Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel
Box Hotel(Hanoi)
  • Room Service
Splendid Boutique Hotel(Hanoi)
2,031 results
All reviewshalong bayold quarterphothe hotel staffwelcome drinkdong xuan marketsister hoteltrain ticketsrooms are cleanhotel is locatednight trainnight marketstar servicespecial thanksfresh fruitstayed here for nightsairport pick
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

The hotel rooms are fairly small but very nicely done. All mod cons, tv and pc! Wifi, hair drier, complimentary fruit and water. Altogether excellent. But the best bit is the service, the friendliest, smiliest (if that's a word) people I have ever met. Nothing is too much trouble. This is the first hotel on our tour of Vietnam, I hope they are all up to this standard.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank ryjoel
Reviewed 27 April 2013

All the previous good reviews are true. The hotel is quite small meaning that the staff can give you that extra personal service. My boyfriend was very ill when we were in Hanoi and the staff arranged a Dr's appt & a taxi for us. We spent a lot of time in our room because of the illness, the PC with the latest windows was a great bonus as I was doing a job application and we also had a DVD player. Finally the location was great, right in the heart of it, but the best thing was their breakfasts! How I miss them! Such good value, croissants, eggs, cereals, juices, hot drinks, fruit all with the option to have more & included in the price!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank JessicaSmith1982
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My husband and I are on an extended trip, and we use Tripadviser for everything. Sometimes you really luck out, and sometimes you wonder how a place is ranked so highly. The Hanoi Holiday Diamond was truly remarkable. It will stand out as one of the best finds of our entire trip.

We stayed here for four nights, and I would have happily stayed much longer. We celebrated my birthday in Hanoi and my husband went out to get me some roses as a surprise. The staff saw and inquired if it was a special day, he told them it was my birthday and while we were out they decorated our room with a message spelled out in rose petals, two dozen roses, and balloons. Later after we had returned from exploring they brought up a delicious birthday cake and even sang happy birthday (all unprompted and free of charge!)

The hotel is centrally located, the staff helps with bookings (although we weren't entirely satisfied with the Halong Bay Cruise they steered us towards, you may want to shop around for it). Most impressive of all, when we returned from the cruise they even escorted us to the train station on a rainy evening. To be clear, we had checked out before the cruise and only ended up back at the hotel because the cruise minibus drops you off where they picked you up. The staff member hailed us a taxi, went with us, PAID for the taxi then carried our bags to our actual berth on the train while we huddled under the umbrellas he provided. It was definitely a bit confusing at the station, and we were running short on time, so this was a lifesaver! The best service we have had in SE Asia, and possibly ever!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelingShneckens
Reviewed 23 April 2013

This hotel was a pleasure to stay at in the old (and loveably crazy) old quarter. Rooms are clean and the breakfast was great but by far the best thing about this hotel is the staff. They are very helpful when it comes to storing bags and organising showers, cars, and taxis for those must do trips to Sapa and Halong Bay. Nothing was ever a problem for the staff here. Nancy, and Cherry had all the bases covered and organised everything without a hitch. They made us and our teenage children very welcome and organised rooms close together in the 3 times we stayed there. Deserves its place on tripadvisor.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 8fold123
Reviewed 22 April 2013

In short, the staff make a massive effort to be friendly and helpful and 3 nights in a large room including about 20 items laundered cost me less than $140 / £90 so extremely good value. The breakfast is very good and served by the sweetest helpful girls The only one extremely minor point is about the towels, they have definitely seen better days and although I'm sure they are clean, many are stained. I couldn't extend my stay because they were fully booked, but they booked me in at their sister hotel close by and one of the managers jumped in the taxi with me and got me settled into their new hotel... I can't imagine very many hotels doing that.. a real example of going the extra mile.

Room Tip: Worth paying for a bigger room, front rooms not noisy but there is some street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo