“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 563 Hanoi B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Excellent value for money. This is a comfortable, friendly and welcoming hotel. The staff bend over backwards to help you. Plenty of excellent suggestions for trips/ restaurants. The rooms are cleaned daily. Great shower. Room includes, fridge, tv, computer and air con/ heating. I literally can't think of one negative thing to say. A definite recommendation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LondonTraveller5050

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Viet is an outstanding hotel manager that definitely knows how to exceed expectations.
His advice are really good, be it local food or travel.
Being a business person I could tell that finnegans is constantly eager to improve its service and I am sure you won't recognize it in a few years as it gets better and better.
Given the money you pay 20-30 dollars a night, there is nothing to complain.
I am sure that for somebody on a tight budget you might squeeze out a few bucks by going through travel agents and bargaining hardly. However, finnegans offers fair prices for excellent service.
As finnegans will offer more travel services in the future, I think it's the place to go in northern Vietnam.

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank Alex D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Hanh and Viet are very good hosts.
And if you will go to Ha Noi , you just need to do one thing: book this hotel and you will have a wonderful trip in Ha Noi.

*The room is clean and comfortable.
*Location is very convenience.

Just one more tips:
When you check in the hotel, there is a black leather brochure in your room, read the last two pages carefully. The regulation is very important to them:)

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank AmandaF07
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

What is very excellent and nice about this hotel is not only the comfy that you can get in each room but the security and the feeling where in you are with your family, even to say the least you are far away from them. The staff are just absolutely wonderful persons. It makes your stay in Hanoi very much unforgettable. If it happens I can visit again, definitely I would stay with all of you again guys. Keep it up and have a wonderful and successful years ahead.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank rickayuban
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

We just came back home from our trip to Vietnam and I am not that kind of person who writes recommendations but this hotel definately deserves one!! The owners of this hotel are just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, they make you feel so comfortable from the beginning on that you don´t even want to leave anymore. They spent so much time explaining us everything from which waters to buy/not to buy , which taxi companies to go with etc. It was the first hotel we stayed at in Vietnam and during the three weeks trip down to Ho Chi Minh definately the best one due to the friendly staff, clean room & perfect location! Hope we can come back one day!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Barbara W
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I took a very last minute holiday to Vietnam, (solo & female) I chose finnegans because of their reviews, I had decided I wanted to stay here before I arrived in Hanoi, from HCM, I'd checked availability (on booking.com NB: booking.com take around 15% from the hotels, so do look at their reviews & availability but book direct with the hotels, especially when it's the smaller family hotels!) and planned to go there straight from my flight, however I met a Vietnamese woman on the flight who was going into the old Quarter and offered me a taxi ride together & suggested I stay at her hotel which was 'only' $45 as a lone travel I took up this option as the taxi was paid for & made up the difference of the more expensive hotel & I had company for dinner with a native speaker! Whilst a boutique hotel the room was without a window as at $45 it was their cheapest, and after breakfast, I checked out at arrived unannounced to Finnegans at 8.30am!
I knew as soon as I arrived I'd made the right choice, I wasn't expecting a room immediately, was quite happy to store luggage and come back later, however coffee and fruit arrived along with a welcome as if I were a long lost friend. Just lovely. I had their biggest room, with balcony (double & single bed) lovely clean shower and all for the price of $30! There were cheaper rooms but I was happy with this room and price.(the room was bigger and of a very similar standard to the previous night where I paid $45) Rooms with proper windows or balconies are going to be noisy, it's not possible really to find a quiet street in a hanoi where this isn't the case! However earplugs deal with this.
They gave me a map, and a great orientation for food etc (not the tourist places that seem to score high on TA) but good local food with local people.
They recommended a tailor, told me prices for the scooter taxis (you HAVE to go on a scooter taxi, best fun ever, I filmed my ride)
They organised my Halong Bay trip (I chose the company Indochina Junk, but they booked for me)
All the staff were lovely, breakfast was good (yummy pancakes)
There really isn't anything I'd have different, and as someone who owns a Guest house in Oxford - I have high expectations - I hope to be back there with my children later in the year.
Big thanks guys x

Room Tip: Rooms with windows are likely to be noisy, so take ear plugs or choose windowless.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank LolaOxford
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

This was a nice find in a great location. The room was clean and nice. The bathroom was nice and had good water pressure although the hot water tended to run out quickly. The included breakfast was made to order and above average when compared to other included breakfasts we've encountered in Vietnam. The staff were particularly friendly and helpful. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: We got a good price for the family room on a slower day and it was spacious and nice.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple