“Absolutely fabulous”

Ranked #31 of 580 Hotels in Hanoi
Perth, Australia
“Absolutely fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We would like to thank all the staff at the Charming II Hotel for a truly wonderful stay.
The hotel is very comfortable and the breakfasts are amazing, but what sets this hotel apart from others is the service provided by all the staff. They really go out of their way to help you enjoy your stay. Many thanks to the whole team, Danny, Johnny, Mary, Tracy, Sophie, Kate, Diem, Thao, Manh, Tony, Vi, Trinh, Liem, Thinh. They really are amazing.
We stayed a total of 5 nights with 3 separate arrivals from tours. Each time we were warmly welcomed and made to feel special.
We can highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Peter S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Due to travel plans falling through, I was stranded in a village about 80km from Hanoi and was desperate to get back to the city. It was impossible for me to find a local taxi firm to transport me. I picked Charming 2 from the glowing reviews on TA and emailed to ask if they could accommodate me for 4 nights, and more importantly, if they could rescue me from my predicament. I had a very prompt email reply from Kate who confirmed all the arrangements, including a car to collect me the following morning at a very reasonable rate. All arrangements were made and confirmed very efficiently by email.

On arrival at the hotel, I was not disappointed. I had an Executive room which was very comfortable, and a good size, with a window for sunlight! I did not hear a peep of external noise throughout my 4 night stay.

Customer service was superb. All customer-facing staff speak very good English, and are always on hand to help with any enquiries, directions, etc. I must make special mention of both Mary and Danny, who are both outstanding ambassadors for this hotel. Mary was always ready with a cheery chat and a joke! On my second day, I succumbed to a bad tummy bug and had to spend the day in my room. I phoned down to Reception at 9pm that night to ask for extra pillows and another duvet as I was shivering from being ill. Danny was most concerned about my welfare as they had not seen me all day, and insisted on sending up a lovely juice to my room, as they knew I had not eaten all day.

It's these personal touches that make this hotel so great. You just don't get that kind of care in the big corporate chains.

My room rate was very reasonable and included breakfast, which was cooked to order from a small menu, and served with a smile.

I am giving Charming 2 a Very Good rating overall, simply because of the lack of a restaurant for evening meals. They do offer an extensive room service menu, which they collect from local restaurants. I tried this twice, and on both nights was very disappointed with my food, and most of it went uneaten. I noticed that it came from the same restaurant on both nights, so perhaps they could look into using another supplier...

However, for customer service, cleanliness, room amenities, and value for money, Charming 2 is a really excellent choice if you are looking to stay in the Old Quarter and I would be very happy to stay here again - I just suggest you eat out at dinner!

Room Tip: Go for an Executive room for a few pounds more, to get more space. Rooms at the back are really qui...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Ambergris Caye, Belize
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I always loved visiting Asia, it never felt like i am away from home, staff is excellent and service, food are over the top. must say one of the best hotel in Asia i visited so far, Thanks for making my trip to Hanoi one of the best experience of my life time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Myself and three other friends stayed at the Charming 2 Hotel for one night but also took up their offer to rest and shower in their rooms on two other occasions. Even though my stay was short, all I can say is that there facilities were clean and comfortable and that their service could not be faulted at all. From the very moment we arrived, we were greeted with big smiles and welcoming attitudes. Our luggage was swiftly taken to our room and the manager was there to explain all the details to us. It took us less than 5 mins between checking in and having a much needed shower. The greatest thing the hotel has to offer is the staff they employ. Every single person was extremely friendly and gave us their undivided attention when needed. Mary, in particular, was a life saver - helping us organise plane tickets when our original flights were delayed. Overall I would rate my experience at the Charming 2 Hotel 5/5 - this hotel is a gem.

Michael (Huy) Sy

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

The nicest hotel staff we came across in Vietnam and probably during our entire trip in Southeast Asia. The room was quite nice, comfortable, and was even equipped with a desktop computer. Breakfast was included and was incredible; SO BIG. Good location, waking distance from night market. Pretty much all you could ask for in a stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for three nights total - the service from all the staff, from reception through to the restaurant was phenomenal. We were even able to leave our bags at the hotel during our trip to Ha Long Bay - on our return we found we had been upgraded to a better room at no cost! Nothing was too much trouble for the staff - including providing us with breakfast at 4am before our early flight even though the kitchen was closed! Huge thanks to Johnny and his team, specifically Danny, Tony, Tracey and Vin for being so accommodating. We will be sharing our experience with our friends and family.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Great small hotel in the old Quarter of Hanoi. We had a front balcony room which l would recommend. Staff are Friendly and extremely helpful, tailors ,restaurants ,shops and site seeing spots were recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends