Part of a group (max 8 persons) walking thru the Old Quarter of Hanoi experiencing 5 different restaurants, plus a cafe, that one would probably not find easily on your own. We went to:
1. 12 Dinh Liet Street - bun cha (vermicelli noodle with grilled pork) and nem ran (fried spring rolls). By far the best stop on this tour, and we went back several times subsequently for a quick meal, cheap cheap! (2 people eat for $5)
2. 13 Gia Ngu Street - mien ga (glass or tapioca noodle with chicken) and xoi (sticky rice)
3. 24 Nguyen Huu Huan Street - Quan Viet - roasted duck and duck salad
4. 47 Ma May Street - Bo Xuan Xuan - Bo nuong (grilled beef and vegetable on a little bbq run by sterno-like fire starter), great little place, but watch the grease spatter!
5. 25 Hang Bac Street - orchid restaurant - grilled fish in little rice paper wrappers with condiments, this was very good too. Accompanied by coconut rice wine, which is a commercial product, rice wine fermented inside a coconut shell, so is quite smooth and has the definite flavour of its container.
6. 58 Nguyen Huu Huan Street - cafe Sen - for Vietnamese coffee (cafe Sui dat, cafe dat, cafe phin), good to sit outside and watch the city go by.
Ha was very knowledgable about the area, and his English was quite good. We had an enjoyable time, come hungry and be prepared to walk a little, including up steep stairs inside the restos.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.