“Perfect Tirant”

Ranked #73 of 581 Hotels in Hanoi
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“Perfect Tirant”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our friend Carol booked our accommodation online, she did a fantastic job in booking the Tirant. As you can imagine it is not always easy to please everyone when travelling. The staff were always friendly and accommodating, we were upgraded even though the original booked room was very nice. Awesome breakfasts,the position of the Tirant meant it was easy to wander to markets and food places. The bar at the top was a great place to spend evenings when a bit cooler and catch some through breeze, to watch the city lights and lightning displays that happened while we were staying. So book and enjoy the hospitality of the Hotel Tirant.

Room Tip: If you like light, choose a room that has windows so you don't feel like you are in a box.
3 Thank Shirley M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Waitara, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We booked our rooms on line, so we were not sure just what expect. From the moment we stopped outside the Tirant we were impressed and it just got better from there, we were treated extremely well and as it was low season we were up graded to a larger room, so happy with this, but the smaller room was also very nice, so it would have been perfect as well. The bar at the top of the hotel was really great, with a choice of inside or outside. We felt very spoilt, the staff were amazing. I have not hesitation in saying, you would have to be very very picky not to have a great time at the Tirant. It is perfectly positioned for fun and the little street it is on is great for a beer and some wonderful street food. Just book it, and have a great holiday.

Room Tip: Just know what the categories are and if you want absolute indulgence then pay a little more for it...
5 Thank Carol K
Udaipur, India
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The hotel is aimed at tourists, but my trip was for business over three days in Ha Noi.
The assistance provided by the staff was better than I have received at any of the major chains and was instrumental in winning new business in Vietnam. I will definitely stay there on my next trip.

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor looking towards the lake. It was a good room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Murray W
Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great hotel in the middle of the Old Quarter.
The rooms are a good size, the bar at the top offers great views and the small pool is a welcome relief from the sticky Hanoi weather!
The staff are incredibly welcoming and helpful.
The location is fantastic just beware of mopeds as you step out onto the street!
Only downside the breakfast "hot" items were cold but the choice was good and the coffee fantastic.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank margatemum
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Tirant hotel proved to be the biggest surprice during my recent stay in Vietnam’s capital. I stayed for 3 nights with family and booked this hotel because of good reviews and the bargain price. To be honest, I was a little concerned on what to expect: the price seemed too low and I did not really trust the describtions and pictures I found in the internet. Fortunately, my concerns were not justified. As I entered the hotel, I immediately felt welcome by the overwhelmingly enthustiastic and caring staff. The reception and lobby area is quite small but charming in its own way. The thing I loved most about the Tirant, though, was the room. Even most 5- star properties do not provide such level of comfort and service nowadays. I even dare to say my room was excellent and among the best I have ever had. Huge in size, with big comfortable beds, a smart bathroom and equipped with everything one would expect: a big falt- screen TV, bathrobes and slippers, lots of toiletries. I was impressed to find a computer with internet access in the room which could be used free of charge. It’s also important to mention that I could not hear any street noise, even if the window was open. That might be due to the fact that my room faced the inner courtyard but I am sure all future visitors to Hanoi will appreciate that silence (Hanoi’s old town is very lively).
Also breakfast, included in the price, was of decent quality. I was surprised by the fact that a chef prepared eggs during breakfast what normally is only common in luxury hotels.
There is a tiny pool on the hotel’s roof- terrace however I did not use it, mainly because of the rainy weather conditions during my stay.
Location is simply great: in the heart of Hanoi’s old town, it’s a 5 min. walk to Hoan Kiem lake and it takes no more than 15 min. to reach the historical buildings of the colonial quarter. Moped taxis are available at every corner for loner distances.
Staying at the Tirant hotel was a great experience. I recommend this hotel to all potential Hanoi visitors and would happily return in the future.

Room Tip: Facing the inner courtyard in order to avoid street noise
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank WAW-Traveler
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

What an excellent decision by Than Tran of Indochina Voyages to use the Tirant Hotel as our base for our week in Hanoi. Staff were most efficient, and handled our overnight trips to Sapa and Halong Bay with a minimum of fuss.
Executive suites on the 7th and 8th floors at the front were very comfortable, quiet, and offered great views of the busy streets below. Rooftop bar and pool was a great place to relax late afternoon, breakfast in the mornings presented a variety of styles of food, and position of the hotel perfect for wandering this wonderful old area of Hanoi.

Room Tip: Rooms 701, 711, 801 811 in a good position.
2 Thank Rmvn14
Batu Pahat, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

At first glance, Tirant Hotel is like any other upmarket hotel in the Old Quarter. Rooms are well proportioned and clean, and it is situated right in the heart of where the action is, very very close to Hoan Kiem Lake. However, it is the FANTASTIC SERVICE that sets Tirant Hotel apart from the rest. My cousin and I stayed two nights here, and somehow we managed to oversleep breakfast the first morning. When we went down to the buffet (bewildered travelers we are...), we found the restaurant staff cleaning up. We were more than 1 hour late! Instead of simply turning us away, chef Mario and wait staff David, sat us down and seved us eggs, toast and fruit. We were so grateful for their kindness! We also received great service from front deskers John, Janet and Hana. They booked cyclos for us, organised tours, recommended restaurants and "gently" instructed us when we tried to speak Vietnamese. They also let us store our bags for free on our way back from Halong Bay. We had a great stay! Only wish we could stay longer! STAY HERE IF YOU'RE GOING TO HANOI!

Room Tip: Don't open the in-room window. It's double glazed to keep the noise out!
2 Thank Karen_Chow_BP