“Hanoi Old Quarter stays”
Review of Hanoi Sky Hotel

Hanoi Sky Hotel
Ranked #156 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights at this Hotel situated in the middle of the Old Quarter, Hanoi. The room we were in was Junior Suite - a split level room with a small balcony overlooking the road outside. The Hotel is clean, tidy and has a great location if you wish to walk around and sight see. If walking it will take you around 20 mins to reach the Lake, Water Puppet Show and French Quarter. About 15 mins to the Cathedral and the same to the Hanoi Prison. Local cafes and shops are very well priced and the food is fine if you are discriminating. It has a tour desk for any tours you wish to book. Staff speak good English, are keen to learn more if you take the time and are very friendly and helpful. We had a lovely time there and will stay there again whenever we travel to Hanoi. While I didn't check them out, there are some rooms I believe that do not have balconies or windows which are much cheaper. We booked via website and received confirmation via return email. Since we returned have received a personal email from one of the staff hoping we travelled safely and a voucher for our next stay or to give to one of our friends if they stay there. No complaints at all about this place.

Room Tip: The pictures on the website are definitely of their hotel. Beds are comfortable. Bathrooms clean.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days. I have never experienced such delightful front office staff as I did at this hotel. They were simply delightful and so helpful we didn't want to leave. The hotel itself is generally clean and the rooms are a reasonable size. It is not the Hilton but it was very comfortable. The hotel is situated in the heart of the old city so very convenient for shopping and getting to all the attractions. The staff allowed us to leave our bags with them while we went to Halong Bay and Sapa. On our arrival back from Sapa, an overnight train trip arriving in Hanoi at 5.30am, they allowed us to use the shower to freshen up as we were catching the plane to DaNang that day at lunch time. We would recommend this hotel to all travellers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 20Lyn
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We spent our wedding anniversary at Aranya and we were not disappointed. The staff especially Ms. Trang and Ms. Jan were so accommodating and helpful in every means possible to make our stay very pleasant. There was also another girl at the restaurant who was also very friendly and managed always to exchange pleasantries with us whenever we had our breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ruwena C
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Staying at the Aranya Hotel was a great experience. My room was more than comfortable, the location is great for enjoying old Hanoi and the value is hard to beat. However, the best part of my experience at the Aranya was the friendliness and service provided by the hotel staff. The staff went out of their way to make sure that my stay was perfect - from remembering my name and always saying hello to making sure all of my arrangements were made. Trang even provided great recommendations for my favorite two cuisines in Hanoi, Bun Cha and Com Rang, including easy-to-follow walking directions! I will always make the Aranya my first choice when visiting Hanoi for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rodney22268
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We spent 4 nights at the Aranya...and we had the best experience ever!

The rooms are great for the price, great location, amazing breakfast...but what won us over was the staff! What a cool bunch of lovely people!

They helped us organise trips, advised us on where to go in Hanoi and took care of us even when we were a little bit worse for wear :) towards the end of our stay we were all friends...it was incredible!

Big shout out to Anh for his helpful tips on how to get around Hanoi, Jan for her loveliness and great organisational skills, Dung for just being all around great and Pink for feeding the fish everyday!!

Lots of love,

Sonia + Sara

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Dear voyagers, this hotel has a gear more than other hotels in which I spent my holidays.
The hotel is located in a very strategic area in Hanoi, close to the core of touristic area in Hanoi.
My room was enough big for me and my family, clean and quiet. Breakfast at top floor was really good. until now you can find many hotel with the same caracteristics in Hanoi, but there is a thing that can make the difference among the hundreds of structures. Is something that you can't find everywhere and out off the services, foods and cleaning what really we still remember is the professionality and the kindness of Hotel's staff (from top to ground floor). They are spontaneous and warm...A good sample of team working...Thanks to you all, especially to Jin Jinn and all reception's attendants that let us feel very confortable and supported. Hope to come back there again soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Fabrizio C
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Aranya has the best staff, best rooms and breakfast at the best price I've found in old quarter. (miss huyen, always in ao dai, is my favorite) good location, good busy street. Rooms are quiet. Standard rooms are the best, good layout, away from front Street and elevators

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends