Ha Noi Apple Hotel
US$45
US$40
US$62
  • Breakfast included
Essence Hanoi Hotel & Spa(Hanoi)
US$73
Hotels.com
US$373
US$281
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel has great staff but needs lots of work. We stayed in 2 different rooms as we used hanoi as a hub to get to/from sapa. The first room was cramped, no space if you would have had suitcases. The second room was much bigger but the "king bed"is 2 twins pushed together, which leaves an uncomfortable ridge in the middle of the bed. The walls in the lobby, dining area and hotel rooms need some paint there is plaster and scuff marks and peeling wallpaper. The breakfast is free but mediocre, and you have to keep asking the person to pass you glasses or mugs as they are kept behind the counter which is kind of odd. Our air conditioner broke early in the morning on our last day here. They seemed to be fixing it right away, but the lobby /restaurant a/c is broken also and was for our entire stay. Wifi is spotty at best. Redeeming qualities of this hotel is the strong ac (until it broke I suppose), good water pressure, hot water, and staff. Thuy (sp?) In particular helped us to go get sim cards translated between us and the vendor. They also let us check in as soon as the room was cleaned the day we got back from the train in sapa free of charge. I would also reccomend using their airport drop off/pick up service it is cheaper than a meter taxi. Location is about a 10 minute walk to the lake.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I was happy with the Apple. Staff is nice, breakfast (included) was good (terrible coffee though). Rooms include fridge, cable, blowdryer, and a computer you can play DVDs on. And the rooms are clean and big. My only problem was the hot water-- warm water at best. They really need a new hot water heater.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I came to this place only for one night on the grounds of how sweet and personable the reviews were. I will not take away from the fact that the staff is absolutely kind. They are nice boys that work in the night and the manager really cares. The hot water takes a long time to kick start. We had a situation where our power went out in the middle of the night, and was out also in the morning. Making it somewhat impossible to get ready in the morning. They provided an alternative room to get ready in and offered us a 50% refund which ironically was only a 25% refund, so I don't know why they said they were giving half our money back and only handed me $7 US. I didn't make a stink of this because they were so nice and we were catching a shuttle for our junk boat trip. There is nothing wrong with this hotel or place. We just had a blah experience.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sulty R
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We have stayed there for 3 nights with our friends. I have to admit that the location was great, in the heart of the old quarter, and the rooms were pretty OK.

I am surprised to read the reviews that the breakfast is awesome because it was nothing special. The plates, cups and bowls are kept in the small kitchen and you have to ask them to pass the plate/cup/bowl because you cannot reach them. This was really irritating when I had to ask for every plate separately and even though the waiter saw me coming with my bfriend he always gave me only one pair of these things and I had to ask for another one again.
Cornflakes are quite old, not crunchy at all.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Apple Hotel in Hanoi is an excellent hotel. The rooms are large, clean and air-conditioned, the service is amazing, and the location is right in the middle of the old quarter.

It was the first hotel we stayed in on our trip to Vietnam, so when we arrived in Hanoi, we were probably a bit overwhelmed. However, someone from Apple Hotel greeted us at our taxi, and walked us to the hotel, where they offered us cool drinks/tea/coffee, and made us feel very welcome and comfortable. During our stay, they were interested in our plans, asking us what we wanted to do and showing us where to eat, drink and shop. They were interested in selling us tours, but when we declined, they were not pushy or disappointed. They then helped us organise train travel to and from Sapa, without any worries.

We were so happy with Apple hotel that when we were passing back through Hanoi, we went to say hello, and ended up staying another night.

I cannot stress enough how friendly and welcoming the staff here are. Would absolutely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple