“The best place to stay in Hanoi”

Hanoi Finnegans Hotel
Ranked #39 of 601 Hanoi B&B and Inns
San Francisco
“The best place to stay in Hanoi”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had a room at the front - plenty of room, flat screen TV with HBO etc, fridge, desktop computer, very efficient air conditioning, balcony, comfy beds with cotton sheets, well thought out lighting and thick curtains. There is a marble tiled bathroom with large shower room and double headed power shower (fantastic). Wonderful service from Viet and family recommending restaurants and arranging your day with what to see. They know all the best tours so dont book anything until you get here! This is 5 star service and the best value hotel ever. I have stayed in 5 star hotels that were not as comfortable or as good.

Room Tip: Front rooms have balconies
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chefwandy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The Owner / staff at Finnigans are fantastic. They treat you like family and help you with every aspect of your trip (Itinerary, restaurants, local customs and organize trips). Even when I was sick they helped us change flights, book a room so we didn't have to move and even made Vietnamese tea to help!!!

Room Tip: If you like the hustle of the Old Town with lots of restaurants and shops near by this is the place...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Darryl F
Zonhoven, Belgium
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We visited Hanoi for 7 days, booked Sapa, Halong Bay and Ninh Binh by Finnegans touroperating service (thank you soo mutch Viet & Hanh) and had the best family vacation ever! The only thing we had to do was breathing, eating and enjoying, all the rest was arranged by Finnegans! We sure are looking out to discover the rest of North-Vietnam, but most of all we are looking out to revisit Finnegans! Without any doubt: recommended!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Motmans F
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We spent 5 days recently in Hanoi and stayed in Finnegans. The hotel is located in the old quarter and is near restaurants, stores and tourist spots. The staff and owner is very friendly, warm and helpful. Although the rooms and common areas are basic, it still offers value for money given the price. Definitely recommended!

Room Tip: Choose rooms 3F and above to avoid noise from the streets.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank pao_ong
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were only booked for our last night in Hanoi, but we stopped by four days before to see if we could get info about Halong Bay. Viet (operator) was the best person we could have talked to. We arrived in his lobby at 8am, and were on a shuttle to Halong by 8:55am. He was very honest and fair with pricing. Viet even called the tour guide we were with on the boat to see if everything was okay. When we got back we stayed an extra night in Hanoi. Viet's hotel was full that night, but he got us a very nice room one block away for half the listed price. Every time we had a question, Viet had a great answer or recommendation. Could not have been a better way to end our trip in Vietnam.

Thank you so much!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CJ B
Braunschweig, Germany
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This family owned hotel is true gem in Hanoi! Viet, Hanh and Huy made my stay unforgettable with top recommendations for food as well as day-tours as well as places to visit in Hanoi.
Instead of 2 I stayed 4 nights here and I would even stay longer if I did not have to catch up with a friend in Bangkok.

My visit in Vietnam will always be strongly connected with the time I spend here in this warm-hearted environment.

Thank you very much!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Fabi1887
London, England
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I chose this hotel from many on a major on-line booking site and almost immediately received a personal email from Hahn. This was the beginning of a long and useful correspondence which resulted in me booking both a Halong Bay cruise and onward train tickets to Sapa through the hotel. A few days before arrival I was contacted again and asked for the details of the train I was arriving on in Hanoi and was subsequently met on the platform as I stepped down from the train.

Finnegans Hotel is very conveniently situated in the Old Quarter of Hanoi and rates were unbelievably reasonable for a very pleasant room and inclusive breakfast. Being situated slightly off the main streets meant that it suffered far less traffic and street noise than many similar establishments - a definite bonus. The excellent welcome and friendly reception was continued throughout my visit with guidance on best restaurants and where to go in Hanoi by day and night.

On departure day I was once again accompanied to the station and put onto the correct train for my onward journey. All part of the extraordinary level of customer care by Hanh and Viet and the other family members.

It is the people, not the facilities, that make Finnegans Hotel a stand-out destination in Hanoi and I shall enjoy returning there on future visits. I recommend others to do likewise.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo