“One of those hostels that you find hard to leave”

Central Backpackers Hostel - Original
Ranked #30 of 341 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
London, United Kingdom
“One of those hostels that you find hard to leave”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Each time I visit Hanoi I stay here, Its layout and bar are perfect for meeting other travellers and it has a great atmosphere every day, the free beer helps too! I've made so many friends in this hostel and all my Hanoi memories stem from this place. The staff are amazing, the rooms are clean, the wifi is fast and there's always hot water. One day i'll be back again for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank fchris17

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The place is very central and minutes walk from the city centre. The staff are friendly and very helpful. They organise trips to Halong Bay, book flight etc. The drinking games during the free happy hour were great and the staff bring all the guest on pub crawls. I never got to write my name on the wall but when I come back again I will.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The highlight of my entire 5 week Vietnam trip was staying at this Hostel.
The place was friendly, clean and really good for how little it costs.
The staff are amazing, and we're really helpful with any troubles we had, and for general advice.
The bar at night is a great place to meet people, with everyone being unbelievably friendly!
If you go to Hanoi this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are the same. the building is really high, but there is a handy lift.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed here for about 10 days when originally I'd only planned on 5. This was, in part, due to the awesome, friendly nature of the staff and also their helpfulness. They genuinely act as friends rather than employees and will not only give you advice on where to go and what to do, but also go with you and party the night away! Too many stories built up over my time here and also on the trip to Ninh Binh with the soon to be manager of the new Central Backpackers! Thanks for the memories!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Christopher H
Hanoi
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed in Central Backpackers when I first arrived in Hanoi and I loved every second of it. One of the best things about Central Backpackers is the people who work there and the owners. They become like your family away from home. I have been living in Hanoi for almost a year now and I still go back to Central Backpackers for a good time and to see my family away from home. The rooms are great, there's good internet and a printer if you need to print out any booking information etc. There is always good music (you can also choose what music you want to play there), cheap booze, and good company...and free beer every night! If you are looking for a good party, you are in luck as Central Backpackers takes you out to all the hot spots in Hanoi. The staff are also just the most wonderful, helpful staff and will do their best to help you with you anything you may need. How can you not love Central Backpackers. I'd highly recommend Central Backpackers to anyone who is looking for a good time, quality people and most of all...free beer :)

• Stayed March 2013
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 1 December 2013

First backpackers we stayed in in Hanoi. Stayed in a 5 bed dorm for $5USD a night. Rooms were clean and tidy. Free beer at happyhour was fun. Close to lots of great tourist attractions. we booked our halong bay trip through the hostel which was great fun! Really friendly staff. We had a medication that needed to be kept refrigerated which they did for us :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 16 November 2013

On our 5month trip across, we came along central backpackers hostel hanoi. A good place to crash, fairly cheap. good free beer and good bed.

Sadly they have a really big mess in the reservation, confirmation and booking system. So in the morning u never know wheter ur bed is free for the next night, or if u have to move to another bed, or even to another hostel... that makes it a bit tiring,

anyway,