“Good hotel - some housekeeping issues”
Review of Hanoi Tirant Hotel

Hanoi Tirant Hotel
Ranked #76 of 606 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

This is a very good hotel with big rooms which are well furnished and comfortable (if a bit over the top with Liberace style decor!). Front desk staff are welcoming and helpful as are the door men & porters. Breakfast was fine if nothing special!

Location is great in the old quarter, close to everything. I got a free upgrade from the classic room I booked to a deluxe room and was delighted about this when I was told as apparently classic rooms have no windows and my updgraded room would. This was slightly tainted when I got to my room which had one tiny window which only opened about 6 inches as it opened straight into a wall on the other side! It's not really a complaint as it was a free upgrade but worth noting that if you do book a room with a window...don't get your hopes up!!

My only big issue with this hotel was housekeeping with which I had a few issues;
1. When I got to my room there was a strange appliance plugged in emitting a blue light and a notice on it about it being a radiation source! I had no idea what it was and asked the bell boy when he brought my bags...he either wasn't sure or didn't have enough english to explain. Either way he had a brief talk with the housekeeper who was in the corridor and pretty promptly removed it!
2. When I lifted the toilet seat I noticed an amount of a brown dirt like substance on the surface of the toilet rim. On closer inspection the bolts and surrounding area holding the seat in place were absolutely filthy!
3. Housekeeping operate in groups of 2-3, and with each floor being quite compact, and starting their tours at about 8a.m. there is constant noise & loud chatter from the housekeeping team in the corridor for almost the entire morning & afternoon
4. On day 2, I was in my room in the afternoon and I could hear the housekeeping team approaching - loudly - for about 15 minutes. When they knocked to enter the room I greeted them and asked them to wait 2 minutes. I took 2 minutes to put on my shoes and get my book to go wait in reception. By the time I had re-opened re door they had disappeared to service another room meaning I was out of my room for nearly 40 minutes as I waited for them to service the other room as well as mine

Finally, staff were very helpful on storing my luggage while I left hanoi for an overnight trip to halong bay

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank journeyman29
Write a ReviewReviews (1,694)

Reviewed 7 December 2013

This hotel is good located in the center of Old Town, staff were were friendly and gave us a room with nice facilities, I enjoyed my stay very much

The hotel had all things one could need and very good restaurants near by..

The breakfast was also ok, with a chef making eegs and pho

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TeeTee V
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The Tirant was our first hotel stay in Vietnam. The staff was very friendly, helpful with directions and had decent English speaking skills. The hotel has a lovely view from the top floor where they serve food and beverages. Good local restaurants near by. I requested to be in Old Town. Even though we're experienced travelers the chaos in Old Town was initially a bit overwhelming. Once we acclimated we enjoyed the location.

Room Tip: Ask for room that doesn't face the busy street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JRW1950
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed here for two nights with our two children, 5 and 3 years. The staff are quite attentive and helpful. When we arrived our two children where asleep in the taxi and the front desk staff sped up our check in and allowed me to take our little ones straight to bed. Unfortunately in the hullabaloo our SLR camera never appears to have made it out of the taxi or was lost in transitioning to the hotel. The location is great, the room a bit gaudy with a lot of gold in the decor. The beds are very firm. We stayed in interconnecting rooms on the second floor which had a window. Apparently not all rooms have windows. However, there is a computer available in each room and the wifi is great. Breakfast was average - a good supply of food but nothing outstanding. A definite highlight for our kids was the coy pond in the lobby. Gym small but effective. Pool tiny and cute :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
hanoitiranthotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hanoi Tirant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Frizzybee,

Thank you for your comment regarding your stay at Hanoi Tirant Hotel.

We have reviewed your feedback and even though there was no problem occurred during your stay, we wish that we would have done everything better so that your stay could turn from so so to perfect.

We hope that if you visit Hanoi again and choose to stay in the Old Quarter, please give us another chance so that we could deliver a better experience for you and your family.

Best regards,

Customer Service Personnel.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Well located in middle of Old town which makes you can do all by foot. Staff is very helpful and give good tips for efficient way to spend your time. rooftop view is worthwhile. we had the bigger room which was in front side and therefore nice view and also enjoyed the spacious balcony.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Eveline P
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Slept here a couple of nights in September (20013) in low season, which resulted in a very favorable price. the location of the hotel makes it easy to get around the city.
the breakfast that was served was avrage, but what does it do when domestic food outside the hotel is incredibly cheap and tastes wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank christoffer-sweden
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Good hotel in old town of Hanoi. Very well located with only a short walk to the market streets and loads of nearby restaurants. Room was comfortable but housekeeping staff work early and are far from quiet in the mornings! Great breakfast served downstairs. Would stay there again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple