Grand Plaza Hanoi Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$62
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Essence Hanoi Hotel & Spa(Hanoi)
US$78
Trip.com
US$83
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbusiness tripluxury hotelbusiness hotelbreakfast spreadrooms are spaciousa great staykoreangymlobbybigcsupermarketfacilitiescorridorconvenience
Reviewed 21 February 2012

A very big hotel that seemed almost empty when I was there in Feb 2012. Big rooms but that was about it... Not suitable for tourists as is far from the city center but could be ok for business people who have meetings in the area (like I). Still searching for my favorite hotel in Hanoi...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kaartma
Reviewed 8 January 2012

service and courteous staff really makes a hotel grand!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Resty2010
Reviewed 7 January 2012

....all afternoon and evening, I couldn't wait to check-out. I totally agree with the "business trip" review. I too was on a business trip. One problem I had was the room was "Africa" HOT..... 28.5 degrees C ( 83 F). I called the front desk and they sent an engineer to the room. He pushed all the buttons I previously pushed, but the temp. never went down to a comfortable level. He acted as though it was a mechanical problem, but we both knew the heater was on. The hotel has a central heating system. It's either HEAT or AirConditioning, not both. Meanwhile and unknown to me, my co- workers room on another floor was at 10 degrees C ( 50 degree F ). We both were uncomfortable. At the peak of the heat, I had to leave the room and check out an hour early.
The noise from the night-club is also an issue as describe in the "business trip" review.
The buffet is over priced and the food isn't so good. Not worth the price.
I realize this is Vietnam, but there are very few hotel employees who speak English. So, trying to describe your problem is frustrating. Over all, I would find another hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: If you must stay there, ask to see room before you check-in.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank tlmh
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed at the Grand Plaza for a 4-day business trip. I would choose another hotel next time I visit Hanoi.
The rooms are very spacious and clean. I stayed on the 16th floor and all night could hear (and feel) the club in the basement of the hotel through the floor in my room. I spoke with the front desk, but they could do nothing about it as the club is owned by private company.
The food at the hotel was mediocre and sometimes down-right gross, plus it is over-priced. Even the pho was too salty and meat precooked and added more as a garnish.
The hotel is in the Korean area of Hanoi which is a 20-30 minute cab ride from the old-quater, where most of the fun and shopping is located.
The spa was sketchy, full of dusty rooms.
The hotel is decorated in elaborate gold paint and empty space, a little weird and out-dated (though he hotel was built only a year ago).
Wifi is only available in the lobby and they charge for its use.
I stayed here because it was convenient for my work purpose. Next time I would stay else where.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the side of the hotel AWAY from the club in the basement.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank thelittleoneWinnipeg
Reviewed 3 November 2011

This is perhaps the tackiest and most gratuitously appointed hotel I've ever set foot in. It's like Giani Versace threw up all over the place. (even the ceilings) . Less then a year old and the paint and plaster is chipping and peeling. The workmanship is terrible. The marble in my bathroom probably cost as much as feeding a Vietnamese family for ten years, but it was badly set, with gobs of silicone everywhere. Just a waste of space, time and energy. Everything was vastly overpriced. Apparently a beer costs 10 dollars US down in the nightclub (the music from which I could hear on the 18th floor well into the early hours of the morning). I didn't venture down. Do yourself a favour and stay downtown at the Melia rather than exiling yourself in the desolate wasteland.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business