“Enlightening Food on Foot tour”

Vietnam Awesome Travel
US$58.00*
Day Trip to Bat Trang and Dong Ho Village
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Awesome Travel for Awesome Travelers, specializing in some private as well as customized tours to suit your desires and expenses. Come with us you will enjoy our local charm in Vietnam.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My bnoyfirned and I signed up for this tour through our hotel (Art Boutique) and their strong recommendation. First and foremost, our guide, Yen, was wonderful! She spoke English extremely well and was so friendly and funny. We tried so much amazing food too, that I would probably have been too intimidated to try otherwise. I assumed the portions would be small tastes but each stop was basically an entire meal, so be careful not to fill up too much too fast! For only US$25 this was one of the highlights of our Vietnam vacation.

1  Thank kalisimone
Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed 12 July 2014

On our penultimate day in Vietnam myself and two friends decided to take this tour. Our guide, Yen, was friendly and very communicative and spoke great English, with a genuine interest in explaining the food culture in the streets of the Old Quarter. The small group sizes are a bonus and we found ourselves becoming very close with our other member partly due to the tours relaxed casual nature. The food itself was incredible and the utilization of local knowledge found us visiting places that otherwise would have been passed by. With regards to the portions the tour is excellent with the 8 to 16 courses being dependent on your party's hunger levels. Great customisation was allowed of the tour stopping to purchase local coffee and focusing on foods we ourselves had stated interest in. Overall a great tour made greater by good company would highly recommend to others spending a few nights in Hanoi.

1  Thank Ali I
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We definitely picked the right tour company to book our 3 tours in Vietnam - Vietnam Awesome Travel. Ist, the Food Tour guided by Ching who is absolutely beautiful with excellent English skills, she took us to 5 different eating venues and at each one she was treated with respect and prompt, quality service was given to our tour group. The food was divine so authentic, fresh and catered for the strict vegetarians in our group. Our 2nd full day tour, Hanoi Highlights was with YEN, she was amazing, her knowledge and love of her country was evident throughout the whole day. She was such a sweet girl with a beautiful personality. Her English skills were excellent and she shared with us her deep passion for Vietnamese culture, history and lifestyle. Yen went above the call of a normal tour guide when she saw me in the busy street and took me on an impromptu motor bike tour of the old quarter and surrounding area. This was unbelievable and allowed me to see Hanoi in the way the locals do. Our 3rd two day tour was of the famous Ha Long Bay which was about a 4 hour drive from Hanoi but worth every second. This place the exact opposite of the hectic pace of Hanoi. We were spoilt onboard Indochina Sails. The 5 star food, service and accommodations were unbeatable. Double Happy Hours added to the enjoyment factor. I wish I could live on board this Junk, Indochina Sails number 4. The night was magical within this serene, peaceful bay. All in all, Vietnam Awesome Travel organised 3 outstanding tours that allowed us to appreciate Hanoi's major tourist destinations. They also organised Visas and airport transfers at reasonable rates.

1  Thank AmandaO64
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We organized a food tour with Vietnam Awesome after reading the positive feedback here. Our experience was VERY DISAPPOINTING. Our guide was lovely and we enjoyed a pleasant walking tour, but DO NOT go on this tour for the food. Our culinary experience consisted of a cup of coffee - where we were then encouraged to buy the product, a grilled pork skewer, a gigantic bowl of noodle soup, and a few snails. After complaining to the company we were offered some small compensation, but that is not the point of the experience.This tour was not value for money and was very disappointing. We would have been better off spending our money trying things on our own.

6  Thank N B
HanoiAutumn, Owner at Vietnam Awesome Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Clients,

Thanks for your feedback with us, I am sorry to hear that you are happy with food tour.

Firstly let me make clarification about your problem as following,

I checked our business with all guests recently, I did not have a complaint about Food on Foot Tour Hanoi, so I did not refund to anyone as your problem.

You know that my company is family business, so I am sales executive and always emailed directly to guests and get payment from them too.

Awesome Travel, we have an own name is Food on Foot Tour Hanoi, not Street Food Tour,

Our itinerary and prices at: http://vietnamawesometravel.com/travel-9174/food-on-foot-tour-hanoi-25/

When my tour guides start any tours, they will wear our green uniform with logo, now you can refer at: http://vietnamawesometravel.com/blog-4/vietnam-vacation-reviews-travel-feedbacks-tour-reports.html

Now many other travel agencies have the same name or common name is Street Food Tour Hanoi,

Please help us to see your problem again, I am afraid that a mistake in this situation.

I am sure that any clients book Food on Food with us, they are satisfied what were providing.

Thanks for your valuable time and we look forward to serving you soon,

Best regards,

Director: Mr Anh

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were 3 adults and one 4 year in Hanoi for a few days. Following the overwhelmingly positive reviews from Trip Advisor users we gave Awesome Travel a go. It was much cheaper than anything the hotel could find for us. We spent time in and around Hanoi and also further out of the city. The travel guides and driver were knowledgable and kept us on track. It was "Vietnamcentric" with a bit more of a local view of the city and surrounds. They also managed to help us with some off the cuff shopping requests as well. We used them for airport transfers as well. They were always on time and organised. I can see that they might be shot in the foot by their own success though if business, service and quality control don't converge. We would suggest you have some idea about what you would like to see or experience beforehand although running with their itinerary is no bad thing either. Happy to recommend them based on our Hanoi experience.

1  Thank Paul D