“Highly recommended”
Review of Handspan Travel

Handspan Travel
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1997 Handspan Travel Indochina has been owned and staffed by people for whom travel is not simply an interesting job, but an all-consuming passion of exploring and understanding the world and the diverse cultures that inhabit our planet.We believe that tourism is fundamentally about connecting people and that the differences that separate us can be bridged with the span of an extended hand.Since our founding, we have grown into a family of more than 70 members, and have earned our solid reputation by delivering quality hospitality service, by maintaining small group sizes, and by exploring new destinations off the standard tourist path - all while remaining true to the principles of responsible tourism.We offer a variety of small group tours throughout Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia, have multiple office locations throughout the region, and offer a range of travel services including private tours as well as bookings for hotels, airlines, and rail tickets.We can also design customized tour packages according to your needs and interests. We will arrange private, custom tours for your group of any size, and can focus your tour on nature-based activities, village homestays, educational themes, or volunteer opportunities. Handspan also offers you the chance to experience Vietnam in ways that ensure that your impacts on local environmental, social, and economic contexts are positive ones. Our expert knowledge about the places we visit and the local challenges they face, enables us to design and operate tours that promote a balance between the need for economic development and ecological preservation. We do this through working closely with local communities, partnerships with NGOs and development organizations, and ensuring our guides are highly trained in ecotourism principles
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We did the halong bay tour with an extra night in cat ba island. We can honestly say that from the word go we enjoyed every minute. We were very lucky to have the boat and guide virtually to ourselves.
We kayaked, explored, climbed and ate like kings. Guide was lovely and very informative. If you like seafood..this trip is ideal..seafood very fresh and some of the best seafood we have tasted in Asia
Highly recommended to anyone who wants to see the "un touristy" side to halong bay!

2  Thank Mustley

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a fab holiday arranged by Handspan, 2 adults and 3 kids (21,14,10). Started in Hanoi , then Halong Bay and Sapa. The junk was great fun with the kids jumping off the boat for a swim and kayaking. Staff and guides were very kind and alert to the needs of us and the children. I liked the fact that the touristic visits were excluded except for a stopover on the road.( which we actually liked). Thank you Handspan and you will be seeing us again. Definitely recommend using them as a travel/tour agent!

2  Thank MonishaH
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have just returned from Vietnam and one or our trips was an overnight on a Junk boat in Ha Long Bay. It was a exceptional experience..the boat was lovely, well appointed, with courteous , helpful staff, delicious food all presented beautifully, several side trips in a kayak and to the floating village. I was sorry to see the day end as everything was above my expectations. Thanks for a job well done!!

2  Thank Linda E
Reviewed 9 May 2014

When I contacted Handspan for the 2 day/1 night cruise of Halong Bay, I was given a quote but because I was travelling solo, the quote included a $60 dollar fee to which I felt like I was being penalised. I did end up going with them in the end cause of word-of-mouth recommendations from other travellers that I had met on my journey through Vietnam.

I am glad I did go with them cause the moment I boarded the ship, I was treated like royalty. Service was impeccable and the tour guide Manh spoke good English. Kayaking at the Bay was the highlight. Because the group was small, I got to meet an international group of people all of whom were good sorts. The room was smallish but comfortable with everything provided for. Food was delicious, with 6/7 course meals all to fuel ourselves for kayaking!

All in all, I had a great time and would recommend this tour company. But if you are a solo traveller, just be prepared to pay extra.

1  Thank BeatoTaun
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Mai Chau is an ethnic Thai village about 2 hrs northwest from Hanoi, into the mountains. It is beautiful, and peaceful. We happened to be in the village on the day of a wedding-they work day and night for several days, preparing to feed the entire village! We stayed in a beautiful cottage-very comfortable, and with authentic traditional Thai dancing in the main building. If you try the local rice wine in it's pure form, prepare to be knocked for a loop! One of the highlights was a visit to a local, privately run Thai ethnic museum. The pic shows the fellow whose entire purpose in life has been to collect and preserve these precious artifacts of the culture. We can all be thankful for that, because he receives no funding from the central government. The food in Mai Chau was fantastic, and a walk through the rice fields in the evening very peaceful. Our Handspan guide Huy was very knowledgeable, and an all around great person to be led around by! BTW, don't leave with purchasing some fantastic locally woven silk scarves!