“Nothing is too much trouble!”

Vietnam Awesome Travel
US$58.00*
Day Trip to Bat Trang and Dong Ho Village
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Awesome Travel for Awesome Travelers, specializing in some private as well as customized tours to suit your desires and expenses. Come with us you will enjoy our local charm in Vietnam.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I had a lovely young girl by the name of Ian pick me up. I booked in a FULL day private tour for $90USD - and this was great because the driver and the tour guide customised what I wanted to do.

Went to all the usual hot spots, nothing was too much trouble. My tour guide even helped me bargain with some shopping that I wanted to do. AND EVEN helped me book a flight.

2  Thank Jamessigre

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Our hotel arranged this evening food tour for us as a last minute decision as soon we arrived in Hanoi. What a wonderful way to be introduced to the old quarter and the delicious food. Trang was a delight to be with...her enthusiasm and knowledge was wonderful to experience as was the food. We ate at places that we would never have dreamed of stopping at and we ended the most delightful evening sipping egg coffees!!!!!! Do not miss this tour!!!!!

1  Thank BJGAustralia
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Our guide Lily met us at the hotel for this amazing experience of Hanoi's old quarter. We went to over 6 tiny local eateries, and tried about 10 types of local street food. We chose the standard tour but there was nothing standard about it. A fantastic way to begin navigating the old quarter on foot and to help decipher the menus.
My fiancé and I are foodies so pretty fussy about our food, and we loved it all. The stand out for me was the banana flower salad: best I've had. The 'egg coffee' was a surprisingly tasty stop too!

Our guide Lily was the best, she explained a lot about the culture, the way the old quarter was laid out, and of course the food. She tailored the tour to what we were interested in and gave lots of great suggestions. I would recommend this for anyone wanting to get more familiar with the city and it's food. If the heat of the day in summer bothers you though, I'd go in the evening.

1  Thank Catherine C
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I can't speak highly enough of this tour! My advice a to go hungry as you will be eating a lot of food!

Trang our lovely tour guide met us promptly at 18.00 as agreed.

I am not a meat eater but do eat fish, so decided on the seafood tour which was fantastic. My partner does eat meat so there were opportunities for him to have meat alternatives so he was happy too.

The tour weaved us in and out of the old quarter, learning not only about the amazing food but the history of Hanoi and some fantastic lessons on the Vietnamese language.

Trang taught us about the preparation techniques, traditional way to eat certain foods, the freshness of the street food and got us eating things we would have been intrigued by but would have been too unsure to try if on our own (egg coffee!). Her dessert invention was delicious!

Trang was so lovely, she was friendly, patient, funny and informative. She is clearly so passionate about food and the wonderful city Hanoi, we ended up running over by a whole hour!

Don't miss this tour, it's a must do!

1  Thank LotteLou
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Our group of four friends used Awesome travel to plan our 8 day holiday in North Vietnam.Their assistance with choice of hotels and itinerary was appropriate and thoughtful.Any queries or changes to itinerary were dealt with promptly and cheerfully.All pickups and transfers were reliable and on time.The guides were young, intelligent spoke excellent English and provided an exciting and interesting account of the country's history and culture.The cost of the holiday was very reasonable as a result of dealing direct with Mr Anh of Awesome Travel.We can highly recommend this Travel Agency.

1  Thank kathryn552236