“Nice hotel”

Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi
Ranked #82 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The decor is quite ambitious...maybe even a bit over the top. But we loved the way our room was layed out. The bathroom can be a separate room, or part of the larger open space. There was a huge claw-footed tub. Food and service was very nice! It was a cool and pleasant place to stay in the middle of hot Hanoi. And, the location was excellent. We would stay there again. My only issue is that our room was not ready when we arrived either time. (We stayed there twice.) Having said that, the staff handled the problem very nicely.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel de lOpera H, General Manager at Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Ktravel_13,

Thank you for taking time to give us such a great review, we appreciate the opportunity to hear from all our guests and use the feedback to continue our journey to create a memorable hotel.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi and our staff was helpful, I passed the comments on and the team are delighted to know they have made such a positive impact on you.

Please let me know next time you visit Hanoi, I'll have the room ready for you perfectly on time with extra smiles from the team.

Bodo Klingenberg

Write a ReviewReviews (1,526)

Reviewed 23 November 2013

2nd stay here (I switch between L'opera and Sofitel in Hanoi) and was not disappointed. The staff actually remembered me from my first stay. Airport transfer and other transportation requests were met seamlessly and I really can't fault the service. Needless to say, location, rooms and food were great. I am definitely coming back to L'opera on my next Hanoi visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Hotel de lOpera H, General Manager at Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Chermz,

Thank you very much for the 5 star review, It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

This hotel is perfectly located: a walking distance to the lake, a mall, and many shops and restaurants. The service is friendly and professional. Two rooms I've stayed in during my two visits were clean and well equipped. The internet connection was fast and available at the restaurant as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear OrangeSunset441,

Thank you so much for the high praise, it makes my day to know we have created a hotel that you love! I have passed on your comments to our team who was delighted to know they help meet your needs.

Thanks again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. I look forward to welcome you back to your new found holiday home - Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon trip to Vietnam and it proved to be a super hotel. Located in the French quarter it's in a quieter part of town but only a short walk to all the action in the old quarter - the perfect place if you like to get around on foot but don't actually want to stay where it's busy and noisy.

Our room was on the 6th floor and very quiet. It wasn't the biggest space but fine for three nights. Shower was great and had all the amenities you'd expect inc free wifi.

Lots of choice at breakfast although the cooked pancakes / omelettes weren't of the best quality.

All in all a lovely hotel for a few nights in this buzzing city. Would recommend.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Donnaleedew,

We welcome guest’s comments and feedback as we continually seek ways to evolve our levels of service and guest experiences on our journey to creating a hotel that guests love. I was delighted to hear that you had an excellent stay and a great time exploring the neighbourhood.

Thanks also for highlighting many good points of the hotel and of course the location which make it easy for our guests to enjoy the old charm of Hanoi.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel upon arrival in Hanoi and were so glad we did being first time visitors to the country. It was a great comfortable place to get a feel for the city and practice crossing the street in the hundreds of moterbikes! Great location close to the opera house and a short walk to the Lake, so easy to explore without diving right in. The room was large and bathroom was beautiful. good restaurant and bar again helped with the adjusting / jetlag upon arriving to the country. Certainly a splurge as far as price goes in Hanoi, but would recommend for your first night, or perhaps after some more rustic adventures in the county.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel de lOpera H, General Manager at Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear NoraMango,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

One of the best hotels I have stayed in a developing city. Close to luxury shopping as well as the lake and old quarters. Stunning rooms as is newly built and has a very modern french feel to its atmosphere. Had a suite and a romantic time with my partner. Breakfast was a treat. Service staff were helpful but at most times busy as I suppose the hotel has good business.

Room Tip: I suppose you would hear the honking traffic most of the time so it doesn't matter!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel de lOpera H, General Manager at Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Samm H,

Thank you so much for the kind words and sharing your experience. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the stay at Hotel de l'Opera hanoi. I have passed your comments on to the team and they are so proud to have made an impact in order to help make your vacation complete.

We are eager to see you return soon to Hotel de l'Opera - an Operatic glamour in the heart of Hanoi. Let me know when you are coming back - We’ll ensure more of the same as your first visit!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This beautiful 5 star hotel is not cheap, by Hanoi standards, but is still very cheap by world standards - for what is simply a beautiful, world class hotel. The staff were fabulous, the breakfast was sensational and attended to both Eastern and Western needs. The rooms are very funky, clean and beautifully presented. The location is a very short walk to all of Hanoi's good bits like Old Quarter, Ho's mausoleum and museum, the lakes etc. They also organised our airport transfers both ways for us, with ease and no massive add on costs.The concierge was brilliant at making recommendations, even down to the street food recommendations and where to get good massage. It is true - if you go to Hanoi and don't eat the street version of "bun cha", you should be locked up. It was lovely. I would go back and stay at this hotel in a heart beat.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Stuey B,

Thank you for the 5 star review, it's always a pleasure to receive such a great feedback. At Hotel de l'Opera hanoi, we try to create a hotel that impresses our guests, in this case we had succeeded.

Thanks so much for the high praise and I have passed this on to our team who are just simply thrilled to have made the difference to your stay with us.

Bodo Klingenberg,