“Friendly, helpful, location & good price!!”

Little Hanoi Hostel 2
Ranked #20 of 423 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My 13 year old son & I stayed here and I would recommend it to anyone, especially for the fabulously friendly and helpful staff. Best service in Vietnam, always with a smile. Great suggestions with local knowledge on where to eat or go. They can sort out bookings on the phone for you - no problem.
I booked a 2 day Halong Bay tour through them on the hilariously named Lemon Cruise - anything but! Charming & attentive guide, lovely crew, great boat.
Also I turned 50 while there and they must have noticed on my passport and surprised me with a birthday cake!!
And I still haven't mentioned that it has a groovey ugly lane entrance - don't be put off - lovely clean rooms inside. Perfect location right on the lake and at the old city - can walk easily to lots of interesting places. The lake side comes alive at night with Vietnamese families, diners, and fitness seekers: thai chi, joggers, weight lifters, etc
When we left We even got waved off in our taxi by the gorgeous staff!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Louise G

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We got moved here after our trip to Mai Chau when the original Little Hanoi Hostel (48 Hang Ga) was fully booked. I was a little skeptical because I loved the original so much but as soon as we we met the hosts at LHH2, I was happy. They are so super friendly, helpful and welcoming, I found it amazing that they were always smiling! It was always a pleasure to deal with them and when they helped us to book our train to Hue, they gave us some great advice and made numerous calls to check the various prices.

Breakfast is great (I had the noodle soup) and fruit, tea and coffee available all day long. The room is super spacious, including a large wardrobe and desk - more like a hotel than 'hostel'. We had a couple of issues with the wireless but when we told them about it, they set about fixing the problem. We were happy to return here after our 2D1N to Halong Bay (however I'd advise to not book the Fantasea tour- we had a horrible time with them, maybe our bad luck with the particular guide) and they'd saved our original rooms which was nice- like coming home. As we were leaving, I was super surprised that they sent us without any expense by taxi to the train station (tip-do not let ANYONE 'show' you to which cabin you're in- we thought a guy was being helpful/kind but he was just after money. The numbers are clearly labelled so you shouldn't need any help, or ask someone in uniform to point you in the direction). Completely unexpected and it left a great feeling about them as we continued on our travels.

Don't hesitate to stay here - now I'm torn with who'd I stay with the next time in Hanoi - Little Hanoi Hostel 1 or 2!!! Possibly the advantage with being at 2 is that it's pretty much right outside Hoan Kiem Lake.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank inpursuitofdelicious
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The staff is incredible! They helped us so much with everything, booked us really good course to Cat Ba island. (Other people got cheated by other companies and payed too much)
Breakfast was great, and we were offered free snacks, hot drinks and fruits!
The location just on the lake. Rooms really makes you feel spoiled! Clean and spacious!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

After travelling 2.5 months now in Asia, we really enjoyed the welcome and the kindness of this hotel. The team provided us interesting tips, helped us for booking train and always had a smile for us, even if it was really early in the morning. The room are big, clean, comfy with AC. The breakfast is also very good with unlimited coffee, the and some fresh fruits. This hotel is located close to the Hoan Kiem lake right in the center of Hanoi wich is really convenient. We can only recommend this hotel for your trip in Hanoi!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emilie F
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Brilliant hostel (though it's really more of a hotel), great breakfasts, fantastic location right near the lake and the staff are so helpful! They really went out of their way to make our trip a happy one. Highly recommend for anyone traveling to Hanoi.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I honestly don't know why this is called a "hostel." It's a hotel that has a lot of great little touches. Each day they left a few complimentary snacks in the room. They had free coffee and tea all day. They have free fruit on arrival. The breakfast was fantastic!

The room was excellent and the air conditioning worked great. Loved the location. My only slight complaint is that the wifi was a bit touch and go in the rooms. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't, but it always worked great in the reception.

Lastly, we had an early morning flight, and they offered to get up early to make us breakfast! Amazing service. Would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

First review I have written after a long time traveling. This hostel has the most genuine helpful staff I have met. Ann was amazing. They sorted out all the must do tours around Hanoi and helped us between tours, more than any hostel I have stayed at would ever do, even though we had checked out days before! If it is service you want with the comfort that you are not being overcharged for anything, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple