“Favorite hotel of the trip”

Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel
Ranked #31 of 588 Hotels in Hanoi
Baltimore, Maryland
“Favorite hotel of the trip”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I loved everything about the Hotel Charming II. The rooms are clean, comfortable and up-to-date, the breakfasts are amazing, and as other reviews have mentioned, the staff is incredible. Mary helped me through a lost-luggage crisis and was unbelievably patient when my jet-lagged brain could not figure out the hotel safe. The entire staff was quick to help with trip details or hail a cab; at one point the doorman saw that I was having trouble crossing the street (so many motorbikes) and actually came to my aid. I felt very comfortable here as a solo female traveler. The location is also solid. The hotel is quiet and cool, but step out the door and you're in the middle of the old quarter and right around the corner from all the shops. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The staff here made our stay incredibly comfortable, despite the worst circumstances! When my travelling buddy became ill and we had to cancel our trip to Ha Long Bay, the staff helped us to negotiate with the tour company to get a refund and provided us with translated instructions for the pharmacy! We needed to stay another night in Hanoi and although they were fully booked, they arranged a comparable room for us at their sister hotel, paid for taxis between the two and even sent one of their porters with us in the cab to ensure we got there ok. The staff at the sister hotel (Holidays Hotel) were great too. It was the best service we could have hoped for and meant that what could have ruined our holiday, didn't! We can't wait to stay here again when we reschedule our Ha Long Bay trip!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Charming II for a total of 3 nights either side of a trip to Halong Bay. My girlfriend and I have travelled extensively round this part of the world but rarely have we come across such brilliant hospitality, especially at this price. Linda, Johnny and the rest of the team are extremely accommodating and full of suggestions of where to go and what to do. Anything you have in mind they will arrange for you. The staff are genuinely interested in your opinion. Linda was brilliant at sorting out our trip to Halong bay and had a wide range of cost options for every budget. The rooms are comfortable and well equipped and the location of the hotel is close enough to the main action of the Old Quarter but still ensures a restful night's sleep. We stayed on the 5th and 6th floors and had absolutely no problem getting to sleep. We even received a free upgrade when we got back from Halong bay! The breakfast is great too. We couldn't have wished for more. Will definitely recommend to my friends and family. BRILLIANT!

Stayed July 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We only stayed at Charming 2 for one night, but it was a really great experience and a nice respite from the chaos of Hanoi. The location of the hotel is great, and a taxi from the hotel to pretty much anywhere in the Old Quarter is less than 40,000 VND.

The rooms are small (= easier to air condition) but comfortable. Our bed was great and the aircon worked well. There was a good selection of DVDs if you're into that, and there was a computer in our room which was nice.

The staff are excellent. We primarily interacted with Mary, who was really friendly and attentive. Everyone on staff was enthusiastic about making our stay pleasant, even packing up a breakfast to-go when we had to leave for the airport at 5:30 AM.

I would definitely recommend Charming 2 Hotel to anyone in Hanoi; I'm sure we'll look them up if we ever find ourselves back in town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I absolutely loved my stay at Charming 2 Hotel for many reasons.

First of all, the hotel is well located, basically in the old town, and a 10 minute walk to Hoan Kiem Lake. There's plenty of good restaurants within a walking distance, such as Bun Bo Nam Bo, which is one of my favorite restaurants in Hanoi.

Secondly, the rooms are spacious and clean and the beds are comfy.

Furthermore, the breakfasts are quite tasty, particularly the omelets.

The best part about Charming 2, however, is its staff. Everyone tries their best to do anything you might possibly need, and they do it with great enthusiasm and smile on their faces, without ever being fake. They help me tremendously with my visa arrangements, with booking train tickets, and so much more... Mary showed me some great local eateries and shops and recommended great places to buy silk and lanterns.

I only have words of praise for Charming 2. Its 5-star service sets the bar very high. I will be back every time I will return to Hanoi.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lemaitr
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I've been to Hanoi many times and have stayed at different hotels ranging from very cheap to expensive ones. My last trip to Hanoi, I stayed at Charming Hotel II for 3 nights and my stay at this hotel was very different from the previous ones. What makes the difference at Charming Hotel II is all about the hotel staff, services and rooms. The hotel staffs are very nice and friendly. They all speak English very well and are ready to help. The room is very nice and clean though with no windows (the one I stayed), the bathroom is very clean. My overall impression with this hotel is very good. I'll certainly stay at this hotel again for my next trips to Hanoi.

Room Tip: Difficult to say but the room I stayed 602 is my ideal!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank George C. I
Astoria, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have to share this even though I've already reviewed this hotel. When my wife and I were leaving for a trip in Halong Bay, I realized I lost a new camera card (at 7am). I mentioned it to the man at the front desk, who took it upon himself to summons someone to take my old card (which made me real nervous) and my money, go find the card, and meet us along the way as the van we were in moved from hotel to hotel picking up people. At the third hotel, a motorbike pulled up, a young man got off with my new card, my change and my receipt. I actually had to chase him down to give him the much deserved tip. This hotel is exceptional and they truly do everything within their power to make your stay as effortless as is possible. It's location is in the heart of the city, and the staff is absolutely amazing.

Room Tip: Our room was beautiful. One night we stayed on the street side and there was no issue sleeping. Ther...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple