“Best hotel on my whole trip in Viet Nam”

Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel
Ranked #54 of 589 Hotels in Hanoi
Nagoya, Japan
“Best hotel on my whole trip in Viet Nam”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

If you are looking for a hotel, do stay here. Rooms were large, clean. The staff ware very friendly, and they loved talking to you. This was the only hotel I stayed at in Ha noi, but it was much better than the hotels in Hue.

Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I stayed here and found it to be a great place to stay. Rooms were large, clean and had everything you need including WiFi.
This hotel is close to all the action of Hanoi and you can walk straight out the door into it,wicked. I had decided to stay another night but they were fully booked so not only did Cherry find me a room in there sister hotel she jumped in the cab with me took me there and made sure everything was sorted. Have not found service like this before and I was totally impressed. I recommend this hotel as I was treated far above my expectations.

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Just arrive from Hanoi and stay in this hotel for 3 nights. If you are looking for a hotel with the best value for money, do stay here, Best room rate, good location, clean room (with personal computer, Big Lcd TV, Ref, nice bed, 2 complimentary bottle water, tea and coffee and even weighing scale), clean toilet and bath (with Toiletries, new towels, some with bathtub), nice buffet breakfast, complimentary pick-up for 3 nights stay even when we arrive at midnight and amazing, friendly, always smiling staffs from house keeping, restaurant crews, door man, receptionists and management. We joint all of our tours thru them and everything was OK,. The tour price is also reasonable. The hotel is located in old quarter, where shops, restaurants, the Thang long water puppet theater and hoan kiem lake are all within 5 to 10 minutes walking distance. Highly recommended with no regrets.

Room Tip: Book at lease 3 nights and have complimentary airport pick-up when you book thru there website.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The staff are realy amazing people, so friendly and they love talking to you! I have never been to another hotel that the staff were that friendly, they were more like friends then recepcionists! For the price you got a good room, a very big bed, delicious breakfast.
This was the only hotel I stayed at in vietnam but it was much better then the hotels in cambodia. They book your trips for you and they have no problem if you want to do an overnight trip. They booked me on a night train to go to sapa, and they staff got me a taxi and one of them came with me and brought me right onto the train and made sure I was in my correct cabin!
If I ever go back to Hanoi I will be staying at this hotel again it was a great experience and I highly reccomend you standing there!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Fabulous few days in Hanoi and hugely due to our stay at Holiday Hotel. We stayed in alot of different hotels around Vietnam including a 5 star but the service from Holiday Diamond Hotel was by far the best, absolutely outstanding. The staff are very friendly, efficient, helpful and made sure we were well looked after. They picked us up from the train station after an overnight train trip, took us back to the hotel, gave us a room for a few hours to freshen up and have a rest and then arranged for an airport transport. No hanging around airports for hours. This hotel and staff are amazing and I hope to go back again soon. Great location, centre of the Old Quarter, close to markets and lake. Don't go past this hotel and if you haven't organized your trip (like me) leave it to Jenny... she is tops.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed in another hotel in Hanoi, then went on tour to Ha Long Bay and Sa Pa and returned to Hanoi for 2 nights at Holiday Diamond. The staff let us leave some luggage with them for while we were away. And they remembered our names, just from email correspondence. They also remembered us by name when we returned from Sa Pa. I am very impressed! We arrived at 6am after being on the overnight train from Sa Pa, and they gave us a temporary room to use until our room was cleaned. Breakfast is very nice, they have a good selection, including mango lassi drink, and several Vietnamese options we haven't had in other hotels. The staff are really helpful with any questions, and not just out to sell tours, like in other parts of Vietnam.

Stayed September 2012
2 Thank tsql
Los Angeles
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We had a fantastic stay here. Right in the heart of the busy Old Quarter of Hanoi, but an oasis of calm in the craziness. The rooms were clean, bright, and cool, and a seriously amazing value for the price. We especially loved the in-room computers, the delicious pho at breakfast, and the staff --they were wonderful, kind, helpful, and so friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple