“A HAPPY TRIP”
Review of Hanoi Sky Hotel

Hanoi Sky Hotel
Ranked #160 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 20 September 2013

4 of us were on our first visit to Hanoi . We like to share some of our experiences and to acknowledge all the kindness shown to us especially from the Service Staff of Aranya Hotel who make us feel at home and make our holiday a happy and memorable one.

We were still bubbling with excitement (that we were on the same SIA flight with our Prime Minister who is on official visit to Hanoi) when we arrived at Aranya Hotel located in the old Quarter . We stay 3 nights here.

Hanoi traffic with it thousands of motorbikes is both fascinating and scary. It was LINH MEI. from the hotel reception that offered to help us to cross the street and took away our initial phobia .After, it was actually adventurous and fun navigating thru the motorbikes.

THE ANH is friendly and helpful and we are touched by his very caring way to an elderly man at
Hotel breakfast.
Thanks to CUC and chef VU for that nice and surprise set lunch menu and also to our request for “Bun Cha”.
Thanks HUONG NGUYEN JAN for her recommendations of local food and eateries. She speak fluent English.

We ate Pho noodles at many of the roadside stalls and so far, our stomachs are o.k.

We cruise the beautiful Halong Bay on the Galaxy Premium . New ship, fun activities and big meals but we wonder why plain water , tea and coffee are not part of the set lunch/dinner menu.
Tour guide MR NAM is patient ,accommodating and knowledgeable.

We recommend Hoa Lu Tomcoc (few hours drive from Hanoi) to see 2 ancient temples and to do boating and cycling on this “Halong Bay on Land”. The thumb-down is that the boatwomen pestering you to buy their stuff and for more tips.

Sweet HUYEN JIN work at the hotel reception , she was also our ½ day City tour guide to the HCM palace complex, HCM Museum and Temple of Literature. Very interesting places if you love History. .
JIN, thank-you so much for all your services at the hotel and at the tour, taking photos for and with us, having fun.
Accommodating to all our shopping requests in such a tight schedule. I have never hop into so many taxis in such a short morning.
I know sometimes we are a nuisance and a half but you are an Angel.

Yes, there is NGUYEN CUONG the GM who is very visible and friendly , he arranged and co-ordinates our tour with no Issues.
He leads a staff that works as a team , like a family and we notice they multi-task..

This boutique hotel is clean, the ambience is relaxed and quiet.
Thank-you Team and may you all be well and happy.
We hope to see Central Vietnam and have returned visits to Hanoi and Aranya Hotel..

Cheers and thank-you to my 3 travel mates ! You all are so humorous, interesting and fun !

Cheerios
Mei
(with Lee Hoon, Mabel and Mr Chua)

Room Tip: choose room with window postitionings that give you a sense of security.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Leong M
Aranya H, Guest Relations Manager at Hanoi Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear MS Mabel, Lee Hoon and Mr Chua

Thanks for your recent post on Trip Advsior. We work hard at continually trying to improve our service to our guests and feedback like yours is a terrific tool for us.

I am pleased we were able to get you a room that was to your liking and loved to hear you enjoyed the various services provided in the hotel.

I have shared your review to all hotel staff, so I wish that you could see how happy they were. I very much appreciate your help and support. It were so great to serve you here.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards and be blessed

Reviewed 19 September 2013

The location of the hotel is fantastic and close to all the eateries and shopping. The staff are very friendly and helpful and good at recommending places to eat around. It was heavy downpour the day we were checking out and going to airport but all the front desk staff helped us to transport our luggages ( group of 10 with big bulky stuff ) and all got wet. Just want to say thanks to all of you.

1  Thank Saigonexpat123
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I was doing a SOLO ADVENTURE FOR my Birthday in Hanoi due to some unforeseen incidents & was so blessed to meet all the staff & crew of this lovely hotel in the Old Quarter. They truly made my first ever vacation in Vietnam & my 26th bday so so so memorable because of their warmth, professionalism & dedication to serve their guests. As a birthday celebrant travelling alone, they didn't make me feel lonely or isolated, instead they did a wonderful job in catering to my needs & requests. I consider them as my Viet family now & will surely recommend them to all travellers to Hanoi. Believe me, you will be in safe hands when you meet these people. Moreover, the staff are extremely friendly & hard working. I miss them all!!!!!! And rest assured, the manager MR. Nguyen will take care of you. Overall, they as a team are my angels in this vacation. Xin Cao!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank EMERALD914

Dear MS Eme,

Thank you for your comments! I was very glad to hear that you had a great time with us here at Aranya Hotel on your recent trip to Hanoi and that you enjoyed our services.

I have shared all the photos to hotel staff and they are really like it very much. It is very kind of you to spend your valued time to write us a review. Thank you so much for giving me name " Andy " so I think that It is a good name for me.

Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to AranyaHotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Be blessed and take care

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We were in the Aranya hotel a couple of days in august and it was a very good time. There was an issue with the reservation that was resolved with complete satisfaction and this is one of my most important points. They were helpful and it was resolved!
Staff is very pleasant and always looking to help, making recommendations on where to go or which hours and some other advices for the city.
The only negative point is the room, we expected a full bed for the third person and we only get an additional bed, but it was in good conditions and could sleep well.
I'll recommend it

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jose G M
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My wife and I arrived in Hanoi after spending 3 days in Ho Chi Minh City. The first night in Hanoi, we spent the night in a different hotel which was very disappointing. Quang Minh Ho suggested that we move to this hotel. We had very low expectations but when we walked in, we were totally taken over by the ambiance, cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. Our room was very spacious and the food was delicious. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to my friends and family when they are visiting Hanoi.

Room Tip: Use the local staff to reccommend and arrange a trip Halong Bay. We took a day trip and it was well...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Bninova
Aranya H, Guest Relations Manager at Hanoi Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Dear Mr Bninova,

It is so great to hear from you.

We were very delighted to welcoming you on your Vietnam trip recently and thank you for complimenting that your stay in our hotel was brilliant and outstanding.

I will pass on your kind words to my team as an encouragement to keep on providing such high level of service.

We look forward to your next stay and thank you.

Best regards and be blessed

Reviewed 29 August 2013

My wife, daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Hanoi, followed by Sapa (2D1N) and Halong Bay (3D2N). We have travelled to other countries in Asia, Europe, America and Australia but enjoyed Vietnam and its friendly people the most. This is made possible due to the Aranya Hotel manager, Nguyen Quoc Cuong, who organised our trips and made it hassle-free.

We were recommended to stay at the Aranya Hotel in Hanoi and that its staff would take care of all our needs. Many thanks to Cuong, the Hotel manager, Huong Jan, the hotel receptionist, and the 2 bell-boys. Their services are excellent, friendly, very helpful and honest. Our deluxe room is very large which opens out to a private balcony with a view of the city. The hotel is clean, centrally located in the Old Quarter and reasonably priced.

Hanoi is renowned for rip-off taxi prices. So Cuong has arranged a private taxi to meet us at the airport to take us to the hotel, and from the hotel to the airport on our last day. Our package in Hanoi also include an English speaking guide, and we recommend this service as an easy introduction as to the culture, taking us to places of interests and eating his favourite Vietnamese food for lunch (he showed us how to eat them) and to a good Vietnamese coffee shop. This guide takes away the stress of doing this in a new country. He even teaches us how to cross the road safely, despite being surrounded by motorbikes coming from all directions.

In the evening, Huong Jan ( who coincidently finished her receptionist shift) accompanied us on a shopping spree. And of course, we also tried her favourite Pho. She spent about 4 hours of her own time with us. What a fantastic hospitality.

Cuong arranged for the bell-boy to accompanied us to the train station on our journey to Sapa. We took a taxi and settled the bill. He carried our two large suitcases refusing any help from us. At the train station, he obtained the train tickets, waited half an hour for the train to arrive, and then carried the suitcases into our train compartment. With this VIP treatment, we felt like celebrities when compared to the other tourists in the train station. Thank you bell-boy. I wish I knew your name.

Equally, we experienced good, hassle-free services in Sapa and Halong Bay. All the transportations, accommodations, food and trips were taken care of by Cuong

Thank you for making our tour of Hanoi, Sapa and Ha Long Bay a truly memorable experience.

3  Thank Daniel_Tang2013

Dear Mr Daniel,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoy your stay at the Hotel.

Our utmost reward is to read our guests satisfaction. The team and I are grateful to you for taking the time to drop some extremely positive words about your experience at Aranya Hotel Hanoi.

Also It is my great pleasure to help you with tour arrangement. Thank you for that.

My Team and I look forward to your return visit to our property,

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Very clean and large room. Helpful staff and nice view from the rooftop terrace.
Walking distance being right in old town Hanoi.
Good value for money.
Free airport pick up did not work and for sure the cab driver tried to rip us off charging 400000 dong for the ride.

2  Thank dullyjan