“Our best night out in Hanoi”

Vietnam Awesome Travel
US$58.00*
Day Trip to Bat Trang and Dong Ho Village
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Awesome Travel for Awesome Travelers, specializing in some private as well as customized tours to suit your desires and expenses. Come with us you will enjoy our local charm in Vietnam.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 26 November 2013

A group of 8 of us booked at the last minute for the street food tour. even though it was short notice they were able to accommodate us, Our guide was Trang who was very knowledgeable and a joy to spend the evening with, she went out of her way to ensure that everyone in the group was happy with the food choices and enjoyed themselves. I assumed that as it was a street food tour we may have been crouching down on the pavements with the locals trying to eat something that may be inedible, that may have been a bit naive but this is all the locals seem to do. We actually ate in restaurants, admittedly they were ones that the locals would use and some places you would not have chose to go in on your own but the food served was really very good. Only towards the end when we were quite full anyone after about 5 visits to different restaurants were we faced with local delicacies such as deep fried crickets and crispy eel skin. Interesting to try but very pleased these were not the main courses, The tour was a great way to see the old town in Hanoi and is something I would highly recommend anyone to try.

3  Thank Truby1970

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I did several tours through Awesome tours and have to say that the food tour was by far the best. Visited approximately 7 locations over 3 hours and tried every variety of local food and drink. Our guide, Jonny, was extermely knowledgeable and friendly. He certainly contributed to making the tour one of the better tours I did in Hanoi.

Additionally, I have to say that I found the owner of Awesome travel extermely helpful and friendly. He was very flexible with the payment for the tours and did not expect any payments upfront. I utitlized the same company for a pickup from the airport and although the price is marginally more expensive that taking a taxi, the peace of mind was well worth it.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We booked several trips through them via the internet before we arrived. Unfortunately on the first trip we went on my wife had an accident! All I can say is that the srvice provided by Mr Anh was exceptional attending the hospital several times, our guide Yen cared for her and myself above and beyond her duty She assisted us with interpreting at the hospital during many visits. Later we were able to attend the food on foot tour which we found to be exceptional and gave us a graeter understanding of where abd what to eat. The food we tasted during this tour was both delicious and unusual and I would urge travellers to Hanoi to make this their first tour they take. as it was invluable in giving us the bravery to eat any where and dishes we wouldnt have known about. A culinary delight in the waiting. Yen our guide was a mine of information both about Hanoi, the food and customs. We found her to be a ray of sunshine and was more than willing to support us whilst being professional and friendly. we now count her as our vietnamese daughter.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We did eat a late lunch which we regretted. We went to about 8 or so places and as all the other reviews have said you would never find these places on your own. Well worth it and great to try things that you would never think of trying

Reviewed 21 November 2013

My wife and I just finished the Hanoi Food on Foot Tour and couldn't be happier. We are both chefs and love food, we couldn't have been any happier with this tour. Chinh our guide was brilliant, friendly and bubbly. I couldn't believe how knowledgeable this 22 year old guide was...What a star!!!

After reading other TA reports we had very high expectations and Chinh exceeded all of them. Definitely come hungry as there is lots of delicious food. I highly recommend this tour for anyone in Hanoi.

Happy eating!!!