“Sent my parents here, they loved it!”

Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel
Ranked #52 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
Da Nang, Vietnam
“Sent my parents here, they loved it!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My parents stayed at the Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel, and also organised their tours to Sapa and Ha Long Bay through them. The hotel was reported as being amazing, with helpful and informative staff who put together two very excellent tours to both Sapa and Ha Long Bay. Special mention to the fact that the hotel bot dropped off and picked up my parents from the train to and from Sapa, and allowed them to check in early the day they got back from Sapa, in order to have a shower and freshen up after spending the night on the train.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I just keep going back to this place. It's my home away from home when I go to Hanoi. The staff is the gem of this place, and always has been, all of them are great, especially ms. Candy. Well, what's changed since last time? New furniture and a buffet breakfast in addition to the a la carte that is great at this hotel. You'll have a hard time to find a hotel with a staff, location and good breakfast like this in the area, especially in the same price range! I hope they manage to keep it up in the years to come. If they do, I'll be back in the future as well. I definitely recommend this place! Don't miss it :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The service is excellent, the breakfast is all you can eat and delicious, and the hotel is in a brilliant location. We left feeling that we had really experienced Vietnam.
6 stars.

• Stayed August 2014
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Near the end of our five month round-the-world trip we were growing a bit tired and jaded. The Holiday Diamond swept us off our feet. Wonderful friendly staff, perfect location, extremely comfortable rooms - hard to beat this quality for this price in any city. 9.5/10

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Johor Bahru District, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My family and I had a tour of Hanoi and Halong Bay from 14-19 August 2014. Prior to the tour I made an online search for a place we can stay in Hanoi and tour company for the Halong Bay (HB) cruise. I read reviews to know more about hotels and HB cruises. The Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel (HHDH) stood out among the hotels of similar class. The exchange of emails between me and the hotel staff went well, Jenny was so patient answering my questions and in providing information I needed. Jenny went a step further by arranging our HB tour with Grayline Cruise. We eventually took HHDH and we didn't regret our choice of hotel. Though small in size, the hotel facilities are just right from the lobby, to the restaurant and the rooms. What made HHDH excel is on the service and hospitality of its staff- simply superb. I will definitely choose this hotel in my next travel to Vietnam.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank whl57
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I chose this hotel based on reviews on Trip Advisor, and it was an excellent choice for our first hotel stay in Vietnam. The hotel is well located in the Old Quarter, and our room was very clean, comfortable, and welcoming. They made the bed with rose petals and swans for our honeymoon, and the room looked beautiful. It is extremely good value, with free wifi, use of computer, safe and toiletries. The breakfast menu was extensive, catering for western tastes and the food was excellent and plentiful. The staff here are amazing, and nothing was too much trouble for them; they are genuinely concerned that you are well-looked after and have a good time, and look, honestly, they treat you like one of their family. All the staff there are lovely, and we especially connected with Jenny, Candy and Hannah. It was hard to say good-bye, and we would definitely stay here again. We had a wonderful time in Hanoi, and this hotel was a big part of that.

Room Tip: we had the honeymoon room on the 2nd floor and it was large with a very comfortable bed.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jamila B
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights on holiday, hotel itself is very clean and welcoming. The room was nice and overall was to a high standard. On arrival the staff were incredibly welcoming and friendly, taking the time to go through places of interest in the city while providing a welcome drink each. During my stay I became sick for over a day and unfortunately missed a trip to halong bay with my mate, the girl on reception brought me to the pharmacy to buy medicine and later on in the day called my room to see I was feeling better and invite me for dinner with the hotel staff downstairs. This is only a small insight into the kindness the hotel showed, really genuine and friendly people. Excellent place to stay.

Sean, Ireland