“great location and lovely staff!”

Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel
Ranked #49 of 580 Hotels in Hanoi
Cologne, Germany
“great location and lovely staff!”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

My friend and me travelled to Vietnam last autumn and our first stop was Hanoi. After escaping some guys who wanted to trick us into their hotel we ran two hours through Hanoi searching for our prebooked hotel - without luck. Luck brought us to the Diamond hotel though where we went in to ask for help to fid this prebooked hote. The staff was incredible friendly and helpful. They made us sit down, gave us a drink, phoned the hotel (found out that it was renamed which was why we couldn't find it) and showed us how to get there. So when we finally made our way to the prebooked hotel and they told us they didn't receive our payment and wanted us to pay again we decided to go back to the friendly people at diamond hotel. They welcomed us warmly again and gave us an amazing room. The room was clean and very nicely furnished and the rate was alright, too. Also they gave us great tips for restaurants etc.. The hotel is situted right in the old town and it is great to explore the city from there. There might be places to stay which are less noisy but I don't think you will find them in the city centre.
We continued our three weeks Vietnam trip and when we came back to Hanoi after that to catch out flight back home we naturally came back to the place. It was a little like coming home and my friend and me both were totally amazed by the fact that they all rememberd us (even our names) and wanted to hear about our trip. We will make sure to stay at this hotel again when we go to Vietnam nxt time!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Farina H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
West Midlands
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We only stayed 1 night - wished we could have stayed longer. Great hotel in the old quarter. Perfect for exploring.
The staff were extremely friendly, they remembered our names every time we came in and out and gave helpful, useful advice. Great breakfast too! Room was really nice and comfortable!
Thank you!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here only recently and found it to be one of our best hotel experiences. The staff the wonderful and were amongst the most helpful we experienced in our travels through Vietnam. Going to and from the hotel doing small trips to Halong Bay and Sapa and back, the staff were kind enough to keep our luggage for us so we didn't have to cart it around. When we left our Lonely Planet book on the Halong Bay Cruise's Shuttle Bus, they speedily organised it's swift return back to hotel. Cherry, Mai and Jenny were particularly helpful but I can honestly say that every staff member at the Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel were an absolute delight. We will definitely be coming back here!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2012

The moment I stepped into the hotel I was greeted by Nancy, a very smiley polite receptionist. I was offered a drink and a cold cloth to freshen up. She then brought me to my room and walked me through the facilities of the room. There were complimentary fruits on the table which was a pleasant surprise, though mentioned in the included items when I booked.
Room was generally nice. What's not so good.. There were two windows in the room, one high up... No scenery to speak of and the other located at the corridor. Not so good for privacy cos I realized I can peek in if I'm tall enough. Problem can be easily solved by drawing the thicker curtains.
They have a whole array of ala carte buffet breakfast to order from. I ordered pho. Yummy!
The service was excellent. All my needs were addressed... From the room to taxi to adapter to be bought. For the price, it is well worth.

Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 December 2012

My family & I have been travelling all this years to Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, China, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore & others countries. Lodging experianced are from the lowest home stay to the greatest 6 stars hotel. We found this hotel is one of the best hotel in terms of attentiveness and customer service. The room that we stayed, the family room (double bed + single bed) is clean and comfortable. The room equipped with all the amenties needs with add on free internet PC in the room. The breaksast served in the hotel is good which choice of local and western food. The hotel location is great, in the heart of the Old Quarter which are within walking distance, 10 to 15mins walk of all main attractions within the Old Quarter. Also, the hotel is off the busy road for family who need good sleep for the night and rest in the day. Staffs speak good english & friendly. To my surprise most of the front desk staff, include night shift staff on duty do remember my name. They all great me well and chat with me about my tour experiance in Hanoi. It made me fell I'm meeting old friends out there. On the day (everning) we returned to the hotel from Halong Bay to pick up our luggage before our night train to Sapa, without being ask, they offer us a vacant room for refereshment. So nice. Also, on the day we returned from Sapa, the staff waited me at the train station and arrange a taxi for us to the hotel. They attended to my worry as I'm arriving in the earlier morning (5:00am++) and yet most taxi driver don't speak english and I've kid with me. Will stay again and recommend to my friends who planning to visit Hanoi.

Room Tip: Family room on corner are with big windows
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We chose this hotel after an excellent stay at the sister hotel in Hue and were not disappointed. As with Hue, it was one of the best experiences of our three week holiday in Vietnam and we can't say enough good things about it, particularly the service provided by all the friendly and extremely helpful staff. Before we had even officially become guests of the hotel, Nancy at reception went to great lengths to organise our trips to Sapa and Halong Bay (both of which were excellent). The rooms are clean and comfortable, the breakfasts delicious and location is great. But it is all the outstanding staff that make this hotel such a gem. All the positive reviews are true - this hotel is fantastic.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank bnh
Manila
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Two words for this hotel..THE BEST! Service is perfect. Breakfast is excellent. Even before our arrival in Hanoi I already knew that this hotel is one of the bests (the reviews say it all!). Cherry and Jenny were very accommodating and patient in answering all my emails. When my sister and I arrived they welcomed us with the warmest of smiles. They helped us booked our Ha Long Bay even though it was already late at night. Our room was upgraded. We super liked the petals on the bed and shower room. Very comfortable and clean room. They even gave us mangosteen (yummy!) as complimentary. After a tiring day we had a good night sleep, there was a sense of comfort and safety in their hotel. We started the following day with the best breakfast! Y-U-M-M-Y!!! After our Ha Long Bay trip, my sister and I decided to go back to their hotel. On check-out,I was ready to pay the whole day rate,but was surprised that they only charged us half the price because they explained that we only stayed for half day. Very reasonable! Although The Lake is a couple of streets away, the walk is not a bore as there are lots of things to see and buy along the way, so definitely a plus. The service that they gave us is more than what we paid for. Will definitely stay there again once we go back in Hanoi. This hotel is very much recommended! Thank you Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family