“Excellent Tour Group with brilliant tour guides”

Vietnam Awesome Travel
US$58.00*
Day Trip to Bat Trang and Dong Ho Village
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Awesome Travel for Awesome Travelers, specializing in some private as well as customized tours to suit your desires and expenses. Come with us you will enjoy our local charm in Vietnam.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We definitely picked the right tour company to book our 3 tours in Vietnam - Vietnam Awesome Travel. Ist, the Food Tour guided by Ching who is absolutely beautiful with excellent English skills, she took us to 5 different eating venues and at each one she was treated with respect and prompt, quality service was given to our tour group. The food was divine so authentic, fresh and catered for the strict vegetarians in our group. Our 2nd full day tour, Hanoi Highlights was with YEN, she was amazing, her knowledge and love of her country was evident throughout the whole day. She was such a sweet girl with a beautiful personality. Her English skills were excellent and she shared with us her deep passion for Vietnamese culture, history and lifestyle. Yen went above the call of a normal tour guide when she saw me in the busy street and took me on an impromptu motor bike tour of the old quarter and surrounding area. This was unbelievable and allowed me to see Hanoi in the way the locals do. Our 3rd two day tour was of the famous Ha Long Bay which was about a 4 hour drive from Hanoi but worth every second. This place the exact opposite of the hectic pace of Hanoi. We were spoilt onboard Indochina Sails. The 5 star food, service and accommodations were unbeatable. Double Happy Hours added to the enjoyment factor. I wish I could live on board this Junk, Indochina Sails number 4. The night was magical within this serene, peaceful bay. All in all, Vietnam Awesome Travel organised 3 outstanding tours that allowed us to appreciate Hanoi's major tourist destinations. They also organised Visas and airport transfers at reasonable rates.

1  Thank AmandaO64
Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We organized a food tour with Vietnam Awesome after reading the positive feedback here. Our experience was VERY DISAPPOINTING. Our guide was lovely and we enjoyed a pleasant walking tour, but DO NOT go on this tour for the food. Our culinary experience consisted of a cup of coffee - where we were then encouraged to buy the product, a grilled pork skewer, a gigantic bowl of noodle soup, and a few snails. After complaining to the company we were offered some small compensation, but that is not the point of the experience.This tour was not value for money and was very disappointing. We would have been better off spending our money trying things on our own.

6  Thank N B
HanoiAutumn, Owner at Vietnam Awesome Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Clients,

Thanks for your feedback with us, I am sorry to hear that you are happy with food tour.

Firstly let me make clarification about your problem as following,

I checked our business with all guests recently, I did not have a complaint about Food on Foot Tour Hanoi, so I did not refund to anyone as your problem.

You know that my company is family business, so I am sales executive and always emailed directly to guests and get payment from them too.

Awesome Travel, we have an own name is Food on Foot Tour Hanoi, not Street Food Tour,

Our itinerary and prices at: http://vietnamawesometravel.com/travel-9174/food-on-foot-tour-hanoi-25/

When my tour guides start any tours, they will wear our green uniform with logo, now you can refer at: http://vietnamawesometravel.com/blog-4/vietnam-vacation-reviews-travel-feedbacks-tour-reports.html

Now many other travel agencies have the same name or common name is Street Food Tour Hanoi,

Please help us to see your problem again, I am afraid that a mistake in this situation.

I am sure that any clients book Food on Food with us, they are satisfied what were providing.

Thanks for your valuable time and we look forward to serving you soon,

Best regards,

Director: Mr Anh

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were 3 adults and one 4 year in Hanoi for a few days. Following the overwhelmingly positive reviews from Trip Advisor users we gave Awesome Travel a go. It was much cheaper than anything the hotel could find for us. We spent time in and around Hanoi and also further out of the city. The travel guides and driver were knowledgable and kept us on track. It was "Vietnamcentric" with a bit more of a local view of the city and surrounds. They also managed to help us with some off the cuff shopping requests as well. We used them for airport transfers as well. They were always on time and organised. I can see that they might be shot in the foot by their own success though if business, service and quality control don't converge. We would suggest you have some idea about what you would like to see or experience beforehand although running with their itinerary is no bad thing either. Happy to recommend them based on our Hanoi experience.

1  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We signed up for this tour and loved spending the evening with Ching. She is a true hanoian and can get around the city's bikes better than any. We tried 8 amazing local dishes - snail, eel noodle, pho - dish after dish we loved every moment. Great way to see Hanoi while going to places I'd never know were there without our guide. A trip highlight!

1  Thank RLaurien
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We used AWESOME TRAVEL (Mr Anh is the director) recently. It was not a good experience - commitments were not kept, and phone calls back to Mr Anh kept getting dropped more often than normal.

We were a family of 4 persons travelling for 10 days in Vietnam and all arrangements were made by Mr Anh. However, his actions did not match with his commitments before we signed up for his agency. He was more expensive (by around 10%) than many others but we went with him as he was very responsive before the deal was closed.

His responsiveness disappeared the moment we paid the 30% advance !

Our food requirements and preferred quality of restaurants were not delivered in all locations (we travelled to Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hue, My Son valley, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta, Cu Chi Tunnels, Cao Dai Temple, etc.,

Overall, we would not recommend AWESOME TRAVEL.

Cheers