All reviews free beer free breakfast a great place to meet halong bay bar crawl booze cruise old quarter sapa tour open bus ticket ensuite bathroom cleaned daily cleaned every day ha long bay tour walking tour hot water place to stay rooftop bar
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

I would recommend to stay here as it is in such a good location in Hanoi. Close to the night markets and all the main attractions. Staff are really friendly and helped to organise transport from the airport. They offer walking tours every morning and the guide Hannah was really good and helpful. Breakfast is pretty good. The rooms are a bit small but pretty clean.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

I decided to tack Vietnam onto my SE Asia trip about 4 days before I arrived. I honestly didn’t plan anything and only chatted with 3 people about it before I arrived. Upon arriving I booked a night at central backpackers on a whim without reading any reviews (which I don’t normally do) I got there via taxi but was at the wrong location since there’s an original and a old quarters location. It was midnight when I got in but they still have me a room. The beds are clean, the lockers are big enough for a backpack and they supply a key. It was also the best shower if had in weeks. Excellent water temperature options, great pressure and it came from directly overhead.
-They supply a 2.5 hour walking tour everyday at 10am which is a great first look at Vietnam and I met a bunch of people.
-Free breakfast is filling and from 7-10am
-tours to Sa Pa and Ha Long bay are offered at affordable prices and include everything. You meet amazing, like minded people on both. This was awesome as I hadn’t planned anything and just signed up for both tours.
-to top it all off, they offer free beer from 7-8 every night then follow that with a pub crawl.

Awesome time, wonderful people, highly recommend!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2017

The room was super clean and the bed was super comfy with a big, clean, white bed cover that was amazing. It is a big hostel with a rooftop bar that offers a bar crawl & free beer, it also has a movie room. The staff are friendly enough but charge a little more for tours (Sapa, Ha Long Bay) as you can get them cheaper at a tour offices down the street.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Hienvantran, Người quản lý at Central Backpackers Hostel - Original, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is great to know that you had good time and enjoyed your stay in our hostel.
To the price of the tours, there are many kinds of tours with different prices and of course different experiences and quality. We do the tours differently from the rest and are so confident to say "our tour is worth for money". You get what you pay for...
Once again thank you so much for your feedback and hope to see you again in our hostel.
All the best!

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

This was the first hostel I have ever stayed in so although I thoroughly enjoyed my stay I guess at first I didn't realize how lucky we were with this hostel choice.

The staff are lovely, very friendly and accomodating and are happy to help with travel related queries (not my own in these examples) such as trying to locate drunk people, lost go pro's, directions, good places to eat as well as helping to book tours. They also provide visa extension service, laundry, bike rental and open bus ticket booking.

We booked both the Sapa and Halong hideaway tours through the hostel for a very reasonable price. They also gave us a free night's stay for the night between the two trips.

Great atmosphere in the bar, especially free beer hour. The crazy staff then lead bar crawls out into Hanoi. They are brutal. But good. The hostel also has a sister hostel (Old quarter) the other side of Hanoi where you can enjoy the sky bar and other cheap/free drink deals once the 'original' hostel happy hour is over.

The dorms are bright and airy and have decent sized lockers to store your stuff so the rooms needn't get untidy. Cleaned daily. Bathrooms are also nice.

Would highly recommend and definitely stay again if in Hanoi, this is a fun party hostel and a great place to meet people.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

A very nice hostel in a perfect location. All sightseeing places, market and old quater are in walking distance.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. They offer different tours, e.g. treking tour to sapa, homestay in mai chau. The tours are well organised and the prices are absolutely o.k. Other hostels are much mire expensive for the same tours.
Rooms are clean, have balkones and lockers. The only thing missing are reading lights for each bed. Once the central light is off you will need you mobile phone for light.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo