“A wonderful hotel with amazing staff”

Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel
Ranked #33 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel for 10 nights whilst visiting a friend. After staying I have gained a whole set of new friends as the staff at the hotel made you feel welcome as soon as you stepped through the door. The hotel itself is in a nice quiet area but close to everything. The room I had was wonderful and the room rate also included internet access and breakfast (which was cooked fresh and tasted wonderful). The staff went out of their way to get to know you and nothing was too much trouble. As a result, I am travelling back to Hanoi for a week just to say hello and hope to be staying with them again.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Kathy C

Reviewed 23 February 2014

The taxi that Charming 2 arranged to pick us up at the airport upon our arrival was there and waiting for us when we came through customers. So easy.

When we arrived in the Old Quarter of Hanoi after a very long flight, we were greeted by Mary and her wonderful staff who met us with smiles at the door and quickly offered us tea while our luggage was taken care of. Check in was quick and the room was lovely, clean and met with our expectations. Our breakfast was so good, we loved the Pho soup and enjoyed hot tea and coffee. We had booked a 2 night Halong Bay cruise, and Charming 2 staff were happy to store our luggage until we returned. When we returned from the Cruise we were met again like we were old friends. Our luggage appeared while we again were offered a refreshing drink as we waited for our taxi to arrive.

Charming 2 staff, from the Manager to the bellboys, were extremely eager to please and helpful. We will stay there again should we return to Hanoi.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have travelled all over the world and I can honestly say this was one of the most pleasant hotels I've stayed in...All the staff were lovely,very helpful and friendly,the room was spotlessy clean and well equipped with free WIFI, a PC,TV,comfortable bed,even fresh fruit every day,brilliant!
The hotel is conveniently located in the middle of the old city,plenty of good restaurants,bars and shops nearby and the staff gave me some great recommendations.
Thank you so much to all the staff for a very enjoyable stay,all hotels should be like this. :-)
Keep up the good work guys.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

As a frist trip to visiting hanoi vietnam. that i have ever been many country and ever stay in many hotel. i would like to say for Charming 2 hanoi have very good all staff. they always have sense of service also room, service, and food. so make me feel like to say...nice room. nice staff. nice service. nice team. good location. i hope to coming back to stay the fantastic hotel again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SombatDaniel
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Everything the most recent reviews say rings true from our experience. I wish I had a guarantee that every hotel I stay at in our remaining two weeks in Vietnam can come close to this one!
We booked a basic room through bookings.com via Trip Advisor and paid $47/night (breakfast and all taxes included). Room was small but immaculately clean (I've actually never seen a hotel room in 3-plus years in Asia this clean, including 5-star on-the-Bund in Shanghai). We had a computer provided, free and high-speed wifi, plus a hot water kettle, instant coffee and iced tea mixes, and fresh fruit daily (variety changes daily: mangos, lychee, pears, apples, oranges). From the lovely welcome juice as we were greeted by name upon check-in (and EVERY SINGLE TIME we entered or exited the hotel by all reception staff -incredible!) to care and concern when my teenage son was ill one day and had to stay in the room all day while I went to Halong Bay by myself, to incredible and detailed assistance booking tour (Halong Bay- it was efficient, reasonably priced $46 for all-inclusive trip, door-to-door service with excellent guide (Viet) and safe driver (Mr. Duan)), as well as onward train and hotel arrangements (I paid only for ticket delivery, $6, which is totally worth it for not having to navigate taxi and train station purchase without knowing any Vietnamese). Mary at the travel desk was top notch. I would have her plan all my travel!! She managed to secure low-availability train tickets and hotels in Hue and Hoi-An, even managing upgrades and better rates on a few. She was always pleasant and patient and professional, and there is no extra charge for her services (other than the one delivery fee mentioned above).
I was concerned after reading about all of the scams on tours to Halong Bay and about the special extra commissions paid with hotel arranging, etc. I for one have no problem paying $46 for an 8-hour round trip minibus ride, bay boat tour, kayak/flat bottoms boat mini-expedition in bay, lunch, and hotel pick-up and drop-off, especially with the wonderful guide and driver (feeling safe on a bus in Vietnam is a precious and wonderful experience!). That's a great deal and the hotel arranged it all and they clearly are working with reputable folks in the Halong Bay tourism business.

All of this, and great attention and service from restaurant staff, doormen, and the excellent housekeeping crew make this place a fantastic bargain in a ragingly crazy, wonderful Old Quarter location.

What a lovely first experience in Vietnam!

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Susan F
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I were thrilled with this hotel. We stayed there based upon price, location, and a very highly regarded staff. We went with good expectations and those expectations were greatly exceeded. First, this was the best staff of any hotel I ever visited. Very friendly, extremely helpful, and great attention paid to the guests. This was true of every single staff person we met. We stayed for a total of 4 nights over 2 visits and felt like we were going home for the second visit! The staff was that welcoming and went out of their way to help. Also, the cost was great especially considering the quality of the room (ours included a computer w/internet which was nice but I don't know if that is the case in all rooms). The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Fruit, water, tea and coffee were complimentary. The free breakfast had Vietnamese and Western items with fresh juices and bread and was very pleasing. When we checked out very early one morning they even gave us breakfast to go which was so thoughtful and very much appreciated. The location is about 40 minutes from the airport and is in a very busy area with many sights within walking distance or a short cab ride away. It is located in the old part of the city which is a great place to stay for tourism.

Room Tip: I believe we stayed in an "executive suite". The room had a computer with internet which...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MARK1215926
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Located an hour ride from the airport to the city centre.Taxi fares range anywhere from $18 to $30 U.S. The hotel is situated in the heart of the old city on a very busy street with lots of small shops, restaurants and bars surrounding it. It is a short 10 minute walk to the night market. The entrance to the hotel is directly on the street and a doorman will meet your taxi and carry your bags to the 2nd floor reception area. The front desk staff speak excellent English and provide you with a complimentary fruit drink while you wait to check in. Our room was warm and inviting with good wifi reception, a safe, mini bar and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was very good and had plenty of hot water. Everything was very clean.
Breakfast was held in the downstairs restaurant and had an excellent assortment of Western dishes (included in the room price).
This hotel stands out from others on our asian adventure due to the diligence of the staff in making sure your stay is up to par. They regularly checked with us to ensure we had everything we required; provided helpful hints on walking the busy streets at night and even checked to see that our breakfast was what we had expected. It is their attention to detail which makes this small hotel stand out.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple