“lovely hotel”

Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel
Ranked #36 of 597 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in June. Linda, Mary and all the staff were absolutely fantastic, so friendly and helpful, and interested in making our stay really memorable.. the staff made us feel really special, and not just another customer. Rooms were lovely, clean and comfortable and well furnished and also very pretty. Great situation in the heart of the old quarter, very busy and buzzing streets outside, but good double glazing and air conditioning. Wonderful base to explore Hanoi. We will definitely go back here when we return to Hanoi. Recommend wholeheartedly. Thankyou Charming 2 Hotel for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PMJones6

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed for three nights in July 2014 and there are not enough positive adjectives in the English language to describe our stay in Charming Hotel 2 in Hanoi, it was delightful from start to finish. Linda, Mary, Tracey and Kate were so friendly, charming, giddy, fun and helpful as were Tony and the other male staff whose names I don.t know. We were welcomed with fresh fruit juice, warm smiles and cold cloths on our arrival, we were treated like valued friends and not hotel guests. The staff were so willing to give advice and listen to queries. We booked the trip to Halong Bay with them and also the sleeper train to Hue with no problems.
We had breakfast there each morning which was very good and substantial.
The bedroom were spotless and the bed decorated with rose petals. The bed was extremely comfortable. The en suite was a good size with both a bath and shower. There is flat screen TV and computer with free WIFI in each room.
The hotel is located in the heart of the old quarter in Hanoi and close to the lake with lots of excellent street food and restaurants nearby.
What crowned it for us was that the girls on reception guessed we were celebrating ( although this had not been mentioned to anyone) and presented us with a beautiful bouquet of orchids on the day we were leaving. I have never experience service like this even in 5 star establishments, all the girls gave us hugs when we were leaving and Tracey stayed on past her finish time so she could wave us off. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and sincerely hope I will be back in Hanoi so I can stay there again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cullion6
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel earlier this month, and had the most amazing experience!! Linda and the staff there made it feel like we were staying with family, and were the most helpful people we have come across. My friend arrived in Hanoi minus her luggage, and Linda and her team continually tried to locate it with the airlines whilst we went to Halong Bay. They went over and above and we can not thank them enough.
The location was perfect, and great walking distance to everything.
The room was superb, breakfast was fantastic. I would highly recommend this hotel, and will be staying there every time I visit Hanoi. Thank you again!! From Mel & Leith

Room Tip: We had rooms 301 and 401 which had great balconies to watch the chaos in the streets.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We just left this sweet hotel today. We had a lovely 3 night stay at Charming 2 Hotel. Location was excellent - right in the heart of the old quarter. The hotel is a little dated and the walls are thin, but I think you'd get that everywhere in Hanoi. What they do with the space in the rooms is amazing - I was surprised to see how well they fitted 3 beds in the 1 room without making it feel tight. The breakfast was simple but extremely tasty and lovely! BUT!!! 1 thing that makes Charming 2 stand high above all the rest is the OUTSTANDING customer service! WOW! I have never had customer service like it before. The staff at Charming 2 go out of their way to make you feel comfortable at all times. All staff knew all our names (children included) within the hour of us being there. None of the service was fake as it is in some hotels - pure honest devotion to their customers - they care! Special thanks to Linda, Mary, Tracey & Kate - girls - you should be proud of yourselves! Thank you once again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Wonderful stay in this guesthouse with our 2 families. In total we were eleven. Staff is incredibly helpful in finding transport, restaurants, things ot visit. In short: to make sure that this is your best stay ever. Located in the old Hanoi streets, the hotel is really central. Rooms are clean and breakfast is excellent. Great value for money.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We recently spent a few nights in this " charming" little hotel. Our first two nights were great, then a night away at Halong Bay then back to the same hotel, where we were treated like long lost friends. Kate had helped me book train tickets and the Halong Bay trip. She also recommended other hotels for our trip and arranged various pick ups for us. Also Tracy, Mary and Johnny were all so helpful and friendly too. The rooms are spacious and comfortable with complimentary drinks and fruit and very strong wifi. If ever I get back to Hanoi I will definitely stay there again and will recommend to any friends I have going. Thanks guys, it was lovely to meet you all.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DebsLanz
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I loved everything about the Hotel Charming II. The rooms are clean, comfortable and up-to-date, the breakfasts are amazing, and as other reviews have mentioned, the staff is incredible. Mary helped me through a lost-luggage crisis and was unbelievably patient when my jet-lagged brain could not figure out the hotel safe. The entire staff was quick to help with trip details or hail a cab; at one point the doorman saw that I was having trouble crossing the street (so many motorbikes) and actually came to my aid. I felt very comfortable here as a solo female traveler. The location is also solid. The hotel is quiet and cool, but step out the door and you're in the middle of the old quarter and right around the corner from all the shops. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo