May De Ville Backpackers Hostel
US$125
US$114
US$104
Nikko Hotels
Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel(Hanoi)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$34
US$61
US$55
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdorm roomold quarterhalong baybia hoi cornerprivate rooms aretravel deskfree breakfastair conluggage storagecleaned dailytop floortour desktravel agentsapa tourcat ba islandcheap pricestayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I heard about this place from another backpacker that I met , and she recommended to me about this place, and I'm so happy for listening her !

It's the best place ever, with very clean rooms,
free breakfast buffet at the 10th floor,
TV and pool table room at the 2nd floor,
WIFI in every floor,
and great staff that always be happy to help you and to hear from you.

It's a new place so everything is always changing, So don't be surprised to find new Furniture or new computers Suddenly. :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2011

we liked best its great location in Old Hanoi center, in a side street but very quiet.
Absolutely unbelievable ! Luxurious, big and very clean rooms Attached a nicely decorated bathroom .
Delicious breakfast buffet
Helpful and very friendly staff no matter who you talk with.

Room Tip: Rooms in the upper floors are brighter and let the sun in a lot
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I had previously stayed at a hotel in Hanoi, when a friend wanted me to book a night at May De Ville Backpackers Hostel after we arrived from Sapa.

I was really amazed what I saw the interior. It's clean, it has a great movie room. There's free wifi. The breakfast buffé was better than at any hotel that I visited in Vietnam.

I would have thought that I had stepped into a 5 star hotel, except that you sleep in doorms. The beds in the doorms are however very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I stayed in the shared dorm room in August 2011 and it was a great experience. The place is clean, there's housekeeping daily, you get fresh towels - all in a dorm room.

It is also right smack in the center of Old Quarters and you can get local coffee, snacks, beer - all with the locals in the nearby shops. You can also just go down and start shopping.

But the highlight must be the staff. ALL of them were so friendly... One (sorry forget her name but I think it's Thuy?) even accompanied me to around Old Quarters (before she started work) because I wanted to go shopping but didn't know where the street was... I will definitely go back again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Although slightly hidden away the hotel itself is in a great location, slap bang in the middle of Old Quarter, Hanoi. Anything worth seeing is in walking distance - very useful - there are markes, shops and of course the legendary Beer Corner!!! After a hard day on the streets of Hanoi we found this hotel to be our own little oasis, especially when we could take a shower, whack on the air-con and head back out for more fun!
Lovely bedrooms, clean showers and freindly staff made this one of our most enjoyable stays in this country.

Hugo Darley, London