“Great clean and friendly hotel in the middle of everything”

Hanoi Century Hotel
Ranked #400 of 588 Hotels in Hanoi
“Great clean and friendly hotel in the middle of everything”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were clean and basic. We were in room 501, great views of old town and close to everything. Upgraded for free and staff have very good English. Very helpful. Room has clean sheets and computer and fridge. Free wifi. Has a bath and hot water. Very cheap at $23 a night. Little noisy at the front rooms due to horny traffic but this is everywhere in Hanoi. Back rooms would be much quieter but we were happy with the upgrade and balcony, and nothing a set of earplugs didn't fix. Overall, would highly rate our stay here.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Andyjen11

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Taiwan
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I booked the hotel for five nights, but actually stayed four nights. The room they provide me was spacious, comfy, clean and quiet. The hotel is within the old town in Hanoi, you can eaily explore many scenes by walking distance. Breakfast is basic, various fruits to choose from, I love it. On the last day of my stay, the staff told me a group of British travellers wanted to stay together, but the hotel didnt't have enough room for them, so the staff asked me if I could change hotel with "THE SAME STANDARD and THE SAME QUALITY." It doesn't matter to me so I agreed with his offer. However, it was the beginning of my nightmare. The room that I changed to was "LOUD, and DIRTY;" you can even heard karaoke on the street at 10 p.m. The facilities in the room were far "LESS" than the original one. What annoyed me most was that "NO ELEVATOR" in the hotel, which means I have to climb five floor to get to my room. Located in the dark valley, I was also worried about my safety. To be honest, I felt regreful to change hotels. I was completely cheated by the staff-- "the same quaity and the same standard??" I doubt it!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank ShiangruHwang

Travellers are raving about these Hanoi hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Upon arrival I noticed the actual hotel doesn't look anything like the pictures presented on the internet. The pictures must be 10-15 years old!

The real hotel looks old and dirty, the carpet was tattered literally have holes through wear and tear. My room smelled really bad from the bathroom, the bathroom tiles were mouldy and dirty. The bedsheets had stains and marks on it as well as holes in it. The staff would rip you off at every chance they get, so be careful when asking them for advice or when they offer to buy you a mobile sim card, they'll charge you double! I booked for 2 nights but ended up staying only 1 night and moved out of town just to get out of Hanoi.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Sail0rMate
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Traveling with a bicycle it was a bit difficult to find a place in the old quarter that had space for our bikes as well. After a bit of hesitation, they suggested to put our bikes on a balcony. Rooms where really comfortable. My room was in the back and was very quiet. Breakfast was included and was okay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank steven852
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I stayed here in December, it's a great hotel, I stayed in the $30 room which was excellent with own computer etc but also looked at a cheaper room which looked great too. The staff are very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank JulesFrazer
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 11 December 2011

This is fairly typical of the price range I think, we paid $20 with a basic breakfast included.
Good points:
our room was quiet, probably because it had no windows, which sounds bad but actually was a good thing, with a comfy bed and nice sheets we slept very well.
wifi was good quality, watched youtube with no hanging
tv was decent
hot water and towel etc
everytime we went out they cleaned it
breakfast buffet,all you can eat, basic but good enough
there is a lift if you need it
location close to centre of old quarter
Bad Points:
they lost some laundry, but that was probably the laundry people, and it was a sheet so easily mixed up with hotel linen, they did give me a replacement
my wife left some jewelery in the bathroom that got "cleaned up"

Overall fine, not spectacular but good enough

Room Tip: Ask to see it and listen for the mopeds
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank schaffer1971
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Recommended this hotel by another hotel and price excellent ($18.00 per night). Stairs and bathrooms worn down but clean overall. They were nice to work with although night clerks English minimal. Good location - walking distance to main tour areas as well as shopping. Rooms big and computers for use in lobby but not in room. It was nice for my son to have a tub. Not sure I would recommend but OK to use in a pinch.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family