“Very Nice Amenities, But Not Much Hot Water”
Review of Ha Noi Apple Hotel

Ha Noi Apple Hotel
Ranked #411 of 598 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I was happy with the Apple. Staff is nice, breakfast (included) was good (terrible coffee though). Rooms include fridge, cable, blowdryer, and a computer you can play DVDs on. And the rooms are clean and big. My only problem was the hot water-- warm water at best. They really need a new hot water heater.

• Stayed: August 2014
There are newer reviews for Ha Noi Apple Hotel

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I came to this place only for one night on the grounds of how sweet and personable the reviews were. I will not take away from the fact that the staff is absolutely kind. They are nice boys that work in the night and the manager really cares. The hot water takes a long time to kick start. We had a situation where our power went out in the middle of the night, and was out also in the morning. Making it somewhat impossible to get ready in the morning. They provided an alternative room to get ready in and offered us a 50% refund which ironically was only a 25% refund, so I don't know why they said they were giving half our money back and only handed me $7 US. I didn't make a stink of this because they were so nice and we were catching a shuttle for our junk boat trip. There is nothing wrong with this hotel or place. We just had a blah experience.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sulty R
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We have stayed there for 3 nights with our friends. I have to admit that the location was great, in the heart of the old quarter, and the rooms were pretty OK.

I am surprised to read the reviews that the breakfast is awesome because it was nothing special. The plates, cups and bowls are kept in the small kitchen and you have to ask them to pass the plate/cup/bowl because you cannot reach them. This was really irritating when I had to ask for every plate separately and even though the waiter saw me coming with my bfriend he always gave me only one pair of these things and I had to ask for another one again.
Cornflakes are quite old, not crunchy at all.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Apple Hotel in Hanoi is an excellent hotel. The rooms are large, clean and air-conditioned, the service is amazing, and the location is right in the middle of the old quarter.

It was the first hotel we stayed in on our trip to Vietnam, so when we arrived in Hanoi, we were probably a bit overwhelmed. However, someone from Apple Hotel greeted us at our taxi, and walked us to the hotel, where they offered us cool drinks/tea/coffee, and made us feel very welcome and comfortable. During our stay, they were interested in our plans, asking us what we wanted to do and showing us where to eat, drink and shop. They were interested in selling us tours, but when we declined, they were not pushy or disappointed. They then helped us organise train travel to and from Sapa, without any worries.

We were so happy with Apple hotel that when we were passing back through Hanoi, we went to say hello, and ended up staying another night.

I cannot stress enough how friendly and welcoming the staff here are. Would absolutely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ella R
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I had a nice stay at hanoi apple hotel, overall its a great budget hotel, everything was great, the only negatives i had was our double bed was just two singles pushed together so there was a lump in the middle of the bed which was a little uncomfortable, the keycard for the doors is a bit fickle and hard to work and they make a horrible loud noise which can wake you up in the middle of the night due to thin walls, but the positives outway the negatives, these are small criticisms!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is the best hotel I stayed in Vietnam as I was a backpacker.

Hotel staffs are very welcoming, helpful and lovely.

Room is clean, spacious, but don't choose the rooms face the street, too noisy.

Hotel location is also good, not far from the busy streets.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mikayao
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I, my friend and my parents really satisfied by this hotel services and the helpful staffs. It was very informative and kind. It was convenient when the hotel arranged a Ha Long Bay trip for us with our special request. We were having one day trip at Ha Long Bay, and we stayed one night at Ha Long Town. The staffs gave us tips about object location around Hanoi Apple hotel, and the most important thing, how to get moslem food there, because it was quite difficult for us to find moslem restaurant. The ambience of the hotel really comfortable, and has its uniqueness. Overall, we love it.. ;)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family