Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel
US$62
US$132
US$110
Agoda.com
Essence Hanoi Hotel & Spa(Hanoi)
US$74
US$77
US$72
2,042 results
All reviewshalong bayold quarterphothe hotel staffwelcome drinkdong xuan marketsister hoteltrain ticketsrooms are cleanhotel is locatednight trainnight marketstar servicespecial thanksfresh fruitstayed here for nightsairport pick
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Very impressive with the 5 stars customer service. Very helpful by Mina, Henry, Dee ...etc.
Big Thanks to one staff who gave "lucky money" to my daughter during their Great Festival. Delicious breakfasts, esp. the mango juice... Mmm! Keep it up folks!
We will come to your hotel again when we come to Hanoi in future. Will definitely recommend to our relatives and friends.

Room Tip: Pick rooms with bigger size and with window. Or go for higher floors with better view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2014

A good value small hotel with really nice staff with Cherry and Henry especially good at their jobs and very likeable too !Our room was at the back of the hotel 505.clean and tidy with fresh fruit and clean towels and water every day.The room could do with a lick of paint but against that the lovely staff ,extremely good breakfasts and advice as to places to visit more than made up for this.
When we left the hotel at 3.00am to catch a flight ,a breakfast was made up for us at no charge ! Would stay there again .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Minh P, Manager at Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Travellers,
It is always our pleasure and honor to read your feedback about our hotel and service.It supplies us more energy to contribute to our work better day by day
We thank you the author for your contribution for us especially your praise for our staff .We day by day trying our best to make everything in our hotel most comfortable for your evey stay.A whole building painting has been done and it has brought a new look with fresh wall for the hotel.
We do try our best, and hopefully succeed most of the time, as we are keen to ensure that our guests have good memories of their stay in this beautiful city. We are looking forward to having another opportunity to welcome you all at our Hanoi Holiday Diamond hotel in the future.
Many thanks for your being with us
Sending you our best regards
Management Board

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Diamond Hotel on three separate occasions throughout our itinerary. Out of all six hotels we stayed at I can say without a doubt the staff and service here was the most memorable. We booked a Standard Room for the three nights we stayed and on two occasions we were fortunately upgraded to an Executive Room free of charge. Upon check-in they provide complimentary fruit juice which tasted excellent! The cost of the rooms were also really cheap and great value. Our room had a PC with free internet as well as all the amenities we required including a hairdryer and complimentary water. Most impressive was the size of the shower which was at least double the size of a standard shower. If there was one flaw, I would say that it would be the window view which was lacking. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone travelling to Hanoi as the location is perfect in Old Quarter, nearby many restaurants and the Old Quarter Lake. The staff also provided a useful map of Hanoi which was perfect to navigate the city and visit all the best restaurants and attractions. I must say, the staff at the Holiday Diamond Hotel are the best. They were always very helpful and provided great recommendations to the best hidden places to eat in town. We would like to personally thank Cherry for all her help especially and for personally walking us through Hanoi streets just to buy coffee. Also, on our last night stay, we had to leave around 6am (too early for the free breakfast) and Cherry also organised a special takeaway breakfast with toast,eggs and even yoghurt/milk. Thanks again to all the staff, we will definitely stay here again if we ever come back to Hanoi. To anyone looking for a place to stay in Hanoi, make no mistake this is the hotel you want!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Oh dear I feel so bad only giving the Holiday Diamond 3 stars, maybe 3.5 is more appropriate. Certainly, the service is 5 star and I feel so bad rating the hotel at 3.
I am a regular visitor to Vietnam and Hanoi, so my comments have to be taken, based on my experience, rather than those of a first time visitor. The first time I ever visited Hanoi I stayed at Le Foyer (not rated anything like as high on Trip Advisor) and being a creature of habit have returned most times, largely because my friends tend to stay in more expensive hotels nearby. However, I have always suspected that I can get much better than Le Foyer for my money, indeed I once stayed at the Landmark which was half the price and good apart from the room.
I also have stayed at Holiday Diamond in Hue, which has the best customer service I have ever experienced. Although I thought it was more than double the price of similar hotels, it was worth it.
Hanoi Holiday Diamond does indeed have great customer service (although the much cheaper Landmark is just as good), it didn't make up for the hotel. I was looking forward to staying a little closer to the market, which was on reflection a mistake and the immediate area around the hotel is uninspiring, located next to a motor cycle repair shop with a dog in a cage.
I think the hotel is fairly new, but the cheap furnishing are showing real signs of wear and tear. The standard rooms are small and an awkward shape (like the cheap rooms in the Landmark). At least it had an outside window, but with the next building 10cm from it, no view and no light coming from it. The bed was even harder than most Asian beds and the bedding not adequate in the winter. The wardrobe was small and not big enough to readily fit suitcases in. The bathroom was also poorly fitted and the toiletries good, but not great.
Breakfast was fairly good and they were happy to cook what you wanted. Again the service was fantastic.
Overall everything felt a little dirty, especially the towels and bedding. I think this was simply a product of using poor quality furnishing, rather than a lack of commitment to housekeeping.
I know that the staff will read this review and I want to state quite clearly that you were brilliant, you did everything to make my stay fantastic. But the owners have let you down. Its not that there is anything wrong with the hotel or the furnishings, just that the cost is double what you pay for other hotels of this quality. I am so sorry to write a review like this, but I have to be honest.

