“Quiet and excellent homestay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Hanoi Homestay - ChezLinhLinh House
Ranked #59 of 604 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Antwerp, Belgium
“Quiet and excellent homestay”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

After a flight from Europe, you want to stay in a nice and friendly place ... well Chezlinhlinh is such a great place. Away from the busy old quarter, but still near many tourist sites. Outside the homestay, you don't see tourist and pay a correct price for food. The Pho Bo around the corner on the street is excellent and a great start!
Thuy will provide all necesarry information to travel around (not only Hanoi) and is a great host! Learn to take the local bus to places (easy and fun).
Our 2 daughters (8 and 10) enjoyed their first real homestay and we very much recommend this place.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jan D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Before you read on: STAY HERE.

My father and I traveled to Ha Noi, for a combination trip: we did a 6-day motorcycle tour of the northern Viet mountains, and we did a 3-day cruise of Ha Long Bay (really Bai Tu Long Bay). Our first day in Ha Noi, between the two tours, and our last day in Ha Noi, we stayed with Thuy and her family at ChezLinhLinh. To even begin to express just how grateful we were for Thuy's help and the wonderful home stay would be difficult to express in words. THUY IS INCREDIBLE. She continued to amaze me with her never-ending kindness and desire to help us have a wonderful experience in Ha Noi.

The rooms are wonderful. My dad and I stayed in two of Thuy's rooms while we were with her: both were exceptional for a home stay in Viet Nam. AirCon, great showers, very comfortable beds. Whenever I travel, I like to check the seams of the mattresses that I'm sleeping on for signs of bedbugs (you can check the stitching in mattresses to see if you see bedbug feces, etc.). When I did this at Thuy's home, I LOVED that I found the mattresses wrapped in plastic to protect them against bedbugs. Prophylaxis!!!

Thuy knows EXACTLY what she is doing and really knows the ins and outs of Ha Noi and how to be helpful for travelers. The minute I return to Ha Noi, I'll be calling Thuy up! She and her wonderful family became my new Vietnamese family, right away. A home away from home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Zach B
Monmouthshire, South Wales
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed for a few days on arrival in Vietnam and between trips to Sapa and Bai Tu Long. This is not just a home stay, they also run a travel company and can help plan and book your trip. From the outset Thuy was a pleasure to deal with and they are the most fantastic hosts. Our room was large and air conditioned and very clean. It is so much more than the b&b we have in GB, they really go the extra mile. The house is not in the tourist area so we got to see a glimpse of real Hanoi life. Crossing the road is daunting to begin with but slow and steady gets you there ok! Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ginge01
uk
Reviewed 10 March 2014

we found this home stay on trip adviser as you will see from the reviews, you will be stopping with a wonderful family, but there is a lot more going on if you ask. Thuy organised a tailor made amazing 5 week adventure for us. Home stays with wonderful families from the far north, to The Central Highlands, and the Mekong Delta
Nothing was too much trouble. We were due to go to Ha Long Bay but a cyclone was heading our way, Thuy changed the programme at the last minute, and rearranged for a later date. this is real service. she stayed in contact through out the trip to ensure everything ran smoothly. highly recommended if you want to get away from the main tourist trail

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mikkky
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed here at the start of our trip and it was perfect. Much quieter and more relaxing than staying downtown, with a few good food options close and within a quick bus ride of downtown. If we go again would definitely stay again. And she makes amazing spring roles! As with almost all places we stayed in Asia, the beds are on the harder side.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My family spent 4 nights here and we could not have asked for a better start to our Vietnam holiday. Our hosts Thuy and Lam were wonderful and made our stay an incredible experience, our rooms were spotlessly clean and big enough for our family of 4. It was easy to catch the local buses to the old quarter following detailed maps and instruction from Thuy. An added bonus for my 2 girls were their 3 daughters and it was nice to see them playing together. I would not hesitate to recommend Chezlinhlinh to anybody looking to experience real Hanoi life.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kay F
Beijing, China
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I had a lovely stay at ChezLinhLinh House home-stay. The night I arrived I was invited to join delicious Vietnamese dinner with the home-stay owners and a family from Tasmania. This was a really interesting and delicious cultural experience. My room was huge with en-suite bathroom and a living room. The only trouble for me was that it was a bit complicated to find.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo