“Very well located..................”
Review of A25 Hotel

A25 Hotel
Ranked #244 of 598 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Ideally located in the Old Quarters, where everything was just a few minutes away.The rooms were spacious and refreshing with sparkling bathrooms..............the only thing they could do is to have a bigger and a fancier Restaurant.

Friendly staff and peaceful ambience.

Worth a try.

Room Tip: The twin sharing rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for A25 Hotel

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 6 adult tourists who had stayed 1 night at Demantoid Hotel 2 a day earlier before spending a night away at Halong Bay.We expressed our dissatisfaction as we had expected better facilities and conditions. However, we had a pleasant surprise upon our return stay when the hotel gave us a free upgrade to Demantoid Hotel.The hotel management even bought us local handicraft presents as a sign of their sincerity in pleasing guests.Our 2 night day was indeed nice and memorable.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The guy who worked at the front desk the morning of August 4th cheated us. He asked if we needed to buy any presents and suggested that we buy banh com, which is a special cake from the North. He also suggested that we should buy 20. He said they charged 9 thousand dong each.
We were in a hurry to pack, so I agreed. Later on, when we got to the bus, some of my tour group friends told me that the place was only a few steps away from the hotel and banh com only cost 5 thousand dong each.
I just can not believe someone who worked in this hotel can be that tricky. But that taught me a lesson " Never to trust people that easily!"

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Tntkttravel
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I was very disappointed with this hotel. I was in a group tour of 14 people, and there was another group staying in this hotel too. The restaurant could not cope with that number of people at breakfast, not enough tables, and the food kept running out. There was only 1 lift in the building. The internet keyboards had paper stickers on the keys, they were so worn, and the keys which did not have stickers on were unreadable. Keyboards are not very expensive to replace. The keyboard also typed the Vietnamese letter U when I was entering an English W.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel 2 times, for my 1st and 3rd night of my 6d vacation in Vietnam where I join an arranged tour. At the first time arriving in Demantoid Hotel and seeing its tiny reception lobby, I told myself not to expect much of this hotel. Demantoid Hotel's building is narrow (but almost all buildings in Vietnam are having this "narrow-tall" style, feng-shui/for good fortune reason, our tour guide said), it has 13 floors, fl.1-12 for guest rooms, and fl.13 for restaurant. Each floor only comprise of 4rooms. I stayed in different room for my 1st and 2nd stay. Though the hotel is super small, but I was a bit surprise to find that my room was not as small as my expectation. The room space was ok, in in my 2nd stay I even get a bigger room.
1st stay: room space: ok // bathroom : have bathtub, looks new and clean // window: small and facing nowhere // bed: a bit hard
2nd stay: room space: more than enough // bathroom: only shower, and less clean // window : good, facing street/city view.
However, this hotel exceed my expectation as I found that it has a speedy wifi connection in everywhere of this hotel, and the breakfast was also good!
Good stay for a budget trip, but if you wish for a luxurious hotel, you can always choose 5* hotel (ps. Hanoi doesnt have many luxurious hotels, but one of them is Sofitel)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2013

The hotel is a 15 minute walk from the old quarter, but it's close to a number of good restaurants, cafes and bars. The staff were very friendly and helpful, they even allowed me to extend my checkout from noon to after 3pm. I would definitely stay again, although I moved on to try a hotel in the old quarter.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front (ending in 05) are the largest, but you will hear the beeping from the street. S...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Stayed 3 nights here in February and found very little to criticise. It's quite close to the central area of old Hanoi (a km. or less along admittedly crowded streets [but that's Hanoi]) but in an area which goes quiet by late evening. Staff were very courteous and helpful both in reception and in the breakfast room/restaurant. Our room was large, nicely decorated and well fitted including carpeted floor and everything worked. The bathroom had a bath with shower over and was in good order with everything provided and working. There was quite a wide choice of Vietnamese and 'western' food at breakfast which should satisfy most people. Everything was very clean - they were even painstakingly cleaning the chandeliers in reception one day. It hasn't got a pool nor fitness facilities but provided that doesn't bother you, I'd recommend this hotel for a pleasant stay

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple