“Nice small hotel in great location.”

Little Hanoi Hostel 2
Ranked #18 of 473 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Due to misunderstanding in our email exchange driver took us to Hanoi 1 not 2 where we wanted to stay. Kim the manager was littlebit surprised but reacted very fast and prepared room for us , transfered our reservation between both hotels. We are glad they did it for us, because location of Hanoi 2 was better for us.

Transfer from airport did not go too smoothly, driver did not show up on time and I had to call number from email. Gentlemen on the other side was very surprised and asked me if we can wait about 15-20 minutes. In about 15 minutes the driver found us at the airport and took us to hotel. When we mentioned to hotel manager our disappointment with transfer she immediately offer 66% discount ($5 instead of $15) for tranfer.

She also arranged for us trip to Halong Bay. Very diplomatically she did not push us to buy one she recommended, but explained a lot of options. Finally we bough one she recommended  anyway, very smart lady.

Overall nice small hotel  with friendly and knowledgeable staff, free coffee, tea and fruits all day..

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I can't say enough nice things about staying here! It's in a great location, off a quiet alley on the lake in the Old Quarter so you can walk everywhere. I stayed here one night and the room was super comfortable, clean, and luxurious for a "hostel". I arrived very early in the morning to the other location and they told me that there was a room immediately available at the #2. They arranged a taxi for me and ushered me over, feeding me breakfast before I even checked in. I booked the Halong Bay party cruise through them, and it was a great decision. . Upon returning from the boat in the evening, I told the staff I wanted to go to Sapa that night since I was leaving the country soon. They immediately were on the phone and booked me onto the train and tour in no time and I was off again. After Sapa, I had arrived back at the hostel around 5 am from a night train, they let me sleep in the lobby for a couple hours and even let me into an open room to shower and sleep more, before serving me again free breakfast! This was some serious hospitality, and I will never forget it. Stay here and you'll be taken care of and feel at home!

Room Tip: sharing a double room is actually cheaper than the popular backpackers hostels where you share with...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2013

hostel is located near the Hoan Kiem Lake, very central, but in a side alley, so quiet location. Staff is extremly helpful, even reorganised our trip and stay due to sickness and it was no problem at all! Room has a good size and good amenities and very clean. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: They have 6 floors, no elevator. but view from the top floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Little Hanoi Hostel 2 is extremely central and located near plenty of ATMs, shops, and restaurants. They offer a free airport transfer (by car not motorbike) if you stay over 8 days. I was picked up at the airport with no problems, even after having to wait a while for my visa to process.

The staff were extremely friendly. They offered a map with all of the local attractions and were always around to ask advice. I was able to book my bus to Laos and 3-day Ha Long Bay tour through the front desk. Every trip went off without any problems! They will even hold your bag for you while you are on an excursion if you plan to return to the hotel.

Every morning, they offer a free breakfast. You choose from a menu for a hot breakfast (Vietnamese-style or American) and there is always free fruit, coffee, and tea available.

The rooms come with a bathroom, TV, aircon, and fridge. Free snacks are placed in rooms daily. Free internet access is available and computers are in the front lobby area for free use. Umbrellas are available for free use in the lobby.

Hotel takes credit card and USD.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you have big bags, ask for a floor on a lower floor!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

This was our first stop on a 5 month journey through Southeast Asia, and we couldn't be happier with the hostel. It is clean, comfortable, and the staff are wonderful! It's also easy walking distance to the Old Quarter, but much quieter than staying in the crazy center. We'll be back on our next stop through Hanoi!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank a_wanderer777
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights whilst going heading to all the big attraction in northern Vietnam. Booking tours was so easy with the help of Kim on the front desk. Kims English is fantastic and she always tries to book the type of tour you want to experience.

Rooms are good and atmosphere chilled out.

Located in the middle of the city next to the lake in the quiet side away from the old quarter you can't go wrong :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here two nights in the dorm, and was really sad to leave. This is the friendliest hostel I have yet stayed in, both in terms of staff and other travellers. Everyone talks and it's so relaxed, there's no yes-sir-no-sir going on and the staff are all so confident and good at what they do. I accidentally left my personal diary there and they offered to post it to my next location. I met some great people here, I would recommend it to everyone. Just find a mouse for that third computer downstairs!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo