“Above all Expectations”

Ranked #47 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Calgary, Canada
“Above all Expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights with a trip to Ha Long Bay for 2 nights in between. All the staff were amazing. Breakfast was fresh prepared to order every morning, rooms were a good size and clean. Location of the hotel was excellent and in the heart of the old quarter. But again most importantly the staff. They helped us book our Ha Long Bay tour in very short time and we even had options, the tour was great by the way, they stayed in our price range and there were no surprises. They kept our 3 large bags for the 2 nights we were away and when we returned we were welcome again with questions about our trip, plus we had a free room upgrade.

We asked for directions all the time and they would always help, with a smile, draw locations on maps for us and make great suggestions also.

They booked a taxi to the airport for us and quoted a price, it was reasonable and about the same we paid to get there, but when the ride came I was told it was less and they have me money back, I only mention this as I could of easily not known and went along, so to end it they are honest also.

I can't say enough good things about the property and especially all the staff and we will stay here again when we return to Hanoi.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed four nights in Hanoi and I have to say that our first impression of the hotel when we walked into our room was...well. The front desk lady asked us how our impression was and I said something really non-committal. The room looked like it had seen better days about ten years ago. It was clean, but scuffed, and chipping and not super inviting. HOWEVER, we were quite comfortable. My fiance was sick two days and stayed in the hotel while I hit the town and the hotel staff were wonderful: they offered to bring him breakfast,and to check in on him while I went on a day trip to Halong Bay, and they were really quick to get us more water, change towels, or whatever we asked for.

The location was excellent and the breakfast was my favourite on the whole trip (and we had a lot of excellent breakfasts in Vietnam). And again, the people were helpful and genuine, which really makes your stay that much nicer.

The drivers who brought us to and from the airport were definitely in a hurry and I was honest to goodness fearing for my life on our way to catch our flight home. I am talking digging my nails into the car seat. This was the only instance in Vietnam where we didn't tip, because I was not going to encourage that kind of driving in any way. If you are going to get the airport transfer, make sure the staff communicate to the driver that you don't want to careen to the airport at breakneck speeds.

1 Thank Annams A
Minh P, Manager at Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Annams A
First of all ,thank you very much for your stay and your review about our hotel.
Working in this hospitality business for a long time,We understand that your support plays a very important role in the success of every hotel.Also,your encouragement acts like a motivation for us to contribute the best for our job.
It is shown through a lot of your positive comments on this website about our hotel.
To reply your support,We are very happy to inform that We have redecorated all the funitures in all of our rooms . The old design was replaced by a very modern and charming style one .You will live in a fresh and comfortable space with new beds ,wardrobes ,floor... arrangement.
We hope that this is another opportunity for us to bring many memmorable stays to our guests and also hope to receive your support for our effort
We now are eager to start a new mission and look forward to seeing you in our new Holiday Diamond Hotel.
Many thanks and best regards
Management Board
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Excellent location in the hearth of Hanoi, very good hotel, nice breakfast (don't miss pancakes!).

But the best of all is the amazing staff, those guys and girls are simply the best! They really are an authentic and genuine expression of the unbelievable Vietnamese kindness!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had a lovely stay at holiday diamond hotel in march this year, the staff were unbelievably warm and welcoming and went out of their way to help us in any way they could. I left a pair of earrings in the room after check out and was on the way to the airport when one of the staff came on her moto with my earrings!! Staff showed genuine interest in making sure we were enjoying our stay. We organised our trip to halong bay through the hotel and it was excellent. Thanks to all the staff at the hotel for their warm welcome and for helping make our trip to hanoi all the more enjoyable!!

• Stayed March 2014
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

This place was fantastic. The staff are unbelievably friendly and helpful. We were always greeted with a smile and really treated great. I can honestly say the staff are some of the best I have seen not only in Vietnam, but anywhere.
The rooms are not the biggest but are adequate and very clean. They have all the amenities you would expect plus a desktop computer in each room as well as wifi. This might sound excessive but was very helpful for making bookings etc. Using the desktop as well as a tablet on wifi we sorted future bookings a lot faster.
The breakfast is a la carte. It is not the biggest selection I have seen but more than adequate.
It is in a great location with pub street just around the corner, 5min walk.
It is only a small hotel but for the price you will be getting outstanding value for money.
I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed here as part of a 2 week trip in Vietnam. Great value for money and in a good location (Old Quarter). Staff gave us a refreshing drink on arrival (after travelling for over 24 hrs from the UK) and showed us the local sights on a map.

When we had to checkout early for our Halong Bay trip they boxed us up some breakfast to take for the journey which was really helpful.

Would stay here again if I was returning to Hanoi.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My partner and I recently stayed at Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel. Very great value for money! Awesome location and accommodating staff! They even packed us breakfast on our check out day cause we were in a rush to get to the airport. Will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Hanoi