Aquarius Hanoi Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
All reviewsold quarterhalong baystaff was extremely helpfulhoan kiem lakefamily rooma lot of noisecheap hoteleasy accesstop floorside streetfresh fruitrecommend staying herethe hotel staffan upgradevery nice hotelphocathedral
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2013

As a budget hotel the fascilities and location couldn't be beaten. I was made so very welcome by the entire staff - I felt as though I was coming home everytime I arrived back. They arranged a pick up from the airport for me which was efficient and very reasonably priced. I arranged a trip through them which was really good and I got exactly what was advertised. I stupidly forgot some small items in the room and they posted them on to my next hotel. I cannot recommend this hotel (now called The Aquarius) highly enough and I will certainly stay there again when in Hanoi. Thanks to all the staff - you made my visit so very special.

Room Tip: One side of the hotle doesn't have a lift - I appreciated the exercise but if you don't want to climb stairs ask for a room on the "lift side"
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Algi_5402
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Excellent location in old town with some very trendy shops/eateries in the vacinity also. The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds are big. It's as quiet as you can hope for considering its location.
The staff are really friendly and earnest. They go above and beyond to help. Nothing is ever a problem and they are always smiling.
We booked a halong bay tour, water puppet tickets, sleeper train tickets and flights through them. I'm sure they do operate on a commission basis but they're no way near as 'in your face' about it as other hotels and get the hint if you're not interested. All of the things we booked were on time/ran smoothly. It saved us loads if time and shopping around.
They didn't charge us for an early check in and let us use a room before our train journey for a few hours too. They didn't charge us for that either. The staff were efficient and thoughtful and were even gracious when they had to break into a door that my daughter had accidentally locked from the inside!
For those travelling with kids, the beds are fine for an adult and a child (ours is 4). We had doubles but even the singles are big singles and that seems to be standard everywhere.
The only negative was:in our room (may only have been ours), the hot water ran out very quickly. I've found this to be the case in every hotel I've stayed in in vietnam since.

That minor point aside, I'd stay there again in a flash.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Lolapopsacola
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I am a California native who came to Hanoi to marry a Vietnamese woman. So, she knows the good hotels and she did a lot of research of hotels in old quarter for us. We were not looking for the expensive hotels, we wanted a comfortable hotel with all the important amenities.
She found the right one!!!

In short, this hotel is excellent for the budget traveler to Hanoi 'old quarter' who wants to be comfortable at a high standard. The location is very good and is a few steps from the well known St. Joseph Cathedral. I am very particular about where i stay and my review of this establishment is sincere.

We, my wife and 3 years old daughter, stayed here for two weeks and had a superb hotel experience. Actually above and beyond our expectations. The room rate we got was VERY good. The rooms are very comfortable with excellent lighting, air conditioning, internet, and nice and quiet. Good sized bathroom with shower over tub and plenty of hot water. The beds are very comfortable with just the right sized pillows.

The breakfast included with the room was plentiful with both Vietnamese and English cuisine. They also had nice French style crapes. We also had to microwave food for our daughter 2 times each day and the staff was always there to attend to this for us.

But probably the most impressive aspect of this fine hotel was the extraordinary service by the incredibly friendly and helpful staff. The assistant manager, Mr. Cuong (Doan anh Cuong), who is there 7 days a week, made a point to meet each guest and learn about their particular needs and his English is fluent. He greeted us each morning for our breakfast and was happy to engage in pleasant conversation. He also provided booking services with detailed information.

The housekeeping staff was excellent, friendly, and always accomodated our schedule.

When I return to Hanoi, I am already planning a return visit to this comfortable and warm hearted hotel. I hope this review will help save you time to find a hotel at an excellent rate that will most assuradly exceed your expectations as per my experience here.

Mike Roulette

Room Tip: Just explain how many people and beds needed, they do the rest. And will show you the best room to your liking.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 22 December 2012 via mobile

Fantastic staff, fantastic location! The fruit brought to the rooms was a nice touch. For the price, this is a great place. The airport bus drops you within 5 minute walk from here, so you can skip the taxi from the airport.

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank Janet S
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Great stay at the Indochina Gold Hotel, which has now been renamed Aquarius Hotel.

The hotel is in a fantastic location for exploring Hanoi. Being so close to the cathedral you are a 5 min walk to the lake, 10 mins to the old quarter where the market is and 20 mins to the army museum. It's a perfect base.

Upon arrival we were greeted by Hang who spoke excellent English and was extremely willing to recommend restaurants and sights to see throughout our stay. I have to say that the service we received was second to none. We were treated so well by all of the staff we met, but in particular Hang and a man whose name i cannot remember, but he was equally as friendly and helpful. They all are! On this basis alone i would recommend staying here. Tea/coffee and some Fruit was offered to us on arrival as it was early evening.

Our room was immaculate, the bed was comfy and large, the tv had lots of choice in many languages and the bathroom had a good, hot shower with a bath tub. There was a minibar in the room that we didn't use as water was provided each day for free. Breakfast is great, there are traditional meals as well as bacon, sausage and eggs for westerners a, also fruit, pancakes and good coffee and tea.

Reception will give you a map of the city which is extremely useful and will happily point out local interests and eateries if you ask. We ate in 2 of the recommended restaurants and enjoyed both.

Stay here you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple