“Outstanding hospitality”

Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel
Ranked #59 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Having previously had a very mediocre stay another nearby hotel that was actually rated slightly higher, I was amazed by just how much better everything at the Holiday Diamond was in comparison. I arrived at 5.30am off the night train from Sapa, and the staff were kind enough to let me check in to my room straight away. The room itself was spotless and cleaned every day. The communal areas were also very clean and comfortable. The included breakfast was great and freshly cooked to order, and the location very convenient (the hotel provides a very good map with recommendations too). However what really sets this hotel apart is the staff, they were so friendly and welcoming and did everything they could to make your stay enjoyable. Candy in particular was very helpful throughout my stay and lovely to chat with. I actually wanted to stay another night but unfortunately they were fully booked, however she gave me the options of their sister hotels, and within minutes had booked me a room at my chosen one. Not only that, the hotel booked me a complementary taxi, and Candy was so kind as to escort me to the other hotel and ensure I was checked in ok. She could not have been nicer! Would definitely recommend as a fantastic all-round option in Hanoi.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,986)

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 9 days during our 4 month trip around S.E Asia. We've seen many hotels and I can say this is the best hotel for hospitality. The staff are extremely nice, (but without fake smile that usually you can get in 5 stars hotels) and very helpful with anything that you want. They really made us feel at home and gave us loads of information about the city. The rooms are very clean and pleasant. The location is very good (just right in the centre of the old city) wanted to stay in this hotel again when we unexpected returned to Hanoi but sadly it was booked up.

Highly recommended this hotel.

Thank you again to the staff for making us feel so welcome.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in three hotels in Hanoi in the same price bracket and this was the best by a long way. They offered welcome drinks and cold towels on our arrival, the hotel is in the best part of town really central but the hotel room was still totally quiet from street noise, welcome a/c, nicely done out bedroom and bathroom and great breakfast. Really couldn't fault anything about it. Staff also went out of their way to be helpful. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and loved every moment of it. Clean room, fast internet, excellant breakfast, strategic location and many more. But most of all the friendly and helpful staff make the stay pleasant and memorable. I will definitely stay in this hotel the next time i'm in Hanoi. Definitely a value for money hotel.....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is a follow up review.Great stay ! Great people , great hotel, great food , excellent employees.This hotel is highly recommended when you are planning to stay in Hanoi.Location also is strategic .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

The staff was extremely helpful from the time I send my enquiry till my stay.
They even helped to recommend tour packages and places to buy stuff which I asked.
They also helped me to fix things and change my flight. Great service and super friendly staff that actually address guest by the names.
It is definitely a great place to stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We took three seperate rooms for total of five days. We took the more expensive rooms The rooms are clean and pleasant. The location is good. The stuff is very kind and helpful. We felt it was our home in Vietnam.

Room Tip: The more expensive rooms are much better.