“Clean, Beautiful and brilliant Location”

Essence Hanoi Hotel & Spa
Ranked #21 of 581 Hotels in Hanoi
Weybridge, United Kingdom
“Clean, Beautiful and brilliant Location”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed initially for two nights before visiting Sapa, then back for a night before visiting Halong and then back for our final night.

The hotel is located in the heart of the Old Quarter, if you turn left on exiting the hotel Beer Corner is in front of you! If you turn right and walk for approx 10 minutes you will reach the lake and the square. but Hanoi is very easy to navigate.

The rooms are spacious (we had a deluxe room), clean and well equiped. We upgraded to a suite for our last night and all I can say is 'WOW'.
There is wi-fi in all the rooms.

I arranged our airport collection with the hotel for $18 US (for 2 people), they also took us to the train staion and collected us for $5 US per person. The food is fantastic, and breakfast to die for, but dont forget to explore and try the local restaurants in Hanoi. If you go left and left again out of the hotel, there is a cafe/restaurant with yellow chairs and tables, the spring rolls and beer is cheep and good!!!

The staff are very helpful and will do their best to find places on the maps and internet if needed. We stored luggage with the hotel each time we checked out for no extra cost and it was very secure.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel and return if Im back in Hanoi.

Room Tip: If you can afford it upgrade to a suite (we did on the last night) its fantastic!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Traveladybug73

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had an unfortunately brief but great stay at Essence Hanoi. They greeted us with a cold drink and allowed to check into our room earlier than usual. The hotel is based right in the heart of Hanoi, an absolutely brilliant location which allows you to get straight into the action.
Our room had a laptop and wifi as well as complimentary soft drinks.
Overall the outstanding thing about this hotel was the service. From start to finish the staff were warm and friendly. They let us leave our bags in the hotel whilst we went on a Halong Bay trip and greeted us with cold drinks and an urgent call for a taxi when we arrived back from the trip and were in danger of missing our flight! This really was going over and above what I expect in terms of service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lynds01
Singapore
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The room facilities here are good, breakfast is solid, and the location is perfect if your goal is to see Hanoi's best sites.

Highlight of the hotel though is definitely their service. They are very kind and helpful and relatively easy to communicate with. They pay attention to small details, like bringing you a cool glass of water after you've been outside for a while, or making sure you are lined up with honest taxis.

Only drawback is when you remove your key from the electricity slot in your room it will also kill the power outlets, so don't count on your computer charging while you're out unless you can get another key.

Good value overall.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank sqchristensen
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We were sad we had to leave this place! The staff is great, the rooms are beautiful and the food is awesome! After exploring all Hanoi has to offer, we always looked forward to coming home to the Essence. Sofie always greeted us with a smile and the rest of the staff were always sure to take care of our every need. Everything they recommended was outstanding and the tour to Ha Long Bay we booked with them will always remain a fond memory for us, as the tour guides were delightful! The hotel is a sanctuary in the middle of the busy old quarter with staff who make you feel like family. Thanks!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank J C
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 June 2014

From the minute of our arrival this staff made us feel welcome and taken care of. They can set up anything you might want to do in Hanoi. When my husband started feeling under the weather a staff member accompanied me to the pharmacy to help me get flu medicine. They then had ginger tea and home made chicken soup sent up to the room for him. Then I got the wretched flu and we had to cancel our trip to Halong Bay (was very upset about this). Luckily we were able to keep our room for another room while I was down and out. When we came down at check out time to leave for our 4:00 p.m. flight at Hanoi airport they took one look at me (I was still not well) and told us to go back up to our room and stay until closer till our flight time. Wow! Most hotels just want to get you out and get the next person in. That few extra hours sleep really helped me deal with the flight to my next destination. If you like being treated like family and having a staff that truly cares don't stay anywhere else. Oh and the AC was icy cold, great WiFi, amazing breakfast buffet, perfect location for exploring Old City but then getting out of the chaos at night to a relaxing room. The only feedback I would give the hotel is to consider getting softer mattresses. I know lots of people like firm but the mattress was a little too firm for me. But everything else about my stay was perfect. Thank you Essence Hanoi!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Angela P
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

When I saw this hotel rated at No.1 in Hanoi, I was sceptical. I should have been more trusting; it deserves every accolade bestowed on it.
The level of service from the staff was the best I have ever experienced any where in the world. Nothing was too much trouble for them and every query or request for assistance was instantly attended to until completed. We were experiencing difficulties with our Viettel SIM cards, and the staff sorted it out instantly and at no charge to us.

The hotel is located in what appears to be the new centre of nightlife, street food and Bia Hoy in the Old Quarter. It's a short walk to "the Lake" and handy for erveryuthing.
Our room was lacking a window, and if we stay again (which we intend to do) we will make sure we get one of the lovely, light rooms facing onto the street.
There was a little daytime construction noise during our stay but this didn't affect us too much and will soon be ended.

All in all, - thoroughly recomnmended. e recived

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rogeroz
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was on my business trip to Hanoi and stayed at here for 2 nights. In my previous trips, I had stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels. In this trip, I decided to choose a boutique one and Essence was my 1st option because of its quite excellent reviews on Tripadvisor.com. i was not disappointed from arrival. Very impressed with a cold towel and water offered the driver when he picked me up from the airport then I was warmly welcome by reception team and amazed by their hospitality, oriented with full information of Hanoi with a detailed city map and legends on its back of restaurants, shops, street food those i am very fond of.

The hotel is located in the old quarter and very close to Bia Hoi corner the Hoan Kiem lake. I booked a deluxe room with big window towards the old quarter. Bed was comfy, room was spotless clean.

Staff were extremely amazing and helpful. They knew every thing i needed. Breakfast was fantastic. Restaurant staff were very friendly. Highly recommend and can't wait to come back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business