“Clean room, good staff, excellent customer szervice.”

Tu Linh Palace Hotel
Ranked #78 of 580 Hotels in Hanoi
Canberra, Australia
“Clean room, good staff, excellent customer szervice.”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have just completed three day stay at the Tu Linh Palace Hotel. I have been made very welcome at all times. As stated by previous reviewers, there is free wifi, computers available for those who do not have their own laptops. A nice breakfast menu, and unlimited tea and coffee. The manager Tim is always ready to provide assistance to the traveller and is very obliging in every way. I was allowed to have a late checkout with no fee, and provided with fruit and refreshments while i waited for the time to depart to the airport. I have been very impressed with my three day stay at this hotel and would recommend it to any potential traveller.

2 Thank Steve G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2013

The room I had was nice and there is coffee and tea,WiFi and computers for free. I think this would be a good base for a few days in Hanoi as the staff were obliging to help if you needed any ideas on things to do.

2 Thank Hamenator
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Tu Linh Hotel in the old quarter of Hanoi. It is perfectly located, close to good restaurants, bars and the infamous "bia hoi" corner. The staff allowed us an early check in as we'd arrived off a night bus at 7am which was great as they had no obligation to do so.

Unlike other Hanoi hotels we'd heard of they weren't pushy at all about booking tours (though they do offer that service). Breakfast was tasty and prompt.

The best thing are the staff! They are all extremely friendly and easy to chat to and best of all will help you as best they can. One staff member walked us to another hotel to print flight itinerary as their computers were down! That's going above the call.

On the whole I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel, cheap, well located and great staff, what more could you want.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank worldcitizen3711
Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

We used the Tu Linh Palace 1 as a base for many trips around Vietnam. The staff were always super friendly and helpful.

The hotel is in a great location on the quieter side of the old quarter (though still very much central, just not quite as much of a backpacker hub as the east side).

We stayed in 3 different rooms and all were very clean, modern and comfortable.

Very highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Aeron G
Grenoble
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Cheap and very confortable, clean, nice and helpful staff, good and unlimited breakfast...what else? The location is quite good, if you want a quiet room, you should just ask to be at the back, and its not a problem!

Room Tip: choose a room in the back, but even on the street its not so noisy
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JulieOnft
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Beautiful hotel, very new and clean. Very friendly and efficient staff. Arranged airport pick up in private car and organised lovely room for me (even though I booked though Agoda for wrong day!). Tim kindly gave me a map and directed me to local vietnamese noodle shop for dinner as I wanted to try Hanoi food. Would highly recommend this hotel. It is located on edge of old quarter so a little further from backpacker area with all the tourist bars, restaurants and shops. Note: Tu Linh Hotel 2 is nowhere near the same standard.

Room Tip: My room was at the back but you could still hear traffic through window!
3 Thank tara_trouble
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in the standard room which was small but fine for us. We stayed a total of three times throughout our trip. The bed was really comfy and clean. The bathroom was spacious and had a door separating the shower from the toilet. There was a closet, fridge and desk in the room.
The staff were very friendly (if not a little too much, but they meant well) and were willing to help you in anyway thy could. Tim was usually the guy we talked to and was always there to help and answer questions for us. Breakfast was great and every time we came back to the hotel we were offered drinks and fruit plates which I loved. The one disappointment was that they mixed up our booking and we had to spend two nights at their sexing guesthouse. I do realize that these things happen but we had really enjoyed this place and didnt want to move. Tu Linh 2 is similar but not as modern and I didn't find the staff as friendly. I would stay at number 2 again if I had to but I would definitely recommend staying at the first hotel instead of the second.

• Stayed June 2013