“Best Hotel we've been to”

Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel
Ranked #62 of 606 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Hanoi Holiday Diamond is a really great hotel. My boyfriend and I stayed here during our first overseas travelling experience together, and were so impressed with the friendly and helpful service. The room was clean and large, as was the bathroom, there was air conditioning, wifi, but the service is the main reason to stay here. All the staff and receptionists are so friendly and can help you out with practically anything. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,996)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We love the breakfast, the clean and comfy bed, the free bottles of water every morning, the nice shower, the TV with lots of English channels, the very fast wifi, and the PC in the room! The staff are so friendly and they really try to make us feel at home. They answered all the questions we asked - suggestions on food places and attractions to visit. They also helped us book taxis.

we stayed 3 nights with free transport from airport. Also, after 3 nights, we stayed for a night in halong bay, and they kept our luggage for us. When we came back, they offered water and lemon juice, and we were able to use their restroom. Then we left for danang and was out 3 nights again, and they kept our luggage. When we came back in the morning after our trip in danang, we wanted to book a room til 9pm so we can shower and fix our stuff before we fly back home. Only but it was full that time, so they offered their bathroom for free use. They provided towels, shampoo and soap. We were also able to use the dining area (after bfast time) to organize our luggage. It was a good thing since we didnt need to pay for another night.

One thing though - not consistent in giving the condiments. 1st day we received toiletries and packets of coffee and tea, 2nd day - no coffee/tea packets, 3rd day - bathroom toiletries not complete set. Don't know if this is hotel policy though.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the wonderful stay!

P.S. we love the french toast, scrambled eggs, and the pho. :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights. Compared to other hotels in Hanoi, Hanoi Holiday Diamond hotel's location is on the outer area of the Old Quarters. It's accessible but not noisy and you won't encounter rowdy crowds. Remember that there are quite a few places that offer beer at night and while hotels in those areas are also attractive for young/old revelers, for people like myself, it's nicer to unwind in a quiet environment. The hotel is near the ropes/mats area and a street selling wholesale chips and snacks. I liked that it had more of a local feel. The route from the hotel to Hoan Kiem lake also had a lot of secret streets where you would find lots of stores selling silk and souvenirs. Then, on the opposite direction you'll find the local market en route to Dong Xuan market. If you're into street photography, visit this area before 8 am. The scene is quite different from what I saw going towards the Hoan Kiem lake area.

The biggest draw here is the team running the place. They're friendly and efficient. All their restaurant recommendations were great. As I went during summer, I felt like a dripping faucet every time I got back to the hotel. However, the airconditioning was in tiptop shape and water flow is excellent. Plus, the staff always had a ready smile. It made my stay extra pleasant.

I wasn't sure what to expect for breakfast. Again, I was prepared to dine out to try as many local establishments as I could but for some reason I did end up eating at the hotel everyday. On the first day, I got to sample french toast. It was the first time I've had that kind of french toast -it was made with french bread. The crisp crust and soft interior was excellent, a good accompaniment to coffee. My favorite though is the plain french bread. It was so good, I forgot my vow to eat pho everyday for breakfast. Of course, I really appreciated the fresh fruits that were served every morning as well.

The room itself was clean but keep in mind that it's quite simple. The most important thing for me was that the sheets looked and smelled clean. The bathroom was also kept clean. Bottled water is provided and there's a room safe. There's a set of toiletries and a real hair dryer too -I say this since I don't really like using the hotel-type hair dryers that are attached to the wall. They just don't do a good enough job. On one occasion I also found the in-room computer to be quite useful.

I got to try 2 types of rooms. I'm not sure what they're called since I wasn't notified. It was just a pleasant surprise. I liked both. I prefer the higher-level room (it's bigger) but the lower-level bathroom (enclosed shower area). The higher-level room had a tub but I think it's not really convenient. Either which way, it's not a bad deal for what I paid for. My only recommendations would be to add a manual lock to the doors and windows.

Room Tip: I stayed at rooms nearer to the back of the hotel. There are windows, a view of french style houses...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I love everythings bout the hotel..foods,staff,room..i stayed for 5 days nd felt like my 2nd home..i felt warm atmosphere..say thanks a lot to hannah because she explained me everythings about hanoi especially culture...i promised to myself if i have chance go to hanoi again absolutely i'll stay here again..

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here for a total of 3 nights and every one of the staff who helped us where pleasant and very helpful. They went above and beyond with calling airlines and trains to book tickets for us. They arranged taxis when we needed them, and even pursued a missing book that my brother had left in a taxi after him (and got it back!). The room itself was small, but clean and well maintained. The shower was comfortable (an essential in summertime Vietnam) and the price was very reasonable.
We inserted a trip to Sapa in the middle of our stay there, and they took care of our luggage and were very accommodating when it came to arriving back there early in the morning (earlier than most of the staff were up), tired, grumpy and hungry. By the time we left again later that morning, we had eaten, showered and thoroughly refreshed ourselves. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I normally don't write many reviews but I have to give this hotel and the staff the highest rating I would give any hotel. Every staff member from housekeeping to servers at breakfast were amazingly friendly, helpful, and professional. I stayed there a total of 9 nights on two different segments of my trip. The front staff were the most helpful I have ever seen. Candy, Hannah, Tony and others went far above other staff at hotels with rooms ten times the price. My room was new, spotless, and comfortable. The AC was awesome for a hideaway from the Hanoi humidity and heat. I was taken to the train station and escorted to the proper sleeping car and picked up when I returned to Hanoi at 530am. Amazing. The location is perfectly suited in the middle of the Old Quarter surrounded by street life. If you blink you will walk by it. In 35 years of travel, the Hanoi Holiday Diamond is without a doubt the best hotel I have stayed in as far as service, price, rooms, location. No Question about it. Thanks everyone at the hotel and I will see you again soon.

Room Tip: All rooms have some street noise but look for a room that opens into the rooftop alley.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank larrymhill
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Had a pleasant stay at this hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful with requests and recommendations on things to see and do in the area. It feels almost like home here and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014