This is a very good hotel with big rooms which are well furnished and comfortable (if a bit over the top with Liberace style decor!). Front desk staff are welcoming and helpful as are the door men & porters. Breakfast was fine if nothing special!
Location is great in the old quarter, close to everything. I got a free upgrade from the classic room I booked to a deluxe room and was delighted about this when I was told as apparently classic rooms have no windows and my updgraded room would. This was slightly tainted when I got to my room which had one tiny window which only opened about 6 inches as it opened straight into a wall on the other side! It's not really a complaint as it was a free upgrade but worth noting that if you do book a room with a window...don't get your hopes up!!
My only big issue with this hotel was housekeeping with which I had a few issues;
1. When I got to my room there was a strange appliance plugged in emitting a blue light and a notice on it about it being a radiation source! I had no idea what it was and asked the bell boy when he brought my bags...he either wasn't sure or didn't have enough english to explain. Either way he had a brief talk with the housekeeper who was in the corridor and pretty promptly removed it!
2. When I lifted the toilet seat I noticed an amount of a brown dirt like substance on the surface of the toilet rim. On closer inspection the bolts and surrounding area holding the seat in place were absolutely filthy!
3. Housekeeping operate in groups of 2-3, and with each floor being quite compact, and starting their tours at about 8a.m. there is constant noise & loud chatter from the housekeeping team in the corridor for almost the entire morning & afternoon
4. On day 2, I was in my room in the afternoon and I could hear the housekeeping team approaching - loudly - for about 15 minutes. When they knocked to enter the room I greeted them and asked them to wait 2 minutes. I took 2 minutes to put on my shoes and get my book to go wait in reception. By the time I had re-opened re door they had disappeared to service another room meaning I was out of my room for nearly 40 minutes as I waited for them to service the other room as well as mine
Finally, staff were very helpful on storing my luggage while I left hanoi for an overnight trip to halong bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tirant Hotel is brand new boutique hotel with ideal location on 36-38 Gia Ngu Street - the heart of Hanoi, is a short walk to the famous Hoan Kiem Lake (just 2 minutes), beautiful architecture of the Grand Cathedral, Opera House and a fascinating slice of centuries old life in Hanoi, the old Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hanoi Tirant Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.