“First class” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #157 of 577 Hotels in Hanoi
Perth, Australia
“First class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

I arrived at Aranya following a trekking trip - which was great fun but consisted of awful food and rock hard beds (and often rooms with no windows). The Aranya hotel is like landing in heaven. I had a super-clean,very attractive and comfortable front room (3rd floor suite) and have to say that noise didn't bother me at all, the balcony had 2 sets of doors and curtains. After my previous days nothing much was going to keep me awake - I did notice minor outside sounds die away around 10pm. The room facilities - bathroom and bedding are top notch - I certainly couldn't afford to stay in a room like this in Perth!
All staff are beyond the call of duty helpful and lovely to interact with. I liked the location a lot - good for gift/garment shopping and a pleasant stroll to Hoan Kiem Lake. I would definitely stay there again, and I will be recommending it to friends who are visiting later this year. It is spectacular value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Wendy R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

My girlfriend and I spent several days in this hotel. The hotel staff is really great, we were very lucky to have found this hotel. The room was clean, the breakfast was good. Nothing more to wish for.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Paolo G
Christchurch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights,while visiting Hanoi and can recommend it. The staff,were very helpful and so very friendly. Our room was great, very clean and breakfast just what we wanted, and the rates very reasonable. Joy, New Zealand

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JoyNorthCanterbury
Napier, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

Hi - I stayed 2 nights at Aranya. I was suppose to stay at Hanoi Sapphire but was double booked so they put me 50M down the road at Aranya. Great staff, very welcoming, informative and helpful. My room was fine, nice bathroom and plenty of hot water. The bed, bedding & pillows are the best I have slept in, in my 2.5 weeks in Vietnam. The only negative side is that the Hotel was quite noisy (when I was there) and you could hear other people in the next room or in the corridors, plus there is some building work going on during the day....but overall, a very nice Hotel to stay in. Very well located in Hang Bong St and able to walk everywhere of interest in the Old Quarter and surounds from here - I didn't use a taxi once, but I enjoy walking :)

Room Tip: Take a room at the back away from the street with a window.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank toosdh
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We were so glad to have found this place! It might just be one of the best places, especially for the price. The hotel is nice and clean from the reception to our room. But the best is probably the sweet attentive service we got. We enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this place!

Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jo A
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Had an internal room so no windows but no Hanoi street noise! Clean bed and room and bathroom. Great non smelly and a shower that actually drains. Great magnifying mirror! Flat screen tv was a great touch. Had already been to sapa and halong bay so they didn't try to sell anything to us. Organized an honest taxi driver to take us to train station. Friendly staff who really do try to help in any way. Hope the business takes off and does well! Only negative was that the cleaning staff didn't wait until we had vacated the room to clean, so asked them to return in 10 minutes, but we came back at the end of the day to find our room still hadn't been cleaned. But no big deal as was done within 15 minutes after we asked.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank vegelion
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

We had a great stay at Aranja Hotel. It was only a couple of weeks old when we were there, so everything was clean and new. The hotel staff were friendly and the room was spacious and comfortable. The location of Aranja is also really good...its a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family