“A very nice hotel fairly close to centre of Hanoi”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of A25 Hotel

A25 Hotel
Ranked #236 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
midlands UK
“A very nice hotel fairly close to centre of Hanoi”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Stayed 3 nights here in February and found very little to criticise. It's quite close to the central area of old Hanoi (a km. or less along admittedly crowded streets [but that's Hanoi]) but in an area which goes quiet by late evening. Staff were very courteous and helpful both in reception and in the breakfast room/restaurant. Our room was large, nicely decorated and well fitted including carpeted floor and everything worked. The bathroom had a bath with shower over and was in good order with everything provided and working. There was quite a wide choice of Vietnamese and 'western' food at breakfast which should satisfy most people. Everything was very clean - they were even painstakingly cleaning the chandeliers in reception one day. It hasn't got a pool nor fitness facilities but provided that doesn't bother you, I'd recommend this hotel for a pleasant stay

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Czech first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

A lovely place to stay in beautiful Hanoi. Clean comfortable rooms. Only issue for me was the location. I prefer to stay closer in the old quarter. However certainly was a pleasant stay and I enjoyed breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

Our family of 14 stayed at this hotel during our tour of N.Vietnam and we enjoyed every moment of it. The front desk staff speaks good English and go that extra mile to help and aid our requests. They happily arranged taxis, gave us suggestions for food, shopping, spa services etc. Security and bellmen are excellent, excellent, excellent. Breakfast is a simple buffet spread with friendly staff that greet & serve you with a smile. Rooms are well maintained, decent quality for a 3-star hotel.

The location is excellent because shopping around the old quarters are within walking distances; despite having rooms facing the main road we were not affected by the traffic (rooms were very quiet). Free Wi-Fi on throughout the building.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank JVHeng
Hanoi
Reviewed 18 December 2012

The first time using hotel for group and very pleased with what they did for us. Hotel has good location, just few minutes to center of old quarter, nice rooms with large windows (differs from other hotels in old quarter - some rooms just like boxes), friendly staff and strong wifi reception. Highly recommend every one to deal with Ms Huong- sales manager :)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Chicago/Colorado
Reviewed 1 December 2012

In fairness, I should state at the outset that I wasn't supposed to be staying at the Demantoid, but was walked there from the neighboring Thien Thai hotel when my confirmed room was taken away due to overbooking issues. At first glance, room 1215 seemed fine, and I wasn't too upset. After a quick shower, however, I learned otherwise. It actually shares a wall with the elevator shaft, and the pulleys and brakes, along with door openings, create a huge racket. Worse, though, was that the other wall apparently is the primary route for the hot water systems for all the rooms and it literally shakes (!) groans and squeals anytime there is a hot water faucet turned on or off elsewhere in the building. I contacted the desk to attempt to change, but was told the hotel was full. I knew that even with earplugs there would be no sleep, so I went down to the front desk to ask them if they could recommend another hotel nearby, and made it clear that I was willing to pay for another hotel, and did not expect them to pay. The front desk woman was aloof and disinterested, and didn't make any attempt to assist. When she got off shift (probably the reason she couldn't be bothered) a new guy came on who said he would make some calls and call me in my room. I gave up, went back to my room and started checking hotels online for a move. Shortly thereafter, the bellman (who had been very helpful and polite while I waited downstairs) came up to say "Hurry, I can move you to another room if we can do it in 10 minutes." We did, and it was a great room at the end of a hall that was quiet and very nice. (Room 1011). I tipped him well, thanked him profusely, and had a good night's sleep. If I had been given room 1011 to begin with, I would be writing a totally different review. My guess is that all the rooms near the elevator are not good, as is the case with most any hotel, but that 1215 with the added plumbing issue is probably exceptionally bad. If you're contemplating staying here, insist that it not be in room 1215!

Room Tip: Away from the elevator!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 29 November 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed my short stay at this hotel. It is really good value for money, the location is great and offers high quality services. The rooms are not massive but are well equipped with excellent showers. Like seemingly all hotels in Vietnam it has free wi-fi, tea and coffee making facilities and provides a great breakfast. The staff are incredibly helpful, I arrived for breakfast early one morning and as the chef wasn't ready one of the waitresses cooked me an omelette, great service.
If you are staying in Hanoi this is an excellent choice.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We stayed at Demantoid I Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarters. A great stay I should say except that the air-conditioner was not functional up to expectation. We adjusted to 16 degree celcius but our Superior room was warm in the afternoon till late. After we checked-out for Halong Bay cruise and re-checked in upon return, they upgraded us to a more spacious Deluxe Twin Room. All in-room facilities were new and clean. This time the air-conditioner seemed more cooler. Generally, we found that shops and room air-conditioners temperature in Hanoi was not really cool. I was told by a German expat who stayed in Hanoi for 2 years that the best time to travel to Hanoi was autumn or winter, where weather was more comfortable to tropical travelers like us. The location of hotel was superb. It was near all eateries and shops in the Old Quarters. In fact, we only checked-in on the arrival day after watching the fantastic water puppet show (not to be missed!). However, the road traffic in Hanoi city was chaotic with motorcycles and cars crossing without much clear directions and not many traffic lights around for the ease of passenger crossing. We were horrified on the first night out for dinner and ended up eating porridge in the restaurant along the same row with the hotel. Again, the restaurant was rather too warm for us to spend more time in there. The customer service of Demantoid was really commendable. Despite us complaining about high room temperature, the receptionist was very patient in attending to us and asked the maintenance guy to adjust the temperature for us several times. On the last night at Demantoid, the concierge guy recommended us to dine at the 5 Spices Restaurant for authentic Vietnamese food (the price was reasonable), which were just a few streets away from the hotel. He even gave us a ride on his motorcycle to the restaurant since we were terrified by the chaotic traffic. It was my first time riding a motorcycle with altogether 3 adults. What an exotic trip to Hanoi! Don't miss the beef noodle & Vietnamese spring rolls! The only setback was the breakfast were served late on Day 2 when we need to depart early for Halong Bay. The hotel restaurant was opened later than 6 a.m. The staff nevertheless, did their best to rush food out for guests with good service attitude. Meanwhile, the Bai Tu Long Bay cruise with Indochina Dragon Pearl 3 Junk was superb. The UNESCO natural heritage offered great rocks, islands, caves, floating school, pearl farming & fishing villages that urban folks should experience at least once in a life time. We also enjoyed kayaking at Halong Bay to feel the emerald waters surrounded by animal shape like islets. No regrets for a 4D3N escapade with my old school mate!

Room Tip: Get a Deluxe or Premium room for spaciousness if you travel with family.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends