“you are amaizing guys”

Ranked #53 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
Croatia
“you are amaizing guys”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

First we stayed there for 3 days,they aranged for us Halong Bay cruise and it was fantastic.We back to the hotel in the same room.All the staff were friendly helpful packed breakfast early in the morning because we had flight .Location is great,nice restaurantes near and it was quite at night.

Room Tip: We stayed in superior room ( no window) and we love it.A/C and wifi worked perfect
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 24 July 2014

If I were to return to Hanoi, I would take delight in returning to the Holiday Diamond Hotel. The location is brilliant, the rooms were perfect, but I must admit the thing that distinguishes it from other perfectly adequate hotels was the amazing customer service. From the word go, I felt at home here. Cherry and Candy the receptionists were so friendly and I found myself chatting easily with them on a daily basis. They were very helpful, printing airline tickets for me, getting things for me when my phone broke and even booking accomodation for me in my next destination. Candy had just returned from Hoi An on holidays so when she heard I was going she wrote a list of activities she recommended, highlighting the price things should be and even the best local cuisine to try (chicken rice btw......amazing). Its almost unfair to highlight the girls, because actually all the staff were so friendly and helpful, but I had the most dealings with the Ladies. Breakfast in the Holiday Diamond was the best I had throughout my stay in Vietnam, with the endless fruit and french fried toast being particular highlights for me. I cannot recommend this hotel enough, it was just so good for such a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter. But if you want a view of the hustle and bustle its not that noisy at...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Bruges, Belgium
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Super friendly reception, super breakfast!
Clean rooms, good bed, high standard Bathroom
Good location, quiet at night, nice restaurants in the neighbourhood.
Helpfull reception with adressen for massage, taxi, boottrip, pedicure & Manicure

Busan, South Korea
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was there just for my business in Hanoi, Vietnam , I stayed here several days except Nihn Bihn.
When I stayed, all staffs was kind and served best service as if I am at my living room.
Also clean room and good fresh breakfast. Many Thanks for your help~

Room Tip: All staffs will give u best service.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Hanoi Holiday Diamond is a really great hotel. My boyfriend and I stayed here during our first overseas travelling experience together, and were so impressed with the friendly and helpful service. The room was clean and large, as was the bathroom, there was air conditioning, wifi, but the service is the main reason to stay here. All the staff and receptionists are so friendly and can help you out with practically anything. We'd definitely stay there again.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We love the breakfast, the clean and comfy bed, the free bottles of water every morning, the nice shower, the TV with lots of English channels, the very fast wifi, and the PC in the room! The staff are so friendly and they really try to make us feel at home. They answered all the questions we asked - suggestions on food places and attractions to visit. They also helped us book taxis.

we stayed 3 nights with free transport from airport. Also, after 3 nights, we stayed for a night in halong bay, and they kept our luggage for us. When we came back, they offered water and lemon juice, and we were able to use their restroom. Then we left for danang and was out 3 nights again, and they kept our luggage. When we came back in the morning after our trip in danang, we wanted to book a room til 9pm so we can shower and fix our stuff before we fly back home. Only but it was full that time, so they offered their bathroom for free use. They provided towels, shampoo and soap. We were also able to use the dining area (after bfast time) to organize our luggage. It was a good thing since we didnt need to pay for another night.

One thing though - not consistent in giving the condiments. 1st day we received toiletries and packets of coffee and tea, 2nd day - no coffee/tea packets, 3rd day - bathroom toiletries not complete set. Don't know if this is hotel policy though.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the wonderful stay!

P.S. we love the french toast, scrambled eggs, and the pho. :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights. Compared to other hotels in Hanoi, Hanoi Holiday Diamond hotel's location is on the outer area of the Old Quarters. It's accessible but not noisy and you won't encounter rowdy crowds. Remember that there are quite a few places that offer beer at night and while hotels in those areas are also attractive for young/old revelers, for people like myself, it's nicer to unwind in a quiet environment. The hotel is near the ropes/mats area and a street selling wholesale chips and snacks. I liked that it had more of a local feel. The route from the hotel to Hoan Kiem lake also had a lot of secret streets where you would find lots of stores selling silk and souvenirs. Then, on the opposite direction you'll find the local market en route to Dong Xuan market. If you're into street photography, visit this area before 8 am. The scene is quite different from what I saw going towards the Hoan Kiem lake area.

The biggest draw here is the team running the place. They're friendly and efficient. All their restaurant recommendations were great. As I went during summer, I felt like a dripping faucet every time I got back to the hotel. However, the airconditioning was in tiptop shape and water flow is excellent. Plus, the staff always had a ready smile. It made my stay extra pleasant.

I wasn't sure what to expect for breakfast. Again, I was prepared to dine out to try as many local establishments as I could but for some reason I did end up eating at the hotel everyday. On the first day, I got to sample french toast. It was the first time I've had that kind of french toast -it was made with french bread. The crisp crust and soft interior was excellent, a good accompaniment to coffee. My favorite though is the plain french bread. It was so good, I forgot my vow to eat pho everyday for breakfast. Of course, I really appreciated the fresh fruits that were served every morning as well.

The room itself was clean but keep in mind that it's quite simple. The most important thing for me was that the sheets looked and smelled clean. The bathroom was also kept clean. Bottled water is provided and there's a room safe. There's a set of toiletries and a real hair dryer too -I say this since I don't really like using the hotel-type hair dryers that are attached to the wall. They just don't do a good enough job. On one occasion I also found the in-room computer to be quite useful.

I got to try 2 types of rooms. I'm not sure what they're called since I wasn't notified. It was just a pleasant surprise. I liked both. I prefer the higher-level room (it's bigger) but the lower-level bathroom (enclosed shower area). The higher-level room had a tub but I think it's not really convenient. Either which way, it's not a bad deal for what I paid for. My only recommendations would be to add a manual lock to the doors and windows.

Room Tip: I stayed at rooms nearer to the back of the hotel. There are windows, a view of french style houses...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo