“Perfect Parkson”

Parkson Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #143 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great location for this hotel and for the price it is really fantastic. The main thing we were most impressed with was the hotel manager, Linda. So friendly, perfect English and sorted a few issues out for us. Once we had left Hanoi and were in Cat Ba she took the time to sort out additional onward transfers for us and was always there to reply to my long list of emails.

Next on our list is Sapa but we will be staying in the Parkson when we return for one night.

Room Tip: Talk to Linda!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Paul H

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I travel to Hanoi very often because of my work and Parkson is always my first choice. I have stayed in a few hotels before but to be honest Parkson is just the best of the best at that range of hotels. It's such a pleasant every time I stay here. the rooms are great and clean, staff are very friendly and useful always willing to help me with anything I ask for. The location is perfect, walking distance to Hoan Kiem lake, bars, clubs, night markets .... a few mins by taxi to other sight seeings.
I highly recommend this hotel if you visit Hanoi and want a comfortable place with a reasonable price.

Room Tip: book on hotels.com
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank long_dep_zai
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We booked this hotel via hotel website after reading some positive reviews on Tripadvisor and we did not feel regret for our choice. Check in was fast and very professional. Our room was on 6th floor facing to the street and Red River as well. We are not sure if it was the suite room or not ( we booked thee deluxe city views). The room was spacious with separate living room and guest room. TV, safe box, strong shower and computer were available and very comfortable bed. The bed was so large ever seen before. Buffet breakfast was served on ground floor so very cramp and tired. However, the food was fresh, hot and delicious with mini buffet which much better than expectation from a budget hotel. All in all with the price we paid Parkson Hotel is really a highlight in all the hotels we stayed in Vietnam. We feel confident to highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Choose room on high floor for nicer views and should contact Ms. Lisa if you need to book tours to H...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jessica W
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I often travel to Hanoi. Have tried several hotels in the city center, but favor only this one. This is indeed my favorite hotel and the most preferred. I have stayed in it 5+ times this year and have always enjoyed it. It offers a great combination of quality of service, clean and hygienic rooms and facilities, quiet rest at night, professional and friendly staff and great location. And I always enjoy a great selection of dishes at breakfast with buffet service. I like this hotel very much and will book it again in October when I am back to Hanoi :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I would not recommend staying here. If you do please be careful you are getting what you pay for.

We were forced to switch to this hotel as we had paid in full for the Legends Aquarius hotel, and upon our arrival were told they had over booked and we would be switched to the Parkson Hotel. This hotel was not as nice as our original hotel and there was a significant price difference. We were told we would receive equal quality rooms to what we paid for on expedia, which we did not. The rooms we were placed in did match the descriptions on expedia and when we told the desk clerk he swore up and down they were deluxe rooms when they were really superior. Nothing superior about them except the working AC.
As for the room itself the floor was quite dirty with the toilet and shower obviously not being cleaned. It is also not on a quiet street at all and be prepared for the megaphone announcements at 7am outside the window. My friends "deluxe room" didn't even have a window, which was clearly in the description of what we were paying for on expedia.
We then went to the front desk to order tickets to Cat Ba and were told we were getting transport only, which was what we wanted and were expecting. Here we are now stuck on a tour bus outside of Halong... Told by the Parkson that we would get to Cat Ba at 1100, now being told by this driver 5pm, after we will have to wait while the tour completes it's itinerary, which we could join for a fee... of course. Food not included and the only places they are stopping are crammed tourist traps selling $7 chips...
I did not appreciate this shady business.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Armmymann
Reviewed 1 August 2014

What a wonderful experience!

Amazing staff make the stay even better. Stayed here several times during my latest trip to Vietnam. The staff always made the extra mile to make my stay perfect. Arranged several tours for me individually to my specific requirements at a great price (actually considerably cheaper than what I tried to arrange myself). I ate and drank with the staff several nights out of choice they even through me a leaving party upon my departure and still speak to most of them daily.

Anyway to the point the hotel is located ideally in the old quarter near within walking distance of all the major sights. Also very easy to find as it is just off the main bypass so when the streets of the old quarter become a maze you an easily find your hotel whether you be blind drunk or blinded by a monsoon.

The hotel is immaculately clean with bedsheets hanged and ironed daily. Fresh complimentary toiletries every morning or afternoon should you choose a lazy day. Great free breakfast buffet and if you fancy something off menu you only need to ask (They always made sure I had a breakfast beer).

There are varying quality as regards size of room my favorite was 605 with the giant bed and being high enough not to be disturbed by the motorcycle frenzy. But also stayed in four different rooms and even the windowless rooms were more than amicable.

Big kudos to Lisa and the gang for running such an A* operation day in day out. Do yourself a favour and book here!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Adam_James_Love
Parkson H, Manager at Parkson Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Adam,

As a manager, representative of Parkson Hotel Hanoi , I am so pleased to be a responder to your wonderful comment on our property.
It is so great to know that our hotel service are met all your expectation especially your compliment on our hotel staff.
Please rest assured that your beautiful words have been shared to whole Parkson Hotel team and make them so happy as their effort was recognized.
I also Happy to know that you are happy with our tour arrangement .
We do hope to have chance to met you again at Parkson Hotel Hanoi in near future

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Like to stay again in our next trip and will recommend to my friends. Reasons are...
1. Good rooms
2. Friendly English speaking staffs
3. Walkable distance to night market
4. Few minutes drive to various sightseeing locations

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank divya a
Parkson H, Manager at Parkson Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Our Value Guest,

Thank you so much for your choosing our Parkson Hotel Hanoi for your Holiday in Hanoi, Vietnam.
We truly appreciate your positive contribution to our Hotel on the site of Tripadvisor. These things are really helpful and meaningful with our Parkson Hotel Hanoi's staff.

It is considered as an encouragement for us to strive our best to improve our service perfectly and bring our coming guests the better services.

Once again, thank you so much for your kindness and we hope that Parkson Hotel Hanoi is your accommodation again for the next visit in Hanoi.

Your sincerely,