Room Tip: Don't book the cheapest room, its a false economy
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank piphoshin
Minh P, Manager at Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear travellers,
First word,We would like to say thank you all for posting us your
reviews on this website.
It is an endless source of experience for us to make ourself better in
this hospitality business.We understand how precious your comment to
us.
To the above review,We would like to have some words to avoid misunderstanding for other readers.
Our hotel is located in a very central but quiet street.Our room rates also include breakfast ,computer in room ,tea ,coffee,fruite...All is served with very warm and energetic staff with the only purpose to bring our guests the most comfortable stay.We think you should not compare us with the other hotel that is not on the same level with us.Everybody knows that how they can survise with only 15$ per night(as you said it is half price of our 30$ room) for rental,electricity,water...Morover ,the other hotel is near the local market and railway station ,so noise is unavoidable.We think all comparisions here are unequall.
We thank you for your kind understanding and do hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Many thanks again and Best Regards,
Manager
Minh Pham

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Very good value for our 3 day stay in Hanoi, we paid around 30 dollars. A bit pricey for a backpacker maybe but what you get is much more than in other countries I've experiences in South East Asia.

On arrival the staff greeted us with lots of information on what to do, where to eat etc, and a welcome drink. Our room was the best we've had so far on our 3 month trip. Comfy bed, TV, good closet space, bed tables and a personal COMPUTER on the desk, so convenient! We had our laptops with us but for those who don't that is perfect. Free water, coffee and tea every day, with a water cooker in the room. Bathroom with bathtub, hot water, sink with good space, lots of amenities like soap, sewing kit, cotton buds, etc etc.

Breakfast is served until 10 and it's a la carte which feels very luxury! You can choose whatever you want from the menu and as much as you like of course. So it's like a buffet, only it's a la carte... and everything is so yummy.

The staff is always so nice, asking you how your day has been, asking you what you'd like to do etc. If you don't have an itinerary for Hanoi, they can easily make you one. Call taxis, book restaurant tables etc. They helped us to get train tickets for the night train, saving us the "trouble" to go to the station ourselves.

I would recommend this to anyone, even backpackers staying on a tighter budget because seriously 30 USD a night is not much :) By the way wi fi worked perfectly in the room all the time. And hotel is perfectly located in Old Quarter. Not noisy though. If I would complain about something, the view from the window in the room is non existent, there is a wall literally 5 cm from the window haha. Doesn't matter though!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple