“Bang for your buck”

Tu Linh Palace Hotel
Ranked #92 of 598 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 15 December 2012

The rooms are modern and stylish, while not that big it feels spacious... bathroom is modern with great rain shower. Big tv with lots of good channels (nat geo, discovery, hbo, cnn etc.) Breakfast is decent and you can order different items until you are full. Staff are overly friendly which can get annoying if you dont need anything or want to book any tours but of course it is better than rude staff. Stayed 3 nights and would of definitely stayed longer if the hotel didnt book out. Only problem with hotel is location is abit far from the lake and all the restaurants. Its fine if you dont mind abit of walking.

4  Thank jimburns4u
There are newer reviews for Tu Linh Palace Hotel

Reviewed 14 December 2012

We stayed here for one night while in transit and were blown away by Tim's service! He was super friendly and also provided us with a map on where to go to eat and general safety and getting around tips for Vietnam (as it was our first time). he even said we could call from anywhere in Vietnam if we had any questions! He was so genuinely nice..The room was very nice and very clean. We didn't have any trouble sleeping due to noise despite the honking in Hanoi. We will definitely try to stay again when we are back in Hanoi in January and highly recommend them!

2  Thank Vivi R
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Stayed in Tu Linh Palace Hotel for 3 nights at the start of my trip and for 1 night at the end of my trip. It is really a super excellent hotel with awesome staffs (Mr Tim, Ms Bac, Mr Binh and two other male staffs who helped out too). We stayed on 29th Nov - 2nd Dec and 7th - 8th Dec 2012.

Booked this hotel via a friend's recommendation. Never regret at all!

Email response:
As we have special requests after booking the rooms via agoda, I emailed them. Very responsive! I always get my reply within 1 day! :)

Location:
It was located in Old quarter. Upon arrival, it seems like it is at the edge of old quarter and that there isn't much around the surroundings. However, I was so wrong! Ms Bac, the one who greeted us with a smile upon our arrival gave us a detailed map and showed us what is available around the hotel. And during the stay there, I finally realised how awesome the location is. It is near to Hoen Kiam Lake (about 10 mins slow walk away) and Dong Xuan Market and Night market (about 5 mins walk away). Being not in the centre of Old Quarter, it has lesser noise I would think and you get to see more locals too! :) A lot of great local food around too!

Value:
Super value for money. I booked a superior room for about USD 24 per night.

Rooms:
We stayed in 3 different rooms for our 4 nights there. Upon arrival, we stayed in Room 201, an ungrade of our booked room type. We were given this room by Ms Bac as they have available better room type for us that night :) For this room, there is a window with the street view, a notebook available for usage and twin bed. On our 2nd and 3rd night, we stayed in room 203. It was supposedly the room type we have booked but we were so amazed. It is still up to standard. The only difference is that there is no window and no notebook available. It is a double bed too. Other than that, there is not much a difference from room 201. For the 4th night, we stayed in room 303. It was supposedly a much higher and better room type than room 203 and yes, we felt the difference in terms of the TV channels. The TV channels has a much better choices! It helps as we can watch the TV programmes when we are tired from our walking. There is a small side window too. For all the rooms, they have great and strong WIFI, fridge, safe, clean toilets, TV, rain shower/shower head with hot water, phone, toothbrush/toothpaste, shower gels, hair dryer. For room 203 and 303, it seems smaller (perhaps due to the double beds), however, we can still place our 3 luggages :)

Facilities:
there are 2 computers available for usage at the first level. Free coffee/tea/iced water available whole day round. It is really great relaxation by sitting down and enjoy a drink after a day of walking around. They also have photocopy and printing facilities. Very good if you forgot to print important stuffs! I am sure the friendly staffs will assist with it :) They also have 2 lifts available, catering to two different section of the hotel. In addition, they also allow you to keep your luggage with them if you are going to Halong Bay or Sapa. That's what I did and I felt that my luggage are in good hands :)

