“Construction next door”

Ranked #158 of 588 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Napier
“Construction next door”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed here in June and unfortunately the noise from construction works next door was really really loud. So loud at times we couldn't hear the TV or converse with each other. I complained several times and was just given an - its not so bad - comment in return. (The noise started really early, woke us up and finished late - so it wasn't 9-5). Our stay at the Le Foyer was broken by a trip to Sapa and on our return an early check in fee was demanded even though the rooms (we had 2 rooms) were empty and available. If this accommodation was not prepaid we would not have stayed for the duration.
I am not sure what I expected them to do about the noise but a gesture such as letting us have a free early check in or even a simple apology or acknowledgment of the noise would have been appreciated.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Manila
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

Lefoyer's courteous staff and clean room added to the homey feeling of the hotel. Breakfast is spartan but at least there is one. Great location. Fine restaurants nearby. souvenir shops everywhere. The best hotel for budget-conscious travelers! My other home in Ha Noi!

• Stayed September 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I returned to this hotel almost a year after my first visit and I can still really recommend it. If you want to stay in the tourist area the hotel could not be better located. Staff are friendly as they are in most hotels in this area. Certainly, they are very helpful in booking taxis that don't scam you.
My room was again excellent, large tv, netbook and plent of goodies in the fridge and snacks on the table. Rooms are very well appointed and very clean. The lift is small, but staff help you with your bags. Although travelling by myself I booked for 2 people and got two large twin beds. Maybe better to book a single as the double beds are enourmous. Some joker has build an extension about a meter away from the back window, so no views and limited sunlight. The view was only the backyard anyway, so not really an issue.
The breakfast room seemed bigger than I remembered it and this time devoid of customers. Now I have got the hang of it, a young lady asks you want you want to eat and cooks it directly for you. Being a Muslim, the choice is somewhat limited, but its more than acceptable.
I cannot imagine why Le Foyer isn't more popular, I think maybe it flourishes more on tour groups than independant travellers. But if you are independant its good value through Agoda, although there are better value hotels in Hanoi.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank piphoshin
Leeds, England
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Myself & my wife stayed 2 nights early November.
Room was clean and tidy, bed and shower good.
Very friendly and helpful hotel staff. I was even invited to join them having a beer, and
some of their evening meal on the 1st evening. Given a portion of dried squid to take home !
The Manager also provided us with a 'special' breakfast dish the following morning.
Leaving our luggage after check-out whilst we went on a 1 night Halong Bay trip was also no problem at all. Collected again following evening en-route to airport.
Great value for money for a short stay and ideally located in the Old Quarter.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I only paid a third of what my fellow trade mission travellers paid for thier hotel. Thiers had a wonderful reception and nice breakfast room, mine didn't. But the rooms were nearly as good if a little smaller. They feature a hardwood floor (or are all these floors in Vietnam plastic?), large screen tv, netbook and a bed big enough for the Sultan of Kano to throw a party in. The bathroom has lots of smellies and a real bath. The only downside was that a cat kept having sex outside my window at night, but I don't think you can blame the hotel for that.
As I mentioned the breakfast room is small and the breakfast not great. The staff are great and extremely obliging; they booked regualr taxis for me without trying to take a cut. Had I reviewed this immediately after my visit I would have said that the location is perfect, but , I have recently returned and now favour somewhere a little away from the tourist area. Nevertheless its close to all that you will want for a few days visit. Including cafe 96, which is opposite and one of the best vietnamese restaurants around for prices below most. Also its around the corner from Le Pub, my favorite meeting place, and highly recommended if you can stand hearing Hotel California (which I can't).
For the price I can really recommend Le Foyer, especially if you are only in Hanoi for a few days and this is your first visit.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a number of days during our visit to Hanoi. The hotel is in an excellent location to walk easily around old town. The room was clean and offered everything we needed: nice bathroom, bed, tv, desk, safe. The staff were very helpful with our requests for laundry service, directions, and early morning check ins (5:30 AM one time). The complimentary breakfast was great and the girl who cooked it was very sweet. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel look out on the busy Hanoi streets - the back of the hotel gets...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We stayed here December 2011, and loved the hotel, it is within a 5 minute walk to the lake.

The rooms were very neat, clean & tidy, each room had it's own computer, didn't use it, as I had my little laptop.

Staff are all very friendly and helpful, we left our bags there when we went to Sapa, and they were kept in a locked up room.

Would definately stay there again

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends