“Great experience”

Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi - MGallery Collection
Ranked #78 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I went in Jan 2013 for a friend's wedding. I really enjoyed my stay there, the service was great!
I had problem with my hair dryer in one of the mornings, and I called the counter line for help. Within 10 - 15 mins, the staff arrived and helped me out.
When I was checking in, the staff also helped me to carry my luggage to room.
Excellent service!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Susan S
Hotel de lOpera H, General Manager at Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Susan S,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Brisbane
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed for three nights at the Hotel de L'Opera in the suite with king size bed and can only provide favourable comments on the entire experience. On arrival we were greeted like long lost friends and after a friendly check in were shown to our beautifully decorated with charismatic French influence. We alternated the setting of our happy hour drinks between the cosy piano bar and the adjacent indoor atrium style room with a centrally focussed fountain. The hotel's location is excellent with access to Hoan Kiem Lake and the Old Quarter just a short tuk-tuk or relaxed walk away. Most impressive about the hotel were the friendly staff across all areas including housekeeping staff, the concierge (Dang), reception staff, the bar staff (Hueng and Tren) and those working in the hotel restaurant, Café Lautrec (Huyen, Lien and their counterparts). They all could not do enough for us while maintaining a very genuine personal approach that included fantastic interaction and sharing of their own lives and their wonderful sense of humour. We would recommend this location to anyone staying in Hanoi.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Baylovers
Dear Baylovers,

Thank you for the 5 star review, it's always a pleasure to receive such a great feedback. At Hotel de l'Opera hanoi, we try to create a hotel that impresses our guests, in this case we had succeeded.

We are eager to see you return soon to Hotel de l'Opera - an Operatic glamour in the heart of Hanoi. Let me know when you are coming back - We’ll ensure more of the same as your first visit!

Bodo Klingenberg,
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I just loved the hotel de L'Opera! We booked a junior suite for the same price as a regular room at the nearby Metropole. We stayed for 4 nights and although it rained virtually the whole time we had the best time in the hotel! the rooms are fantastic if you like a bit of "theatre", they are quirky and creatively decorated. The beds are truly enormous, I felt like I needed a little trampoline to bounce in to it! The big screen TV at the end of the bed was great, the bathroom was beautiful but functional and the small sitting area with a second TV was great for lounging in the afternoon before heading down to the atrium for complimentary drinks and nibbles which were a feature of booking the junior suite. We were treated wonderfully by all the staff but particularly the delightful bar staff who chatted with us and gave helpful advice about Hanoi sights and experiences. The breakfasts were great, excellent choices, including delicious made to order waffles! I would definately stay again and even though I am sure the other rooms are just as nice I would stay in the junior suite again as it was perfect!

Room Tip: the higher rooms would be quieter and an external facing room has a view of the city
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear GloriaSome,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, in this case, it's even better with a 5-star review.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I would have to say this is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. The hotel is beautifully decorated and the breakfast was amazing. There is a lovely central atrium with comfy chairs around water features where you can have a drink in the evenings or coffee in the afternoons. Above all were the genuinely friendly staff who were so helpful and full of smiles - they genuinely seemed pleased to be working there. The hotel is in a great location in Hanoi, in the French quarter just near the Opera house and the Metropole hotel. Its within walking distance to all the major sights and in a nice part of town. If I was ever visiting Hanoi again I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere other than the Hotel de l'Opera. This hotel made my stay in Hanoi.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel de lOpera H, General Manager at Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear GillaR,

We very much appreciate your 5 star review regarding your stay at the Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi. It is always a pleasure to receive such a wonderful feedback.

I will pass your comments to the team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My boyfriend and i stayed here for 2 nights and i definately recommend this hotel to everybody! The location is central and close to all must-sees. The deluxe room was large and had a wonderfull king size bed! I slept like a baby....there was a pillow menu, rain shower, so there is really nothing to complain about. Breakfast is extense and of good quality. The interior design is modern, it's a boutique hotel...lovely. ..

• Stayed October 2013
Dear ilipili,

Thank you for taking time to write us a 5 star review. I'm delighted to hear that you had a great time at Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at HDLO for two nights went to Sapa stayed again for a night went to Halong bay then returned for a fourth night on this trip. This is a well run hotel with properly trained staff who go out of their way. One of them went with us to make sure we found a laundry service nearby. Our room, a king deluxe, was clean, spacious and well appointed but the beds are way too comfortable. We were there to see Hanoi but wanted to stay n bed. They really have terrific beds and I'm not the first poster to say so. Location was great for us, close to the lakes and other major sights. We never ate in the hotel but here's a little tip. If you walk out the side door next to the bar where they keep the absinthe bottle, there is a very good little italian restaurant with a decent wine list. When back in Hanoi we will stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Zamborgini
Dear Zamborgini,

Thanks so much for the high praise and I have passed this on to our team who are just simply thrilled to have made the difference to your stay with us. I'm glad you loved our amazing bed which is of the hotel's main selling points.

Bodo Klingenberg,