“Excellent Personal Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel
Ranked #29 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
“Excellent Personal Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife and I were more than just satisfied with our stay. The courtesy of the staff and the room amenities were far beyond what we had expected. From meeting our driver at the airport to the warm, personal greetings in the lobby to the final farewell -- all was excellent. The pho soup was superb. English was excellent. Hospitality exceptional. Thank you for a wonderful, wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DMart326

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hoi An, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Joined my friends in this hotel during their stay in Hanoi, and I am so pleased that I got to experience this hotel! The rooms are very clean and well equipped, the breakfast had a great variety too! What makes this hotel so special however is the staff, Mary and Linda (as well as all the staff) are very friendly and welcoming and genuine nice people. I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to return myself at some point!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank hanster2014
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Our family of 12 stayed in 5 rooms and 4 of them were upgraded from superior to junior or family suite! The hotel staffs went beyond their duties, it was outstanding... they even knew each of us by name during our stay there and would greet us and asked how our day was etc. Very helpful in all aspects! Breakfast is included and food was reasonable for the price you pay for the rooms! They can provide airport transfers which was handy since we were a big group and ideally wanted to travel in one vehicle instead of multiple taxis. The rooms were roomy and spacious and same goes for bathroom! The added bonus was a computer in each room! Wifi was speedy in most rooms. We will definately return back here!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Quynh N
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I are still talking about our "great" stay at the Charming 2 Hotel. A professional staff that works well together to ensure that their guest are comfortable. A room with a balcony was our choice and what a lovely view of the city. From the night we walked into the Charming 2 Hotel to the morning we left the staff: Johnny, Mary, Linda, Mr Vi and the other staff members were their extending superior customer service. Our taxi was at the airport, our scooter was ready, our room was totally ready, even the AC was turned on. My husband and the staff surprised me with a birthday celebration. It was well organized and I was beyond happy celebrating my birthday in Hanoi at the Charming 2 Hotel. A special shout out to Johnny the night manager and his night crew who always had a smile for us at 4 in the morning as we went out to jog around the lake. I enjoyed my visit to Hanoi and the Charming 2 Hotel deserves the credit. - Mai

Room Tip: Any room with a balcony is very nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Delise M
Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I realize most has been said before but in appreciation I have to commend the staff, Danny, Linda, Mary and Tracy for maybe the most exceptional service I have experienced in all my travels. Currently at another hotel, which I would normally consider outstanding but find myself comparing the service experienced at Hotel Charming 2 and it is indeed a high bar to reach, truly 5 star service at extremely reasonable rates. From check-in, to helping plan forwarding travel (I could not believe upon check out, no extra commission which I would have gladly paid for the personalized service) to the exceptional ala carte breakfast, to our late check out - this is a place that hotel managers should send staff for training, anywhere in the world.
Particulars. Rooms are basic but spotless and best of all have not just internet access but actual computers! For those of us not as tech savvy, what a treat. If new to Hanoi and if you like beer, try the draft Bia Hoi Ha noi around the corner at 50 cents a glass! Great atmosphere and welcoming to those of us unsure about local protocol. I'm usually leery of street food but, in the immediate area, Bun Cha, Bun Cuon and Bun Bo Nam Bo are a must!! Staff won't just tell you where these are but will probably walk you there.
For me and my daughter, not just a stay but an experience - get here while you can as I'm sure as word gets out, rates will bego=in to reflect the level of service provided.

Room Tip: Tried for a window but was unsuccessful - this would have been the icing on the cake! Try for a wind...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank traveldad11
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Hanoi Charming II Hotel is "the" place to stay in Hanoi. We arrived at night very jaded after long international flights and a 12 hour stop in Hong Kong, but after being welcomed with juice, fruit, cold flannels and very friendly staff we were suddenly rejuvenated. The hotel room was excellent and the staff a real treat. They were always interested in what we had been doing during our trips outside. I had a cold and Mary had a glass of ginger tea sent to my room to help it. I also developed a rash and Mary despatched one of the staff to walk with me to a pharmacy to buy ointment. The location is very convenient in the Hanoi old quarter, with so much to see in the vicinity. It is also only a short walk to Hoan Kiem Lake. The breakfast menu was very good and included a good pho bo. We spent 2 weeks in Vietnam and stayed in some truly excellent hotels, but the Charming II was very hard to beat. Highly recommended. When we left Mary came outside and waved us off. I'd love to go back and see all the lovely staff again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Indie_NZTraveller
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The Charming 2 Hotel is by far the best hotel we have stayed in during our trip in Vietnam. Staff were so friendly and always welcomed us with smiles and greeted us by name. We booked our Halong Bay trip in the hotel and they got us a very good deal while allowing us to leave our luggage at the hotel while we went on the trip. Breakfast was very nice and the morning we checked out it was too early for breakfast but they gave us food to take with us to the airport - fruit toast eggs! A big thank you to Mary, Jonny and Danny for their friendliness and willing advice. We would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Hanoi. Jennifer an Brian.

Stayed July 2014