“Absolutely Fantastic, Amazing WOW!”
Review of Indochina Sails

Indochina Sails
More attraction details
Owner description: What better way to enjoy the spectacular scenery of this UNESCO World Heritage Site than on board an Indochina Sails or Valentine Junk! With over a decade of hosting international guests on the tranquil waters of Halong Bay, Indochina Sails is proud to be one of luxury cruise teams in the Halong Bay.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were concerned that 3 days/2 night might have been too much but at the end of the trip we were glad we did. from the moment we arrived at the departure gate to board the boat until we returned we had a very relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable time. Most which was created for us by the staff and crew of the boat.
After boarding the boat we were given the usual safety briefing, a welcome drink and introduced the staff and all the other passengers. We were lucky the boat did not have a full complement of passengers. The staff were excellent and seemed know when you wanted help or advice or to be left alone to enjoy the peace, quiet and tranquillity of Halong Bay.
The food onboard was excellent, the pre-dinner entertainment was food related - food carving on the 1st night and making Spring |rolls on the 2nd night passenger participation is strongly encouraged, along with taking part in the Happy Hour 2 for 1 drinks. The cabins were larger than what we expected with surprisingly large bathrooms. Very comfortable beds.
I don't normally mention individual members of staff in my TA reviews but I would like to thank David Huy Tour Manager and Annie Thuanh (I hope I have spelt your name correctly) for making our trip so memorable. To the management of Indochina Sails - you have 2 amazing members of staff who pride themselves on making your guests feel special

2  Thank happybagger

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had such a memorable time in Halong Bay - one of the world's most beautiful settings - if not the most. Indochina are a well organised team with a very personable service both on and off board. The trips we're well planned and well spaced out for you to relax and enjoy local activities in equal measure.

We were so pleased we did the 2 night option. Our full 2nd day on a smaller boat was the highlight of our trip. Don't hesitate in booking the 2 night option if you can fit it into your schedule. When in Halong Bay you quickly realise Indochina have the best looking and most modern boats on the Bay. The rooms are just fantastic.

When we arrived back at our hotel in Hanoi we were surprisingly visited by an Indochina representative who gave us a gift to thank us for our booking with them. A very nice touch to cap off a truly memorable experience.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We have just had an overnight on board Indochina Sails Premium which was an amazing experience. From the moment you are picked up in Hanoi and dropped off again all is taken care of.I own my own travel company and Indochina Sails are the company I always use for clients so was good to experience first hand.
Cabins are comfortable,food good and side trips to the floating village and being rowed by a villager was a fantastic way to see how these people live. Up at 7am the following morning for tai chi followed by the tender to Titop Island for a climb to the top of the mountain followed by a well earned swim rounded off a fabulous experience. It goes without saying that the scenery is what it is all about !

indochinasails_gm, Guest Relations Manager at Indochina Sails, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Fionna,
On behalf of Indochina Sails, I would like to thank you very much for all comments regarding to our service from the beginning to the end. Hopefully you would keep contact us usually in the future.

All best regards.

Lan Phuong ( Ms )

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I would recommend Indochina sails to anyone thinking of traveling to Halong Bay. This was one of the highlights of our trip to Vietnam. We were picked up from our hotel in Hanoi without any problems. The drive from Hanoi to the Bay is terrifying! I think that goes for everyone, it wasnt just our driver, it was the craziness of Vietnam! As it was our honeymoon we booked the presidential suite which was amazing considering the size of the boat. We had a big bathroom with a lovley spa bath and plenty of room in the cabin. The food was outstanding. The staff were excellent and the boat was devine. They have two happy hours on board, a great time to sample the cocktails! We did the 2 night 3 day trip and I would highly recommend doing this, the second day kayaking around secluded caves and beaches was simply breathtaking. We were both speechless at times at how beautiful it was. This trip was definately value for money and one we wont forget in a hurry.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I did a lot of research on Halong cruises, and choose Indochina primarily based on prior reviews and a reasonable price point for the higher end cruises. My fiance and I were not disappointed! Service was excellent from the pick up in Hanoi all the way through the return. Rooms were comfortable and clean, food was plentiful and delicious and prices for wine/drinks/etc. were very reasonable. As an added nice touch, they had board games on board for evening entertainment. On the overnight cruise, I highly recommend the kayaking around the floating village. Thanks to the Indochina team for a memorable Halong Bay adventure!

1  Thank aml01020