Breakfast:
Love the breakfast choices! There are both Vietnamese and western breakfast (see attached photo for the menu and food). The coffee is a must drink!! Never tasted this unique taste elsewhere in Hanoi! At the end of our trip, my friend and I even bought the coffee powder from the hotel!! We were so amazed that they sell it! I believe that others asked from them before too! There aren't many stocks so do ask early for it :P

Tours:
We did not book any tours through the hotels as we have already booked with other tours beforehand. However, we booked our train tickets to Sapa via the hotel. We are satisfied with the train (VNtrans). Although it was just a small 4-berth cabin, it was quite clean. Upon arrival, we heard from others who booked other carriages by other companies and they complained about dirtiness. However, we weren't really fussy about it and think it was great and we got to know two other couples via the train to and fro Sapa :) However, if you are a girl and travelling alone and have the budget, maybe good to book a cabin to yourself. We are just quite lucky to have great cabin mates :)

Service/Staffs:
The service is really impressive! All the staffs are very friendly and can speak English. Tim has an excellent command of English while for Bac and Binh, they can speak English and we can still understand them (although sometimes we have to ask again to verify). However, all of them are extremely friendly and we were always greeted with a smile! Upon arrival, Bac showed us around the hotel and its surroundings (such as telling us about the free coffee/tea/iced water, tips of not getting scammed, good food places etc). Then we met Binh. He was really friendly and always with a smile on his face. Although he is not as well versed in English, he always makes the effort to make sure our needs are met. When we arrived from Sapa early in the wee morning (about 6am), Binh was the one who served us and we felt so relieved that we are back in this impressive hotel once again from our tiring train journey. He even offered us free breakfast! Last but not least, we met TIM!! He is extremely friendly and well versed in English. He showed us more good food places and we were never disappointed with the recommendations. Now, I am missing those food! He also always makes the effort to chat with us whenever we leave or arrive the hotel! He even offered to make us Vietnamese instant noodles for supper! :P And no doubt, we became friends with Tim! They can remember our names too! And now, I am missing them!! Will definitely keep in touch with them!

Overall, I really love this hotel. My hanoi journey will never be so awesome without this hotel stay and the impressive and friendly staffs! And if I am back in Hanoi again, I will definitely stay in this hotel again! Maybe this time round, I will book my tours with them too! :) )

Room Tip: If you are really fussy about noise, choose rooms not facing the streets (e.g. 202, 203 etc) or at h...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank JaniceSoh
Reviewed 8 December 2012

The title tells everything about this place...

Rooms are small but somehow very well organized and nicely decorated in a simple way. The location is perfect in the old quarter. For only 24$++ it makes the place the best value in town in this pricing range.

Staff were abosultely friendly and ready to help at any time. Great job guys, keep going.

1  Thank GlobtrotShanghai
Reviewed 6 December 2012 via mobile

I stayed in Tu Linh Palace for 2 nights and really liked the place! The service of the staff was great, they made me free noodles before a tour I booked at another agent and when I came back I got a free breakfast! They are also very helpful in showing you the way. The room was spacious and very clean, location is pretty good too.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank LisanneDG
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We stopped off at the Hanoi Backpackers to find they were charging a rip off ten dollars per dorm bed or an unbelievable fifty per private room. After rapidly giving up on this idea we wandered along Ma May and into this place. At a total of 22 dollars for a well appointed and spotlessly clean room (including breakfast) we decided to go no further! Our only complaint is that the shower door in our room could have done with re-sealing as the water kept leaking out! 304 if anyone from the hotel is reading this!! Thanks for a great stay guys...

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank JCWParigi
Reviewed 27 November 2012 via mobile

We came to this hotel after leaving another cos of rats and were pleasantly surprised. For $22 a night breakfast, free tea, coffee and fruit all day, air con and free wifi and not to mention the amazing service. We stayed 2nights and after the first night they knew us by first names. On day of check out our flight wasn't until 5oclock so they said we could check out later instead of 12oclock. Always a smile and how did u sleep in the morning at breakfast. All round brilliant hotel and very welcoming. Would defiantly stay again if visiting Hanoi. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2012