“Small but lovely”

Ranked #190 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Adelaide, Australia
“Small but lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

My family and I stayed here in January 2014 on 3 separate occasions. Each time felt almost like we were coming home. Even when we arrived off the Sapa train at about 4.30am, we were welcomed in and given rooms straight away. The staff were friendly and helpful and spoke excellent English. We were helped with travel plans and given great recommendations. Staff even helped us organize a massive surprise for our daughter's 21st birthday, and then gave her a lovely birthday cake! We even had massages in the newly opened spa area. We would definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to friends. Sorry I couldn't find any photos.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Nice hotel with very attentive staff who had responded to all of my emails and booked us a cheap but nice car from the airport. The rooms were clean and nice and had everything we needed and the hotel is in a good location. The only issue is the window looked right out onto someone's balcony which had loud crowds of young people drinking all night... Not the hotels fault but meant I didn't have a very good sleep. Oh and breakfast wasn't that amazing either so the hotel could improve on this.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nomadinabigocean
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here one night. Check in was without problems and I was instantly brought to my very very spacious room. There were two massive king size beds in the room, and there was still enough space to walk around.
The room features a wardrobe, minibar, aircon and a little balcony without a proper view. The room was decorated in nice light colors, but seemed a bit run down. The lights behind the bed didn't work and one lamp above a painting was just hanging down on the wall.
The bathroom was clean and there was instant hot water. At the shower and the tab of the sink.
Wifi was strong in the room and very stable.
The staff was very attentive and helpful. A friend visited with a scooter, but didn't have a helmet for me, so the receptionist lent me one.
Breakfast was buffet style and there was a bright choice. Fresh omelet, bacon, toast, jam you name it, they have it!
All in all a very pleasant stay! I would come back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jon P
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Booked this hotel through booking.com and stayed 3 nights. It was a small money but located in Old quarter near the Lake so it is very easy for you to walk around.Room is clean ,comfortable with Aircon,flat tv, minbar ,window ,wi-fi
Staff is friendly,helfull with smiling . They helped me to contact to airport to get my bag back
Breakfast was not buffet but acceptable with room rate (18$)
They have a travel agency in hotel .i did book some tour with them after wadering around to check price . i was happy with price and quality
I would like to reccomend this hotel !

Room Tip: Choose room are backsite for quite
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank scotty p
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is my first time in Vietnam. My Dad Mom and me have take in family room. It is the large room with clean, comfortable and good bed. Moreover we got a great service from staffs.They take care us as well.
Maid make cleanly the glass door so well.My Mom clash the door!! Haha ~_~"
Front desk advice me to find the famous Vietnam noodle restaurant. She is friendly with me.
But a little disappoint about location as there is many motorcycle with in narrow lane with a lot of noies.
Finally If I have a trip in Hanoi again I will not hesitate to make a choice of the original and i will advice someone who looking for hotel in Hanoi downtown to try this hotel.
(^_^) 3Like++

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ChirachaiR
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

The hotel is conveniently located in the old quarters. The rooms are very clean. The staff are super nice, patient and very friendly. The services are awesome and can't be described in just a few words: We had booked through the hotel a tour to Sapa. The hotel arranged for a taxi to the train station and sent a staff to help us get into our train cabin (it would be very confusing if this was your first train ride without this kind of help). From Sapa, we arrived back in Hanoi to stay in the same hotel. Upon arriving back in Hanoi at the train station, 5 am, we were very happy to see the same staff waiting for us right outside our train cabin. This hotel's staff and service rated the top in all of our stays on this trip. Actually, it topped all services in all of my vacations so far.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Myxyo M
gold coast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

my wife and i have stayed at the Indochine Queen 2 Hotel on 2 previous occasions and have thoroughly enjoyed it. so when we decided to visit Hanoi again we had no hesitation making our reservations with the Indochina Queen Hotel for 6 days. we asked for a front room with a balcony and
because we were considered to be regular guests we were "upgraded". when we arrived at the hotel they advised that all the frontrooms were booked out, we also noticed that all the previous staff was not at the hotel any longer.

we got a room in the second adjoining building and it was a complete disaster. the room had a small balcony with a broken timber table(no doubt it had been out in the weather for some time) and our view was a massive watertank.

the room was long and narrow and the end of the bed was only about 1 meter from the wall. the room was dirty, a chair still had food on it, the blind was broken, 4 lights were not working, the lights in the hallway were broken so we had to use a torch at night to find the key-lock. outside our room halfway up some steps was an old mattress.

the room does not have a safe, so i asked the reception to put our travelwallet with passports and money in their safe, but when i asked for it they had it just in a drawer, anybody could have taken it. when i told the staff that i insisted they put it into a safe they were kind enough to bring a small safe to my room that i could use. so it appears safes are available but you have to insist on one in your room.

in my previous reviews on this hotel i have praised their breakfast as it was good and varied then, but things have changed. the hot food is stone cold, there is not the selection they used to have and the staff is surly and do not even bother to say "good morning" although my wife and i usually were the only ones having breakfast. it was my perception that the hotel was empty and maybe other people have had a similar bad experience.

apart from emptying the rubbish tin and replacing the tiny bar of soap nothing was done to the room for 6 days, it was not serviced once, maybe that was my own fault as i am in the habit of always pulling the bedcovers up and i think they just could not be bothered.

on our 4th day we returned to the hotel and the wet towels were still on the floor so i rang and asked for dry towels and the girl (same girl from b'fast) came up, gave us the towels and asked us if we wanted the room serviced. by that time we justed wanted a rest and told her not to bother.

it is a great shame, we loved this hotel and the staff on our previous 2 visits, but something has gone wrong.

Indochina Queen, you are not a queen any longer, you are now an old, tired, worn-out woman without any personality and your staff has become complacent like you.

we were looking forward to our stay in Hanoi and staying at the hotel and seeing the courteous, attentive staff again and be greeted like friends, but you managed to ruin our stay in Hanoi and we certainly did not expect that.

we had to catch a flight to KL at 9am so we had to leave the hotel at 6am. when i went downstairs there were 2 campbeds in the reception-area and i had to wake the 2 guys there and they were totally annoyed and unpleasant that we woke them so early.
at least the kitchen-staff were kind enough to give us each a banana, a boiled egg and 2 slices of bread because we missed b'fast

give this hotel a miss there is better value around with more pleasant staff.(you may want to refer to my review on Serene Palace Hotel-Hue and the suggestions for Hanoi hotels)

Room Tip: make sure if you want to stay at this hotel that you get a room at the front of the building, where...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple