“Small budget hotel, friendly staff, within Old Quarters”
Review of Lluvia Hotel Hanoi

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Lluvia Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #500 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 23 April 2013

This is a small budget hotel within the Old Quarters. It is about 45 mins from the Airport. There isn't any facilities in the hotel to shout for, but the neatness and cleanliness make up for it. It is also about 2 streets away from Hoan Kiem Lake, and other restaurants in the area.

The receptionists and concierge staff is well verse in English. They are very friendly and is able to advice places to visit or good massage spa to go to.

The hotel room (I stayed in Suite) is also just adequately sized. The suite isn't the same suite u will expect from a normal 5-star hotel. It is about the same size of a standard room in 5-star hotel. There's 2 Queen Size bed, too much furnitures (which make the room a bit cramp) and the layout is abit awkward as they try to squeeze too much into the room. There isn't much view for a "City View" room since all the buildings are about the same height. Just views overseeing the streets. Can be noisy since Vietnamese are famous for honking their vehicles. The windows are also not tinted, it is not wise to keep your curtains open as the neighbours are too near for some privacy.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 April 2013

The staff work to ensure guests have a good experience.

Rooms were spacious and well furnished. Though WiFi was patchy in room 302.

Breakfast had a good spread with both Western and Vietnamese food options.

Decent location; walk-able distance to the lake and old district.

Room Tip: 302 had no wifi connection; 202 has wifi connection
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Justin B
Reviewed 16 February 2013

This hotel is very good, they trate you like if you were at home, you can enjoy about beatifull travels to Sapa, Halong Bay and more. The people you can find in the hotel are very nice.

Un hotel collonut, sens cap mena de dubte. Et tracten com si estiguéssis a casa, es pot disfrutar de diferents viatges a Sapa, bahía de Halong... El personal que t'aten és molt simpàtic.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We just finished our 4d3n trip at Hanoi and we stayed at Thaison Hotel during our entire trip. Thumbs up to the hotel staff as all of them are polite and helpful. All the ladies including the receptionist, tour desk staff, assistant chef, room cleaner; are very sweet and cheerful. Special thanks to Ms Minh, for also being very thoughtful and informative. The room is very comfortable and within walking distant to the night market at Hanoi Old quarter. I will definitely stay at this hotel again IF i come back to Hanoi again and will recommend my friends to stay at this hotel if they come to Hanoi. I said IF because the traffic in Hanoi is aweful and the road condition is terrible. So i am not sure whether i will go back Hanoi again.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Kathy79
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights when I was in Hanoi last week. Overall, I think this is a nice hotel with lots of potential, but there were several things which displeased me.

The staff in the hotel were generally friendly, helpful and polite. They were willing to help most of the time. On one occasion, they wanted to prepare breakfast for me, knowing that I came down late and had not eaten. On another occasion, they invited my friend and I to join them for dinner.

The location of the hotel is right in the old quarter, and is a short walking distance to Hoan Kiem lake, the central part of the city.

However, the entire hotel, insluding the lobby and the rooms, do not have heaters. It was right in the middle of the cold season when I stayed there, and the temperature in the room itself was constantly between 14°C - 15°C. I must say that that wasn't a particularly fun experience. Additionally, the air conditioning/heating unit in our room wasn't working. Moreover, the bedsheets were not very clean, and the blankets/quilts which were stored in the cupboard were unwashed and unclean. Still, we had to make do with it as we were so cold. To make things worse, the safe malfunctioned and we were unable to use it. A simple breakfast buffet spread was provided free each day, and I do appreciate their effort and the extra free service, but I honestly had to drag my feet to eat the food. My friend, on the other hand, loved the food so much. One man's meat is another man's poison, but I was very happy to take a walk and have my breakfast elsewhere.

I do not know about the state of the other rooms. It could have been possible that we were unfortunate to get a dysfunctional room, but I have stayed in better 1 and 2 star hotels and even backpacker hostels.

The only saving grace in this place was the nice staff. I do not think I will return to this hotel again, as there are numerous hotels in Hanoi, and many of them are better than this one. I really cannot recommend this hotel to anyone based on my experience, but perhaps you will have better luck than I did.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank time_5d
Reviewed 13 December 2012

The staff orginized a great trip to Hanlong Bay and I was really happy with the location and quality of the hotel room.

Breakfast was very good and good personal service.

Will definitely stay there again on my next visit.

You are in walking distance from the lake and even bar area near by.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I stayed here with my mrs on two nights on different occasions in between hoi an and ha long bay. we were greeted with super friendly staff and also given an upgraded room at no extra charge. the room was huge with two queens (or possibly kings??) had a decent shower and bathroom, great tv and aircon. it also had an in room computer which was handy. the staff recommended a couple of great restaurants which had great food, along with organising our ha long bay tour. a friend who recently travelled ha long recommended a certain tour in which was fully booked due to our tight time constraints. we were recommended one of "their" tours, in which i was a little wary but it didn't disappoint one bit highly recommend!

P.S the free breaky was awesome and a huge plus! and they even let us leave our back packs there while on our 3 day 2 night halong tour which was a bonus too!

My mrs and myself stayed here on recommendation from our previous hotel...it didn't disappoint! the room was huge( 2 big queens/kings??) and well appointed. had a computer in the room, good aircon and great tv. the staff were super friendly and recommended a couple of great restaurants as well as organising our trip to ha long bay.

Room Tip: ummm....the two i stayed in were both fine....so i guess it doesnt matter??!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple